Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
Originally Posted by roverboy
Originally Posted by CharlieFoxtrot
I'm not a fan of lawlessness, but that chase is poor judgement on the trooper's part. No reason to endanger lives with a 4000 pound bullet for a speeding ticket. Driving through that first town at 100+ is reckless. Call ahead. Let your radio do the heavy work.

I agree the officer shouldn't have chased at such high speed. Should've relied on radio to call cops up ahead. He probably thought it would make him look superior to others.

LOL in your country or mine, theres so many backroads, they wouldn't have a chance without a tag number. Im in J co but I can see Clay from my back porch.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by Huntaholic
Originally Posted by roverboy
Originally Posted by CharlieFoxtrot
I'm not a fan of lawlessness, but that chase is poor judgement on the trooper's part. No reason to endanger lives with a 4000 pound bullet for a speeding ticket. Driving through that first town at 100+ is reckless. Call ahead. Let your radio do the heavy work.

I agree the officer shouldn't have chased at such high speed. Should've relied on radio to call cops up ahead. He probably thought it would make him look superior to others.

LOL in your country or mine, theres so many backroads, they wouldn't have a chance without a tag number. Im in J co but I can see Clay from my back porch.

We got a lot of back roads too. That's what I'd have done, is hit the back roads.

Why do I have to press 1, for English?
G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
My SIL is a LEO, his department forbids its officers to become involved in chases. Talked to two PA State Troopers who told me that they never chase motorcycles because they're seldom able to catch them.

R
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
R
Both we're stupid but the cop was the one that pushed those speeds through town. Biker dude "probably" wouldn't have sustained that kind of speed in town if not being pursued.

Scary part is, that bike t-boning a car would probably damn near cut it in half going that fast. Cop should have backed off.

The deer hunter does not notice the mountains

"I fear all we have done is to awaken a sleeping giant and fill him with a terrible resolve" - Isoroku Yamamoto

There sure are a lot of America haters that want to live here...

S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
Evading is a felony here, I hope it was worth it!

IC B2

B
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
B
I honestly can not believe you guys are blaming the cop for what this idiot was doing. Maybe they need to take motorcycles off of the road completely and then they wouldn’t have idiots driving like this. If the guy was a law abiding citizen there would have never been a chase! Yes the cop should have radioed ahead but when your caught up and adrenaline is pumping anything can happen. That is why I am not a cop and I’m pretty sure most of you talking smack aren’t either.

Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by Bobmar
The need for immediate apprehension must outweigh the risk created by the pursuit, to the public and those involved. It clearly didn’t. That’s my agency’s policy. We don’t chase organ donors. I wonder what the Troopers policy states? Going through town at those speeds is unacceptable.

That's pretty much where I am with it. I'd have called it off before going through the town.

I had a motorcycle at 117 in a 45mph zone, after dark one night on radar. I got after him. He pulled over. No chase involved. He had a 16 year old girl on the bike behind him.

Took the college guy to jail, but had the girl call her daddy to come pick her up so I could explain things to him... She sure wasn't wanting her daddy to show up. wink

I'd not needlessly endanger people in town with a simple speeding pursuit. No way.

But those fuggers that run from the police figure out you won't chase them, and it leads to many more trying it. Catch 22.

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
Originally Posted by Sako76
Evading is a felony here, I hope it was worth it!

Evading is pretty much a felony everywhere I think. The bright side of that is after the 1st one the rest are free!

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
Originally Posted by Buck720
I honestly can not believe you guys are blaming the cop for what this idiot was doing. Maybe they need to take motorcycles off of the road completely and then they wouldn’t have idiots driving like this. If the guy was a law abiding citizen there would have never been a chase! Yes the cop should have radioed ahead but when your caught up and adrenaline is pumping anything can happen. That is why I am not a cop and I’m pretty sure most of you talking smack aren’t either.

That's a GREAT IDEA! While we are at it, lets outlaw guns, knives, pitchforks, hell even rocks can be used as a deadly weapon so lets outlaw them too. After all its for the children!

A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Originally Posted by Huntaholic
With that much of a headstart I feel pretty confident I could have lost him in any one of the last 3 cars Ive owned. 2000 Camaro SS, 2006 GTO and a 2014 Camaro SS. CHANGE DIRECTIONS, HOOK BACK, ACT INNOCENT!
Light me up on the interstate, Im pulling over, you got me officer. Light me up on a road like that and I may or may not, make it easy on you.
I swear one of these days when they pull me over and ask what they always ask:" do you know why I pulled you over?" Im gonna say "because I let you". Yeah, Im getting a ticket, but Im probably getting one anyway, so why not have some fun with it?

grin
Last time I got pulled over I crested a hill on the highway doing 85 in a 60mph zone free. Spotted the cop hiding under an overpass a mile up the road leaning on his car with a radar in hand. He was getting into his car as I blew by him. There's a big sweeping curve just past the overpass, I kept watching for him in the rear view mirror. As soon as I see him in the curve I pulled off the highway onto the shoulder and waited for him. As he's walking up to my window he asks how's my day going? I tell him it was going great up until a few minutes ago. He laughs, we have a little conversation and I drive off with just a warning.
In my younger days while running my bike hard on the highway I'd get that spider sense, pull off onto an exit, find a good spot and watch my backtrail for a few minutes. Once the cruiser went past I'd take a different route for a short time, get back onto the highway and ride again.
The cop in the story above should spend the rest of his career as a school resources officer...

