-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
I found an old Wave Motion Gun in the back of the safe. Near as he can remember, Dad picked it up around '76 at a garage sale. I thought it'd be cool to use as a walking varminter and for Marxist extermination around the place, but was interested to learn the current value. Anyone have any experience with these?

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

Last edited by High_Noon; 03/20/22.

l told my pap and mam I was going to be a mountain man; acted like they was gut-shot. Make your life go here. Here's where the peoples is. Mother Gue, I says, the Rocky Mountains is the marrow of the world, and by God, I was right.
- Del Gue
GB1

T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
For values I like to call the Cabelas Gun Library and ask them what they would give me for it, then quadruple that.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~

3-7-77
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Thanks Timbermaster, but the idiots at Cabelas didn't have any idea what I was talking about when I mentioned that I had a Wave Motion Gun.

My particular Wave Motion Gun seems to have an issue with the wave compression chambers and the tachyon particle control unit, which is interfering with the super-gravity wave, thus preventing the micro black holes from fully converting into Hawking radiation.

I think it may be a simple misalignment problem from getting knocked around in the safe, so it should be an easy fix. I'll take a closer look this next weekend and hopefully I won't need a neutron ram to effect the repair as mine is currently being used by a pal o' mine.

Last edited by High_Noon; 03/20/22.

l told my pap and mam I was going to be a mountain man; acted like they was gut-shot. Make your life go here. Here's where the peoples is. Mother Gue, I says, the Rocky Mountains is the marrow of the world, and by God, I was right.
- Del Gue
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I got a ram you can borrow if you need one right away.

Old Turd- Deplorable- Unrepentant Murderer- Domestic Violent Extremist

Just "Campfire Riffraff and Trash"

This will be my last post! Flave 1/3/21
J
JHM Offline
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
J
Originally Posted by High_Noon
Thanks Timbermaster, but the idiots at Cabelas didn't have any idea what I was talking about when I mentioned that I had a Wave Motion Gun.

My particular Wave Motion Gun seems to have an issue with the wave compression chambers and the tachyon particle control unit, which is interfering with the super-gravity wave, thus preventing the micro black holes from fully converting into Hawking radiation.

I think it may be a simple misalignment problem from getting knocked around in the safe, so it should be an easy fix. I'll take a closer look this next weekend and hopefully I won't need a neutron ram to effect the repair as mine is currently being used by a pal o' mine.

Have you checked the rectifier rheostat to make sure it’s flux capacitor is aligned with the rotary oscillator? If it’s not that I have nothing.

IC B2

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
tachyon stopped making ammo in the 80's so unless you can convert cases its a wall hanger. There is some collectors value being it was used to save planet earth twice. The Argo had the single barrel, the Andromeda was the double barrel version. The latter brings in more being regulating wave motion guns during manufacture is much like double rifles- test fire, heat, adjust barrels, re-solder, very expensive process.

D
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
D
Originally Posted by High_Noon

I know a guy that can fix it.

[Linked Image from theoldmanclub.com]

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
It's just the doo-hickey rectifier, probably shorted. Easy fix, but replace the 1N4002 diodes with 1N4007s and it won't fail again. It's worth far more in operable condition.

Don't be the darkness.

America will perish while those who should be standing guard are satisfying their lusts.

O
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
O
Missed me by a month! I had one for parts that the guy who bought my primary weapon didn’t take. I finally threw the darn thing in garbage after that pert of my gun room took on an odd glow.
Good news tho I can spot that garbage truck coming from farther out these days. I’m always the last to get that container to the end of the drive.

Osky

A woman's heart is the hardest rock the Almighty has put on this earth and I can find no sign on it.
L
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
L
Wave Motion guns were the 270 of the ray guns.
Or would that be gay gun?

(sorry, someone had to say it grin)

Roy

What this world needs is a few more Rednecks.

The Dildō Of Consequence Rarely Arrives Lubed

Waterboarding isn't illegal if you use diesel

IC B3

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Macross Cannon don't need no cases.........

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

222 members (14idaho, 16penny, 308xray, 2ndwind, 35WhelenNut, 32 invisible), 1,931 guests, and 1,096 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,864
Posts18,478,613
Members73,948
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.