Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4
W
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
W
This is probably not the right place for it but don’t see one that it would fit. I plan on traveling to the Tulsa show the first weekend in April. Anything that I should be aware of traveling around town? How do you manage your time in the show? This will probably my one and only time to make this so I’d like to make the most of it. Thanks for your thoughts.

Hook And Cook
GB1

R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R
Comfortable shoes,You will figure out the rest,
Don't venture off the beaten path in Tulsa,If you buy any firearms take them in the motel room with you,If you haven't reserved your motel rooms ,You should of done it weeks or months ago,And take Lots of Cash

F
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
F
You will do alot of walking that's for sure. Don't be afraid to find a motel in Bixby, Jenks, Owasso, Claremore, Broken Arrow, Sand Springs. All of those towns are very close to the show in the grand scheme of things.

M
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
M
Take trading material and cash, a lot of trading goes on in the isles. Like others have mentioned good walking shoes.

R
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
R
DON’T buy stuff, carry it to your vehicle & return to the show. There are thieves lying in wait to break into your ride as soon as you leave your items unattended. Sad, but true.

By the way, in case you missed it, Jeremiah was a bullfrog.
IC B2

F
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
F
I've seen several people use these to carry long guns

https://www.amazon.com/Whitmor-Delu...273-2452729?pd_rd_i=B001DZ4QTC&psc=1

C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
I take a good backpack and a notebook. I can’t remember the math, but I think you have something like 15 seconds per table if you see every table and stay the entire time on Saturday and Sunday. I keep a good pace until a table catches my eye. If something is interesting, but not “buy it now” good, I jot down what/where it is and run back by at the end of the day. If it’s a good deal, you better buy it when you see it.

Concrete murders my joints, so I stay on ibuprofen every 4 hours… so much better than without.

T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
The other Tulsa Gun Shows in that building all have beer for sale, but not so with that Wannamaker show.
You'll have to bring your own.

Tony

Run it up, until you blow it up, then back it down a bit.
D
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
D
ckat gave good advice in terms of buying it if it is a good deal and you want it or it will be gone when you go back. Also, "do" write down where stuff that you want to go back to look at, as it is very hard to remember in the mass of rows, tables, and people. You will have to keep moving to get through it and see everything. But, slow down enough to enjoy it as it can be very tiring.

M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
Think 4200 tables and about 6 hours walking if you go down every aisle and by all the tables. Good walking shoes are a must.

ON the South side of building just East of the concessions there are tables and chairs to sit for a while with the rest room right there. If you get desperate I always have an extra chair at my table and am set up at 5C which is right in the center of row 5. opposite the guy with clips.

Last edited by mike_e_miller; 03/15/22.
IC B3

S
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
S
Wow...this must be a huge show?? Our shows in south Louisiana can be seen in about 2-3hrs max.

P
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
P
Good shoes and stay at it… It’s worth every minute! Have a Great Time!

Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
This last November was my first time to attend. Wonderful and overwhelming.

Massive. Absolutely massive.

Very friendly sellers.

Your feet will be killing you - wear your most comfortable shoes.

There is the usual types of fast food to eat inside the exhibit hall - burgers, fries, etc.

I was at the show for 6 hours on Saturday and 3 hours on Sunday. I did not cover everything. I was exhausted and gave up. I left a bit after 1 on Sunday and noticed that some sellers were starting to pack up.

Bixby, Jenks, Broken Arrow are good places to stay - this is the advice of my family members that live in the Tulsa area. Maybe a 20-minute drive to the exhibit hall.

Expect a 10-minute walk from where you park your car to the entrance. This place will be packed and ditto for the parking lot.

Adventure is the only thing you buy that makes you richer
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
A bunch of patience. And money. A whole bunch of money.

R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R
One other thing,If they're is any thing you cant live without,Buy it because if you leave it ,It won't be there when you go back to get it,
I done that on a Remington 700 Stainless 25-06 Custom Shop rifle never fired,Still haunting me to this day,And that was 27 years ago,

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
It is a huge show, likely the largest in the world and has attendees from Europe and Asia. it remains to be seen what the future of the show will be after Joe passed away recently. He has a son but he's not likely capable of taking it over.
I've had a table there since the mid 80's and it seems to have grown yearly. If you've never been, go to the website and see if you can buy advance tickets. If you can, do so. You can thank me later. If you find something you've been looking for, don't hesitate to buy it. if you keep looking and then decide later to come back to get it, you may find it has already sold or you'll not be able to find the table.

There are 2 rules to success:

1. Never tell everything that you know.
P
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
P
I go every year but the older I get, the less time I spend there. If your looking for something and can't find it there, it probably don't exist. LOL. Its gonna be crowded, always is, so wear comfy shoes. Tulsa is easy to get around in and the show is easy to find. Have fun for sure. Its the "World's Largest Gun Show".

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
I used to go every year, but it’s been a while so take these comments with a grain of salt.

Plan going both days - you won’t make it through the whole thing in one day. Literally miles of walking.

Don't start on either side, or the middle. That’s what everyone else does.

Be mindful of the time at each table. Taking an extra 15-30 seconds at each table of crap adds up over the day. I avoid the professional flee market guys.

Deals are made early or late. If they won’t meet your price, make note of the table and go back later. It might be there.

The best luck I had was with guys that had a small table, 15-20 guns, and some misc stuff. But then again, I was looking for some older and collectible Winchester’s, parts, etc.

You will find things there that you won’t see in a lifetime of other gun shows.

Plan on hearing at least 2-3 accidental discharges throughout the day.

Wanemacher died recently, so I hope this event doesn’t go down hill in the future. https://tulsaworld.com/obituaries/l...35e2a3a-8da3-11ec-84a4-b3c9a7f585bb.html

Best gun show in America.

Last edited by Stammster; 03/15/22.
M
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
M
Find Duke McCaw's table. See if he still has Musk Ox horn.

Last edited by martentrapper; 03/15/22.
L
LBP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
L
When is the show?

Will Munny: It's a hell of a thing, killing a man. Take away all he's got and all he's ever gonna have.

The Schofield Kid: Yeah, well, I guess they had it coming.

Will Munny: We all got it coming, kid.
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

582 members (1936M71, 1OntarioJim, 10Glocks, 1minute, 1234, 117LBS, 59 invisible), 2,501 guests, and 1,302 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,880
Posts18,518,168
Members74,020
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.