Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
T
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
T
I have a Model 12 in excellent condition. It is a 12 guage, 2 3/4", full choke, field grade. SN 124xxx. Given to my father from his aunt who won it in a raffle. Dad wasn't a hunter, and I don't think it has even had 20 rounds fired through it. Where I live there does not seem to be a lot of interest in shotguns. What would be a fair asking price? Where would be the best place to list it for sale? I have checked Gun Broker and prices seem to be all over the place. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
I am going to post this in the Winchester collectors forum as well. Thanks, Gary

GB1

H
Campfire Member
Online Content
Campfire Member
H
Start with good pictures. Shotgun World has some pretty helpful folks over there also.

T
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
T
Originally Posted by huntjinx
Start with good pictures. Shotgun World has some pretty helpful folks over there also.

Is there any way to add pictures here without starting a new thread?

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
PM sent.

Deadlines and commitments, what to leave in, what to leave out...
T
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
T
PM answered.

IC B2

T
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
T
FYI I messed up on the serial number and there should be another x. Manufacture date is 1950.
I did get pictures into the Image gallery but can't figure out how to add them to this thread. I do have pictures that I could email if anyone is interested.
Thanks, Gary

Last edited by Thunder_child; 03/27/22.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Thunder_child
Originally Posted by huntjinx

Is there any way to add pictures here without starting a new thread?

You need to use a 3rd party picture hosting site, such as imgur.com You upload the picture, then post the link into the thread with a little bit of code before and after it.

[img]http://[/img]

Here are the four pictures you uploaded into the image gallery. I just pasted their weblink between the img code. If you 'quote' me and study my post, you can see what the img code is before and after the weblink.

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
VERY nice M12, regardless of mfg year.
Value, like beauty, is in the eye of the beholder.
Hunters and collectors have different values. Hunters put value in patina and honest wear and tear. Collectors value pristine appearance.
Myself? I just appreciate the M12, regardless of condition. I've rebuilt 2 so far that were ready to be stripped for the parts dealers. Nu-Line custom guns is an excellent source for information and parts.

H
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
H
Post it with a fair and reasonable price, it will sell. Great guns. Might be interested once you price it.

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Originally Posted by martinstrummer
VERY nice M12, regardless of mfg year.
Value, like beauty, is in the eye of the beholder.
Hunters and collectors have different values. Hunters put value in patina and honest wear and tear. Collectors value pristine appearance.
Myself? I just appreciate the M12, regardless of condition. I've rebuilt 2 so far that were ready to be stripped for the parts dealers. Nu-Line custom guns is an excellent source for information and parts.

Far from an accurate statement of reality. Especially when it comes to firearms that are not considered exclusive with regards quality and rarity. The Model 12 being one, Even then there are "hunters" who buy the best of the best and use them. And this example while nice, falls far short of collector quality to a serious Model 12 buyer.

The gun store will have 1K on the tag, however they will offer $3-4 hundred max. Knowing it most likely will be a hard sell. Model 12's are currently not even a warm market item. 12 Gauges even less.

You obviously may be surprised of the number of serious Bird hunters who are using serious shotguns on a daily basis. Parkers, Fox, LC Smiths, some of the better old English and European shotguns. And they are far from patina beaters.

Last edited by battue; 04/22/22.

laissez les bons temps rouler
IC B3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

464 members (160user, 06hunter59, 10gaugemag, 10ring1, 163bc, 10Glocks, 40 invisible), 2,284 guests, and 1,036 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,660
Posts18,512,860
Members74,010
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.