-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Campfire Regular
OP Online Content
Campfire Regular
Has anyone tried out a PSA 2 Stage Nickel Boron Trigger ?
Not a bad price, if it's a decent trigger.

https://palmettostatearmory.com/psa-2-stage-nickel-boron-trigger-assembly1.html

GB1

R
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
R
I have not but I saw that. If I hadn't bought la rue at 80 each I'd have tried PSA>. Maybe this fall.

Honestly I wonder if patents have not expired. La Rue is nothing new RRA was not. Etc... I'd bet PSA be just fine or need a tiny bit of tweaking like any La Rue or RRA et...

We can keep Larry Root and all his idiotic blabber and user names on here, but we can't get Ralph back..... Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over....
B
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
B
Originally Posted by rost495
I have not but I saw that. If I hadn't bought la rue at 80 each I'd have tried PSA>. Maybe this fall.

Honestly I wonder if patents have not expired. La Rue is nothing new RRA was not. Etc... I'd bet PSA be just fine or need a tiny bit of tweaking like any La Rue or RRA et...

I'm wondering if its more like the BCM PNT trigger instead of the MBT2S or RRA. The BCM is also less money than any of the ones mentioned, at $65.. With that being said, My pick would be the RRA varmint match 3.5 pound trigger at $79.95. The Larue MBT2S is now $100

Originally Posted by raybass
I try to stick with the basics, they do so well. Nothing fancy mind you, just plain jane will get it done with style.
Originally Posted by Pharmseller
You want to see an animal drop right now? Shoot him in the ear hole.

BSA MAGA
R
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
R
wish I had found VM RRA at 80 when I paid 80 for La Rue a month or so ago.

Why La Rue doesn't make theirs to 3.5 pounds is beyond me. But then again I"ve often wondered about some of the stuff they have done over the years.

You may be right, they may not be a copy of the old armalite or I even forget if there was someone before armalite. The milazzo but I think the armalite was a bit different. Not sure though

We can keep Larry Root and all his idiotic blabber and user names on here, but we can't get Ralph back..... Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over....
B
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
B

Why La Rue doesn't make theirs to 3.5 pounds is beyond me. But then again I"ve often wondered about some of the stuff they have done over the years.

You may be right, they may not be a copy of the old armalite or I even forget if there was someone before armalite. The milazzo but I think the armalite was a bit different. Not sure though

It looks similar to the Armalite NM I had and sold. It was a 4.5# trigger, but I preferred the RRA 3.5 varmint match personally. A good place to find the RRA for $79.95 is Right to Bear Arms. I've ordered a lot of stuff from them. They are good to do business with..

Originally Posted by raybass
I try to stick with the basics, they do so well. Nothing fancy mind you, just plain jane will get it done with style.
Originally Posted by Pharmseller
You want to see an animal drop right now? Shoot him in the ear hole.

BSA MAGA
IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I bought 3 build kits earlier this month for myself and two others, and all had that two-stage trigger. Pricing was maybe $20-30 more than the kits with their EPT trigger, so I gave it a shot. They aren't quite on par with a RRA Varmint, as they are a touch heavier and not as crisp, but they really aren't bad, especially in a package that lets you substitute it for only a few bucks more. They are supposedly made by Schmid. They had a Daily Deals price a couple weeks ago at $59 each.

Now with even more aplomb
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

The LaRue barely makes, and often doesn't make, 4.5 lbs with the heavy spring. The light spring is probably about 3lbs.

Politics is War by Other Means
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Those are made by Schmidt. They're the same coated 2 stage triggers sold by SOLGW, Sionics, and a few others. They're not as good as the Larue 2 stage. If you've used one of the polished and coated "mil-spec" triggers, just imagine that in a two stage.

Originally Posted by SBTCO
your flippant remarks which you so adeptly sling
R
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
R
Originally Posted by Tyrone

The LaRue barely makes, and often doesn't make, 4.5 lbs with the heavy spring. The light spring is probably about 3lbs.

Not at all close to 3 every bit of 4.5 plus in the three we just picked up. Heavier spring would be worse.

Actually had to bend the springs a bit to get em a hair lighter, the cheap fast. lazy way. Prefer the weight to be lighter on the 2nd stage.

R
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
R
Originally Posted by Bluedreaux
Those are made by Schmidt. They're the same coated 2 stage triggers sold by SOLGW, Sionics, and a few others. They're not as good as the Larue 2 stage. If you've used one of the polished and coated "mil-spec" triggers, just imagine that in a two stage.

Good to know. Have you pulled one apart and played with it like we used to tune the RRA. Still not worth it? Curious.

IC B3

R
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
R
if I ever see em at 59 I'll get one just to play with. if its half as good as a RRA then it should easily be a tunable thing IF anyone wants to play with em.

I do appreciate ones ready to go out of the box that are good enough though

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I had to bend the heavy springs on my 2 LaRue's to get them up to 4.5lb on a CMP trigger scale.

R
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
R
thats wild. I'd think the control between springs to be closer. Granted I don't have a set of weights anymore that I can locate. lol and use a spring gauge but they dont' feel as light as our CMP lowers still in the safe.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
They need to be checked, that's for sure.

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

549 members (1lessdog, 10gaugemag, 007FJ, 17CalFan, 12344mag, 16penny, 64 invisible), 2,464 guests, and 1,314 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,444
Posts18,470,916
Members73,931
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.