Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4
R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R
As an out of stater, and not a bordering state, how would I buy a long gun if I go?

GB1

M
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
M
Show is April 2 8 am to 6 pm. April 3 8 am to 4 but people start disappearing about 2.

Last edited by mike_e_miller; 03/16/22.
B
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
B
Originally Posted by ShortMag11
Wow...this must be a huge show?? Our shows in south Louisiana can be seen in about 2-3hrs max.

Same in FL, and that would be a big one. Sounds like it would be a good one to go to. Too bad its halfway across the country

It might be lonely at the top, but it's a bitch at the bottom.
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
If you are into the gun culture, attending the show at least once in your life is mandatory!

B
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
B
We have had tables at the Tulsa show for over 20 years. There is a numbering system for table location so if you figure that out you will be able to return to the table where you found something you liked. Each row is numbered, each island is lettered, each table in the island is numbered. Look at the yellow signs on stands in the aisles, not the numbers on the steel structure of the building. For example if a table's location is at 12 A 2 it is in row 12, Island A (which is on the south side) location 2 on that island. Just ask the vendor what their table number is so you can find them again but that's how to decode it.
As has been said, wear comfortable shoes. I like to carry a small shoulder bag or back pack to carry small items I buy, a bottle of water, a snack, and of course big stacks of cash! You can save time by skipping tables of stuff you aren't interested in like a whole island of new back packs and bags, rows of tables of gun parts if you aren't looking for parts, etc. There is not much non-gun/knife stuff allowed. You won't find tables of scentsy or people selling aluminum siding or solar panels.
On the lower level in the first rows as you go down stairs, rows on the west end of the lower level, there are displays set up that are very interesting to look at. Browning shotguns, winchester rifles, colt saa pistols, etc etc. Some of the best deals are found at the smaller tables, guys with just one or two tables. My dad and I buy guns all year long that are earmarked just to take to the Tulsa show. People come there with lots of money in their pocket to buy exactly what they want. Not a lot of tire kickers like at smaller local shows. Lots and lots of collectors come there to buy, sell and trade. As much dealing goes on in the aisles as at the tables. If you see someone walking by carrying something you are interested in don't be afraid to ask them if it is for sale. Have fun!!!

IC B2

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Walking is a problem for me. So last time I went I rented a electric scooter. Saved my feet and legs.
Google Tulsa gun show it worth the trip. We used to have big shows at the Astro arena, but they are small compared to Tulsa. Hasbeen

hasbeen
(Better a has been than a never was!)

NRA Patron member
Try to live your life where the preacher doesn't have to lie at your funeral
C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
Comfortable shoes and patience. At times there are huge traffic jams because some isles are narrower than others. Be prepared to be swatted by swinging backpacks and rifle muzzles so good reaction time is a must. Take some snacks in cause seriously the only food worth buying is the baked potato near the stairs on the top floor.

This will be the biggest museum you've ever seen and won't see anything like it anywhere else so after the wow factor is over you'll learn to ignore what you don't want and move rapidly through the tables.

When leaving the show do the buddy system cause it may be a mile to where you parked and that is not a friendly part of Tulsa. In my opinion, its worth the money to stay in Broken Arrow and get a taxi.

W
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
W
I really, really appreciate all of the input. I have being taking notes. Have my walking shoes, pen and paper, have to get a pack or shoulder bag! Can’t hardly wait. You guys are a great source of information. Thanks!

Hook And Cook
B
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
B
Last April was my first & going in 2 weeks as well. Same four of us going. Bought a table this year. One of the gentlemen going recently had a knee replacement and another is having artery surgery in his neck. The table will give them somewhere to relax plus we have about 10 firearms to sell/trade. Don't make the mistake I made last year on the first morning. We dressed too lightly and stood in line outside for 45 minutes and froze out asses off! Watch the weather. Dress accordingly. Since my first Wanamaker, I tell everyone the same thing,"If you are a gun enthusiast, you owe it to yourself once in your life to attend the Wanamaker!!!" IT'S WALNUT/BLUED HEAVEN FROM THE OLD SCHOOL!!!!!

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
The show is huge. You won’t want to stay at a table long if you want to see it all. The best deals are along the north wall upper level. Ha ha

I prefer classic.
Semper Fi
I used to run with the hare. Now I'm envious of the tortoise and I do my own stunts but rarely intentionally
IC B3

MWN Online Content
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
Yes, it's that big. I paid the extra money for a nearby motel that offered a shuttle to/from. Made it a lot simplier than driving/parking. Keep notes of where something was located at so it can be found again. Be prepared to see collections of things you've never seen before. Like somebody else said I avoided the flea market tables and the high volume handgun/ammo places and looked for the collector stuff.

People sleep peaceably in their beds at night because rough men stand at the ready to do violence on their behalf.
B
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
B
Does anyone know if those perty gals are gonna be there this year? Had a jealous wife last show. Now I got no wifey at all. Gonna plan on getting some hugs & pictures with them this year! Titties & guns!!!! What's not to love......sorry couldn't help it

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Make the show a two day event.

There are 2 rules to success:

1. Never tell everything that you know.
B
Campfire Member
Online Content
Campfire Member
B
Dang a gun show with guns and no scents, aluminum siding, windows or one day bathroom remodel guys ! This sounds like fun

Last edited by bbrown; 03/16/22.
S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Originally Posted by RatherBHuntin
As an out of stater, and not a bordering state, how would I buy a long gun if I go?

Not sure about Oklahoma but I'm a Louisiana resident and have purchased long guns in Tennessee and walked out of the store with them same day. I know every state is different though.

H
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
H
Similar to deer hunting, make sure you use the head before you leave for the woods. Everyone else seems to file in for the restroom after their coffee starts to set in. The stalls get very crowded in morning hours.

R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
The Hot Dogs are cheap, at least they were pre-Bozo. If you like hot dogs try them.

By the way, in case you missed it, Jeremiah was a bullfrog.
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by RatherBHuntin

I bought one rifle and I sold one rifle at the November show.

I bought my rifle from a guy who had a table set up. He probably had 15-20 guns for sale. Didn’t look like a retail guy. I simply handled him cash and he handed me the gun. Nothing more.

I was walking around Sunday carrying a rifle on a sling. Someone stopped me, made a fair offer for the gun. He handled me cash, I handed him the gun. End of story.

Adventure is the only thing you buy that makes you richer
O
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
O

The best day is Friday....if you're exhibiting....

One man with courage makes a majority....

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
I plan on going for the first time this year as well. I already knew about the shoes and pen and paper but did not think about the back pack.
Thanks for the tips, also about not taking things to the cars.

I may not be smart but I can lift heavy objects

I have a shotgun so I have no need for a 30-06.....
Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

663 members (16gage, 1beaver_shooter, 160user, 01Foreman400, 10gaugeman, 12344mag, 63 invisible), 2,799 guests, and 1,322 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,304
Posts18,526,023
Members74,031
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.