Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 18 1 2 3 4 17 18
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by antlers
Eternity in God’s presence isn’t a reward for good people; it’s God’s gift to forgiven people. Grace is His response to the thirsty soul. That’s my take on it.

Agree!

USMC 0351

We know the price of everything and the value of nothing.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by strikeu
Originally Posted by Tarbe
Originally Posted by K22
Originally Posted by thirdbite
Where is heaven? Is there anything physical or tangible

20 And when he was demanded of the Pharisees, when the kingdom of God should come, he answered them and said, The kingdom of God cometh not with observation:

21 Neither shall they say, Lo here! or, lo there! for, behold, the kingdom of God is within you.

another set of "bible" clichés that mean nothing. what does that even mean?

Actually, it is not talking about heaven at all. It is, literally, talking about the kingdom of God (just like it said).

The jews pointed to the physical temple as the representation of the kingdom of God on earth...which of course was destroyed by God through the Romans in 70AD.

The Kingdom now exists within each believer...the Holy Spirit is in the temple, which is every believer. Since Pentecost.

The kingdom of god- wtf is this?
washed in the blood of the lamb, no idea what this actually means
asked jesus into my heart. what?!
the lord works in mysterious ways- trying to explain the stupid chit that actually happens every day
if it's gods will (which basically means I give up)

there are more meaningless BS quoted bible verses and cliches from organized religions than can be counted. Pious religious zealots quote phrases and sayings that mean Jack Chit, however, to hard core religious fanatics, they all sound great and meaningful but mean nothing.

Human instinct is to believe in a higher power, or a creator. There is proof of that way before Jesus became a fad at 2000 yrs ago. Hindus were worshipping crazy chit 2000 yrs before Christians came up with their BS story. If there wasn't that human instinct, then any human would claim to be a higher power. (Hitler and others).

Higher power. End of story. All of the fictional ornaments hung on that christmas tree are total made up, fabricated, BS based on money. Bunch of dudes sitting in a locked room came up with this BS story, to include the Bible, and sold it. If the story isn't good enough nobody will pay for it. Organized religion and the monetary banking system seem to have been developed somewhat together. Coincidence? No.

Pay me and I'll tell you about eternal life. what a complete fantasy scam.

The dog barks at what he does not understand.

USMC 0351

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
heaven is part of the story the jews sold the world and still charge 10% of your existence to tell you weekly about it.

10%? LOL....they wish.

Jewish tithing (the only kind of tithing there is) is really ~23%.

There were three tithes. Two annual and one every three years.

USMC 0351

K
K22 Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
K
Originally Posted by K22

20 And when he was demanded of the Pharisees, when the kingdom of God should come, he answered them and said, The kingdom of God cometh not with observation:

21 Neither shall they say, Lo here! or, lo there! for, behold, the kingdom of God is within you.

Actually, it is not talking about heaven at all. It is, literally, talking about the kingdom of God (just like it said).

The jews pointed to the physical temple as the representation of the kingdom of God on earth...which of course was destroyed by God through the Romans in 70AD.

The Kingdom now exists within each believer...the Holy Spirit is in the temple, which is every believer. Since Pentecost.

WHAT! A cliche'. smirk
I think I'll believe the speaker before I believe the religious legalist.

M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M
You asked OP!

IC B2

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
My heaven is my daughter and wife. When I die I'm only going in an oven. I'm a realist.

I
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
I
More important to me than where it is is the question of what you do there for all eternity. Sing hymns? Listen to sermons? Play harps? I'd think you'd get bored.

Don't blame me. I voted for Trump.

Democrats would burn this country to the ground, if they could rule over the ashes.
M
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
M
I don't know about anyone else, but for me it is Kauai.

Patrick

"If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die,
I want to go where they went."
Will Rogers

And on the 8th day, God created the Border Collie.
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by K22

the lord works in mysterious ways- trying to explain the stupid chit that actually happens every day

there are more meaningless BS quoted bible verses and cliches from organized religions than can be counted. Pious religious zealots quote phrases and sayings that mean Jack Chit, however, to hard core religious fanatics, they all sound great and meaningful but mean nothing.

Human instinct is to believe in a higher power, or a creator. There is proof of that way before Jesus became a fad at 2000 yrs ago. Hindus were worshipping crazy chit 2000 yrs before Christians came up with their BS story. If there wasn't that human instinct, then any human would claim to be a higher power. (Hitler and others).

Higher power. End of story. All of the fictional ornaments hung on that christmas tree are total made up, fabricated, BS based on money. Bunch of dudes sitting in a locked room came up with this BS story, to include the Bible, and sold it. If the story isn't good enough nobody will pay for it. Organized religion and the monetary banking system seem to have been developed somewhat together. Coincidence? No.

