Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
H
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
H
[/quote] Ditto mine shoots very well also, the factory irons are superb. The other Mark x is a real special rifle to me 1 of 5000 or so made in Salt Lake city by Emdeko . A mark X action with a 5 groove PO Ackley barrel in 270 win. 24 " and is quite a shooter. PO Ackley did the barreling for Emdeko.
...mb[/quote]

Mine is an Emdeko in 30-06, that one of dad's buddies gave him as a gift back in 72 or 73.
The front of the stock warped on it after a very wet Co elk hunt in 82 and I replaced it w a B&C Carbelite.
Killed one elk and a whole bunch of whitetails with it over the years.

Your mind is your primary weapon. Never let it get rusty.

Endowment Member NRA
GB1

J
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
J
Here are a few more pics. Looks like the recoil lug has definitely been bedded, and not sure if its a standard or aftermarket trigger. Regardless, appears to be adjustable. I also believe you guys are correct, looks like it was rebarreled. On the underside of the barrel, it is stamped "Federal Firearms Oakdale PA"...with a *BT* just forward the action. On the top of the barrel, just forward the front of the scope base, is a stamped pic of a horse. Looks like there is a Federal Firearms listed in Oakdale, may give them a call later to day.

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

J
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
J
I spoke with Federal Firearms out of PA, and it was built by Bruce Taucher....hence the "BT". He's long since retired, so there isn't anything they could really tell me, but it is really neat to find out its a somewhat custom rifle.

S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
Originally Posted by Jason280
I spoke with Federal Firearms out of PA, and it was built by Bruce Taucher....hence the "BT". He's long since retired, so there isn't anything they could really tell me, but it is really neat to find out its a somewhat custom rifle.

You have done well Grasshoppa! Nice looking rifle. Hope it shoots as well, probably will.

“When Tyranny becomes Law, Rebellion becomes Duty”

Colossians 3:17 (New King James Version)
"And whatever you do in word or deed, do all in the name of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks to God the Father through Him."
J
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
J
I have a feeling it should shoot well, can't wait to get a few loads worked up!

IC B2

S
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
S
Az,

Out of curiosity, is your 7mm RM a factory barreled action, and if so, did you purchase it new?

The reason I ask is that in March 1984 I sold mine to a shop on east 29th street (I don't remember the name of the shop). I special ordered that rifle from Jensen's Custom Ammo, on east Pima, in time for 1977's deer season, and it shot their handloads very accurately. The thing had beautiful wood, and it weighed a ton -- I like your installing the McMillan stock as a solution to the weight (whether it's the one I sold or not)! It's one I wished I hadn't sold, because it shot so accurately, but I needed the money to buy a guitar. In January of 1981 two friends and I purchased Ruger 77s from J&G, in Prescott, mine in 280 Rem/7mm Express Remington, and I never took the heavy Mark X hunting again. That Mark X was a nice rifle.

Regards,

Tony

Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

536 members (222Sako, 2500HD, 257 roberts, 12344mag, 22250rem, 160user, 61 invisible), 2,281 guests, and 1,250 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,495
Posts18,509,124
Members74,002
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.