Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
O
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
O
This is for readers. But, brilliant and TIMELY.

https://www.solzhenitsyncenter.org/live-not-by-lies

https://postimg.cc/xXjW1cqx/81efa4c5

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

Soli Deo Gloria

democrats ARE the plague.

GB1

O
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
O
TTT

Soli Deo Gloria

T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
Thanks for posting that. I read Gulag a couple of years ago; won't be doing that again anytime soon! But in smaller doses, Solzhenitsyn should be read and re-read frequently.

The biggest problem our country has is not systemic racism, it's systemic stupidity.
E
efw Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
E
Ha great citation here! I actually linked this essay in the “Do you like liars?” thread in last week or so.

Great minds!

The bottom line that Solzhenitsyn demonstrates and that I keep reminding my kids is that ONE MAN speaking truth in a culture of lies can catalyze positive change.

Thanks for tossing this up!

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
Excellent and timely. Thanks for sharing. Don't contribute to, support, or in anyway help propagate the lies of the Left/NWO mongers. Amen,

Last edited by bludog; 03/24/22.

"Blessed is the man whose wife is his best friend - especially if she likes to HUNT!"

"Love the Lord your God with all your heart, soul, mind and strength, and love your neighbor as yourself. There is no commandment greater than these."
IC B2

C
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
C
To lie to an honest man is tantamount to abandoning your own soul.

To lie to a liar (or .GOV) is no sin whatsoever.

If you are not actively engaging EVERY enemy you encounter... you are allowing another to fight for you... and that is cowardice... plain and simple.

T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
Originally Posted by CashisKing

Not necessarily. Government: "Do you agree that Lia Thomas is a woman?" You (lying to .GOV to avoid arrest): "Yes." You have just abandoned your soul. This is precisely what Solzhenitsyn was against.

The biggest problem our country has is not systemic racism, it's systemic stupidity.
E
efw Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
E
Originally Posted by There_Ya_Go
Originally Posted by CashisKing

Not necessarily. Government: "Do you agree that Lia Thomas is a woman?" You (lying to .GOV to avoid arrest): "Yes." You have just abandoned your soul. This is precisely what Solzhenitsyn was against.

EXACTLY

To participate in the lie is to participate with n the destruction of all that is good in the world, and to make yourself responsible for the hell that is coming.

R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R
Thanks for posting that oldtrapper.

"I was born in the log cabin I helped my grandfather build"
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I read several things by Solzenitzen way back including the Gulag Archipelago and I found his writing tedious and difficult to follow at times, but the information he was able to put into words made it hard to put down...

However, in later years after he emigrated to the US after basically being considered persona non grata in the USSR, he wrote a bit about how poorly the US was run and continued to criticize just about everything about the US for many years after moving here... I was never quite sure where he stood except I had heard that some of his rantings were due to his advanced age at the time and the fact he felt he was treated poorly by the US during his emigration process and subsequent resettling... But then, wondering how the mind of a guy like Solhenitzen works is sometimes intriguing at any time... he had brass balls , I'll give him that...

Bob

Never underestimate your ability to overestimate your ability.
IC B3

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I read several things by Solzenitzen way back including the Gulag Archipelago and I found his writing tedious and difficult to follow at times, but the information he was able to put into words made it hard to put down...

However, in later years after he emigrated to the US after basically being considered persona non grata in the USSR, he wrote a bit about how poorly the US was run and continued to criticize just about everything about the US for many years after moving here... I was never quite sure where he stood except I had heard that some of his rantings were due to his advanced age at the time and the fact he felt he was treated poorly by the US during his emigration process and subsequent resettling... But then, wondering how the mind of a guy like Solhenitzen works is sometimes intriguing at any time... he had brass balls , I'll give him that...

Bob

R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R
And unknown to the common citizen was how infested our .gov was with communists, marxists and one world government types even in the 70’s.
Maybe he saw that.

"I was born in the log cabin I helped my grandfather build"
G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Give "A Day in the Life of Ivan Denisovich" a read sometime. Powerful short book that portrays life in a Soviet gulag. Much more readable (dare I say "entertaining") than "Gulag Archipelago". Probably a pretty accurate portrayal of "Vlad the Impaler" Putin's current prisons east of the Urals.

"You can lead a man to logic, but you cannot make him think." Joe Harz
"Always certain, often right." Keith McCafferty
H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H
Originally Posted by efw
Ha great citation here! I actually linked this essay in the “Do you like liars?” thread in last week or so.

Great minds!

The bottom line that Solzhenitsyn demonstrates and that I keep reminding my kids is that ONE MAN speaking truth in a culture of lies can catalyze positive change.

What changed in Russia with a KGB dictator at the helm?

A pretty thought, though.

O
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
O
Originally Posted by gnoahhh
Give "A Day in the Life of Ivan Denisovich" a read sometime. Powerful short book that portrays life in a Soviet gulag. Much more readable (dare I say "entertaining") than "Gulag Archipelago". Probably a pretty accurate portrayal of "Vlad the Impaler" Putin's current prisons east of the Urals.

I have to second this book recommendation. It's an eye opener in a small package.

Soli Deo Gloria

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Day in the Life by Aleks made the Soviet threat real to me. You notice how gun people are so often framed as nuts? Dialectic, comrades.

Up hills slow,
Down hills fast
Tonnage first and
Safety last.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

I read that right after the Gulag Archipelago and it was an eye opener for sure. There is also a book called "American in the Gulag" that is interesting to read and gave a slightly different slant on life in a gulag.... there were a couple others Solzhenitzen wrote that I read way back and I can't remember the titles at the moment...

P
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
P

The movie (the one with Tom Courtney) is equally grim.

E
efw Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
E
Originally Posted by Houston_2
Originally Posted by efw

Great minds!

What changed in Russia with a KGB dictator at the helm?

A pretty thought, though.

Am I to understand that you see no difference between the situation today with Eastern Europe free (several of those nations could teach us a thing or two about statehood if we could drop the pretense of superiority long enough to listen) and Russia lead by oligarchs and barely able to threaten its neighbors vs what we had in the Cold War?

I know you’re obtuse but I’ll give you the benefit of the doubt and believe you recognize a difference but are confused by the current situation and unable to see beyond it.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by oldtrapper

I have to second this book recommendation. It's an eye opener in a small package.

Same here. +p.

Slaves get what they need. Free men get what they want.

Rehabilitation is way overrated.

Orwell wasn't wrong.

GOA member
disappointed NRA member

24HCF SEARCH

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

413 members (1Longbow, 10gaugemag, 007FJ, 160user, 17CalFan, 163bc, 41 invisible), 2,258 guests, and 1,213 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,627
Posts18,474,185
Members73,941
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.