Look friend, I spent 3 days a week in church until I joined the Navy at 21 yrs old. I was Baptized at 7 years old because the guest revival preacher scared the crap out of me. I memorized every verse of the bible, both old and new, forward and reverse by the time I was 9. I quoted scripture in preschool competition. I won Bible drills looking up verses. I know the story, I got it shoved down my throat for 21 years. I was singing "jesus loves me" in diapers. I spent so much time on my knees praying that I got blisters, so don't tell me I don't "understand" it.

I've also been around the world in both directions more than once, and I've seen the rest of the world worship their gods. do you know how similar Islam is to Christianity? seriously?

It's all about money, EVERY stinking fabricated word of it. Money, Money, Money. If you want to know how well a southern baptist church is doing, just ask the treasury committee. I served on one.

It's crap. It's all made up crap so there can be a cash flow.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by xxclaro
Originally Posted by antlers
Eternity in God’s presence isn’t a reward for good people; it’s God’s gift to forgiven people. Grace is His response to the thirsty soul. That’s my take on it.
Did you actually read the question?
I did. And I read all of the varied responses so far as well.

Every day on this side of the ground is a win.
IC B3

A
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
A
I can honestly say I do not know where Heaven is physically,Yet I believe that is where I will spend eternity when my time here on Earth is over.Others can believe whatever they wish.

1st John 4:7-8
T
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
T
Originally Posted by IndyCA35
More important to me than where it is is the question of what you do there for all eternity. Sing hymns? Listen to sermons? Play harps? I'd think you'd get bored.

That was my next question, along with are the residents in heaven aware of what is going on both in heaven and on earth.

C
Campfire Member
Online Content
Campfire Member
C
All I need is a small cabin down by the trout stream. My wife however, will probably deserve better.

E
EdM Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
E
So are all of the good Christians here paying the 10% tithe?

Conduct is the best proof of character.
T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
Originally Posted by K22

Look friend, I spent 3 days a week in church until I joined the Navy at 21 yrs old. I was Baptized at 7 years old because the guest revival preacher scared the crap out of me. I memorized every verse of the bible, both old and new, forward and reverse by the time I was 9. I quoted scripture in preschool competition. I won Bible drills looking up verses. I know the story, I got it shoved down my throat for 21 years. I was singing "jesus loves me" in diapers. I spent so much time on my knees praying that I got blisters, so don't tell me I don't "understand" it.

I've also been around the world in both directions more than once, and I've seen the rest of the world worship their gods. do you know how similar Islam is to Christianity? seriously?

It's all about money, EVERY stinking fabricated word of it. Money, Money, Money. If you want to know how well a southern baptist church is doing, just ask the treasury committee. I served on one.

It's crap. It's all made up crap so there can be a cash flow.

Wow, that is an awful lot of book learning….. so, you must know the answer to this question…

“What was it that the Penitent Thief knew that you don’t?”

The tax collector said: “Lord Jesus, have mercy on me, a sinner.” Jesus said he went home “justified.”

L
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
L
Originally Posted by EdM
So are all of the good Christians here paying the 10% tithe?

Explain the difference in a Christian and a good Christian.

T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
Originally Posted by IndyCA35

I don’t think we will be bored….go ahead and imagine a little bit….

God the Father is often described as being “at work.” Seems to me that we will have tasks of some sort that we will see as useful and personally rewarding.

Also, we will be living with an eternal and infinite God. I would not be surprised if He wanted us to learn about His creation. Right at the start there seems to be at least two worlds…. the physical world and the spiritual world…. Universes, if you will, and there may be more than two.

We will be able to learn about God himself and it seems to me that there will never be an end to our wonder, peace and joy.

Oh, then there is travel…. The speed of light is “too slow.” We may be able to travel at the “speed of thought.”

What ever eternity with God is going to be like is way way more …. “way more better” than I can imagine.

The tax collector said: “Lord Jesus, have mercy on me, a sinner.” Jesus said he went home “justified.”

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
I don't know where heaven is, and I don't know who will be there.

I know God created me, and all that exists, and sent his Son to redeem me from a creation that turned against Him.

Since He made me and bought me back, I'll be happy for him to do whatever he wants with me.

I know I'm part of something WAY bigger than I'll ever understand. So, I'll just trust in the one who created me to take care of things in the manner he set forth before this world was ever a reality.

The original Frito Bandito!
T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
Originally Posted by cclarkblues
All I need is a small cabin down by the trout stream. My wife however, will probably deserve better.

Not a bad thought!

One night around the campfire several of us old elk chasers were speculating about what Heaven would be like…. would our dogs be there and what not….the subject of food came up and we all thought that there would be ribeyes and bacon there….

But…what about death? Couldn’t have live cows and pigs giving it up like that. So… we all concluded that there would be “bacon bushes and rib eye trees” in heaven.

W
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
W

These premises insured by a Sheltie in Training ,--- and Cooey.o
"May the Good Lord take a likin' to you"
Page 2 of 18 1 2 3 4 17 18

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

586 members (222Sako, 160user, 219 Wasp, 219DW, 007FJ, 12344mag, 64 invisible), 2,293 guests, and 1,253 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,278
Posts18,486,771
Members73,967
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.