Print Thread
Hop To
Page 4 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by LFC
This is more like shooting the 20 ga

https://youtu.be/Owodi8a28vY

Midget abuse. Midgets are fiercely territorial. They don't know what they're doing, they just know big people put them together and they have to fight. And filming it.... It's like when Marty Stouffer got caught staging animal fights for his show "Wild America."

Yes, looking forward to a thorough review of the new Winchester SX4. Dean, did you get any new chokes for it yet or are you going to wait and see how the choke that comes with it does?

GB1

L
LFC Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
L
I wouldn't waste a shell on a factory choke....

D
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
D
UPS

It isn't what happens to you that defines you, it's what you DO about what happens to you that defines you!

NRA life member

Illinois State Rifle Association member
D
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
D
2 new Patter Master chokes waiting on the sideline ready to be put in...

It isn't what happens to you that defines you, it's what you DO about what happens to you that defines you!

NRA life member

L
LFC Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
L
Hope they work out I can't vouch for a 20 ga. Patternmaster choke.

IC B2

D
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
D
If they perform like other Pattermaster's I've used, I shouldn't be disappointed.

NRA life member

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by LFC
Hope they work out I can't vouch for a 20 ga. Patternmaster choke.

Especially one sprinkling fAiry dust! wink

L
LFC Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
L
From what I've saw on the internet you can "sprinkle fAiry dust" out of most any choke tube.

Ps...You mind if I steal your saying....I love it sprinkling the dust. Lol.

L
LFC Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
L
Did you get the new sprinkler yet ?

I notive you said you bought a Patternmaster Code Black Duck ...my buddy shot one so I bought one I did a lot of pattern testing with the duck and steel shot...I liked the Goose tube better for duck shooting.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I might have bought a PatternMaster Code Black for my A5 a couple of months ago. I saw them at Green Top Sporting Goods in Richmond, Va and a couple of the staff there were really speaking highly of them, but I couldn't find one for the Invector DS system my A5 uses. I've settled on my Carlsons for this season. Not sure I can afford to pattern anything else right now.

Ps...You mind if I steal your saying....I love it sprinkling the dust. Lol.

I named my Browning BPS 20 gauge Tinker Bell because of your "fairy dust" comments.

Last edited by 10Glocks; 03/05/22.
IC B3

L
LFC Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
L
You can call her tinkler for short.

P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
most any choke will shoot fairy dust but it is no different than anything else. If you want a tight pattern without fliers, you still have to play with the chokes.
Some like a nice even covering of a 20 inch circle40. I don't want that, I want a really hot 10 inch core and the rest as close to a 15 inch circle as I can with rest in the 15 to 20 inch circle.

Last edited by pullit; 03/05/22.

I may not be smart but I can lift heavy objects

I have a shotgun so I have no need for a 30-06.....
D
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
D
Knowing me, the 2 Patternmaster choke tubes are just the start. No problem getting different ones if necessary. Started with these two because I could get them, couldn't find others at this time.

Stopped at Midwest Shooter's Supply yesterday in Lomira, WI. Pretty slim pickings there too, and they're a larger shooting supplies store. They did have all kinds of Federal 20ga, 3" TSS shells on the shelf. Almost $60 a box! Glad I picked up a bunch when I did when it was about half that. Couldn't believe I bought them for the price I did back then too.

NRA life member

D
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
D
Went with the Meopta Meostar R1 1-4x22 RD with the illuminated K-Dot reticle. First time ever I'll be using a scope on a turkey gun and chose it because I had it. Solidly mounted and bore sighted and hoping to be able to do a little patterning soon. Cold, windy, rainy, nasty day today so not today! Lol! I'd hunt in it, but not going to mess with patterning in it. Getting closer and starting to come together...

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com] [Linked Image from i.imgur.com] [Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

And starting with the Patternmaster Code Black Turkey choke tube.

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

Last edited by DeanAnderson; 03/19/22. Reason: add pictures

NRA life member

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I've got a Weaver 1.5X5 shotgun scope that I've had for years. I have used it on a turkey gun and it works good. For some reason though, I seem to be going back old school and getting away from scopes and red dots.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I sold my Benelli SBE2 because I didn't use it anymore, and replaced it with a pair of shotguns for turkey hunting. I had a 12 gauge 11-87 years ago that I wish I'd never sold, so I bought another one. I also bought another 20 gauge pump, a Winchester SXP. I wish I'd not bought the Winchester, as it's a damn Turkish made gun, something I either overlooked or forgot about. It shoots okay, but it operates very stiff. Also, I was checking the pattern, and had a 3 inch Longbeard in the chamber and a couple of target loads in the magazine. When I shot the Longbeard, and went to pump out the empty, the action was jammed by where the shells in the magazine had come loose, and had locked the action up. I have never had that happen on a pump shotgun, and I've had pumps for 60 years.

I'm debating as to whether or not to put that Winchester down the road. It handles nice, and doesn't weigh a lot, and shot a pretty decent pattern. But, a Model 12, or even a 1300, it's not.

D
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
D
The SX4 is made by Browning in Portugal, not in Turkey like the SXP pump gun.

NRA life member

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by DeanAnderson
The SX4 is made by Browning in Portugal, not in Turkey like the SXP pump gun.

I'd been reading where the SXP was supposed to be a decent gun for the money, and I just wanted a 20 pump to have anyway. However, I expected a little better quality gun.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Nice gun. Very nice, indeed.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Nice looking shotgun there and excellent choice on scope. Looks like a nice set up. I'll be real interested in seeing some patterns. I had the same gun in 12 but traded it in for a SBE3 recently. Lot of guys on the bigger turkey forums really like those Winchesters though.

-Matt

"The proof of the whisky is in the drinking, the proof of the rifle is in the shooting."
Page 4 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

184 members (2500HD, 358wsm, 10gaugemag, 7mm_Loco, 204guy, 23 invisible), 2,080 guests, and 1,197 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,240
Posts18,485,897
Members73,967
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.