Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
Originally Posted by TheBigSky
Originally Posted by pullit
I want to find some of the stuff that Clark Griswold used on the bottom of the disk Christmas Vacation.

You'd lean into your rifle and sling yourself right off the front of your bench. Yikes.

LOL, at least it would be a show for sure.....

I may not be smart but I can lift heavy objects

I have a shotgun so I have no need for a 30-06.....
GB1

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by TheBigSky
I want to find some of the stuff that Clark Griswold used on the bottom of the disk Christmas Vacation.

You'd lean into your rifle and sling yourself right off the front of your bench. Yikes.
LOL, at least it would be a show for sure.....

And, it would go down as one of the greatest posts ever in one of those "What I Saw at the Range" threads.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Baby powder sucks donkey balls in damp weather. Superglue would be a better lube...

At one time Sinclair sold powdered carnuaba wax which was excellent but I noticed they don't carry it anymore. Good thing I bought a couple of bottles.

Swifty had a good suggestion with the Protektor bag. I've never shot the silver bag, they do make a Cordova variation. That coupled with sailkote spray is slicker than pig snot. I've used sailkote on leather bags without any issues.

Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Thanks for all the suggestions gents!

I'm going to experiment using the following suggestions:

1) rub down the front and rear bag, plastic fore stock, with clothes dryer sheets (thanks Al)

2) Buy the SailKote spray and apply to front and rear bags, plastic fore stock (thanks AJ) https://www.westmarine.com/buy/mclube--sailkote-high-performance-dry-lubricant-8-oz--17757741 I need to go to local boat place to get some Marine-Tex to bed a project gun (is in stock) and maybe they have the SailKote also.

3) alternative: wax paper, poker cards, thin cloth sprayed w/silicone waterproof product I have on hand. My intention is to avoid solutions that ad an additional item needed to put on bag and have wind blow off if I lift gun and so forth. (thanks gents)

Abandon: KY jelly as it's weird and as suggested wet lubes probably not a good method for reasons cited above.

I might invest in that Protektor silver skin bag. I'll start with the front and rear bags on hand.

GOA
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by AJ300MAG
Baby powder sucks donkey balls in damp weather. Superglue would be a better lube...

At one time Sinclair sold powdered carnuaba wax which was excellent but I noticed they don't carry it anymore. Good thing I bought a couple of bottles.

Swifty had a good suggestion with the Protektor bag. I've never shot the silver bag, they do make a Cordova variation. That coupled with sailkote spray is slicker than pig snot. I've used sailkote on leather bags without any issues.

That slick silver is a 3M slick cloth. It doesn’t need any additional product. I used a variation of that for 25+ years on seal bars for shrink wrap packaging machines. It PTFE impregnated, stands up to a 410 degree hot knife pressed against it getting cycled 2000 times in 8 hrs for about 3-4 weeks. Nothing sticks to it.

Swifty
IC B2

D
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
D
I used to keep a piece of heavy vacuum bag- evidence bag. I would place it on the bag first

NRA Benefactor Member

Those who live by the sword get shot by those who don't.

A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Originally Posted by Swifty52

That slick silver is a 3M slick cloth. It doesn’t need any additional product. I used a variation of that for 25+ years on seal bars for shrink wrap packaging machines. It PTFE impregnated, stands up to a 410 degree hot knife pressed against it getting cycled 2000 times in 8 hrs for about 3-4 weeks. Nothing sticks to it.

👌
The bag sounds interesting. If they ever start running BR matches around here again I'd be thinking about picking one up and trying it out.

Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
The powdered wax used on treadmill belts works very well on bags. -Al

Forbidden Zoner
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Al_Nyhus
The powdered wax used on treadmill belts works very well on bags. -Al

Mostly ground up paraffin.

Swifty
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

273 members (338reddog, 01Foreman400, 160user, 2UP, 257 mag, 35, 23 invisible), 1,828 guests, and 937 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,505
Posts18,490,628
Members73,972
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.