IC B3

J
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
J
Originally Posted by centershot
Son is a Patrol Deputy (FTO at time of incident) and had a similar occurrence. State patrol called in a bike doing 100+ and he was in pursuit. Son and partner were a few miles up the road so they pulled off and were waiting. I need to add that this was in the dark - So this guy goes dark, shuts the lights off and is hauling ass up the highway. Son said they clocked him at 172mph - in the dark with the lights off! He said they couldn't see him coming but the radar gun was screaming. There was no way they were going to catch up so they didn't even flip on the lights.........not a very long life expectancy.

BS meter going off on this one. There is no light switch on a modern Bike. They are on with the engine.

Originally Posted by ol_mike
Originally Posted by Mr_TooDogs
Originally Posted by ol_mike
Originally Posted by White_Bear
That bike in stock trim has 40mph on the cruiser. Much more with the limiter deleted.
Stupid on both sides but the speeds were increased because the cop decided to have a little fun too.
I've been up to 186mph on a bike. That's what the limiter held it to. Stuff happens fast at that speed.

What does the bike do when it hits the limiter?

Ignition is limited, retards timing, misfires.

Must be something new, or the bike was geared down or a power adder, turbo/supcharger/nitrous, never seen a bike that would hit the rev-limiter in high gear.

When the HP wars were really heating up a couple decades ago the manufactures agreed to a 300 kph limit so the safety regulators wouldn't step in. The Hayabusa was one of the first to reach that speed if I recall correctly.

Jerry

Minnesota; Land of 10,000 Taxes
V
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
V
Cop was pissed because his car would only go 150.

J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J
We had a high speed chase like that at night on a very hilly and curvy blacktop road. The guy on the bike said he never knew he was being chased after it all panned out. The trooper lost his life in the chase. He didn't make a curve and that was the end of him. The biker claimed to not have seen him crash, he turned himself in after hearing about it on the news. He was convicted on manslaughter charges and is serving time.

R
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
R

You just stated what many are thinking. "Anything can happen"

What if a child and her expecting mother were crossing one of those intersections after the motorcycle goes by and the trooper smokes them at 120 mph?

"ItS oK i WaS cAuGhT uP aNd My AdReNaLiNe WaS pUmPiNg"

The deer hunter does not notice the mountains

"I fear all we have done is to awaken a sleeping giant and fill him with a terrible resolve" - Isoroku Yamamoto

There sure are a lot of America haters that want to live here...

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by AcesNeights
Totally irresponsible pursuit for LEO. Both should be thrown in jail for being dipshits. If the motorcycle rider was suspected of a serious violent crime this would still be an irresponsible pursuit but for a justifiable reason.

Spot on.

Paul

"I'd rather see a sermon than hear a sermon".... D.A.D.

Trump Won!, Sandmann Won!, Rittenhouse Won!, Suck it Liberal Fuuktards.

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla

R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
what i think is that a cop passing cars at 150 mph for a speeding violation endangered everyone involved. he should have broke off pursuit.

My diploma is a DD214
R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
It looked like the cop slowed to about 55mph through the more populated area (around McDonald's). Still, there was so much that could have gone wrong. Both were lucky nothing did.

Fall seven times, stand up eight.
RDW Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Jerryv
Originally Posted by centershot
Son is a Patrol Deputy (FTO at time of incident) and had a similar occurrence. State patrol called in a bike doing 100+ and he was in pursuit. Son and partner were a few miles up the road so they pulled off and were waiting. I need to add that this was in the dark - So this guy goes dark, shuts the lights off and is hauling ass up the highway. Son said they clocked him at 172mph - in the dark with the lights off! He said they couldn't see him coming but the radar gun was screaming. There was no way they were going to catch up so they didn't even flip on the lights.........not a very long life expectancy.

BS meter going off on this one. There is no light switch on a modern Bike. They are on with the engine.

Pretty easy to jump a fuse with a toggle switch, just two fuses on my R1 kill the headlights, taillights, brake lights, turn signals and license plate light.

Dave

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular

No, I'm not a cop, and no way in hell, I would be. It takes a special kind of person to do that. I wouldn't do it for what they pay, and I wouldn't put up with all the schitt.

Why do I have to press 1, for English?
J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
Originally Posted by DMc
Ditto on the foolish chase. In the beginning it shows the perp on the ground handcuffed. Cop inches away from his face screaming.

If you think that was screaming, you are a sensitive puzzy.

Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

533 members (1beaver_shooter, 1234, 1lesfox, 17CalFan, 007FJ, 01Foreman400, 55 invisible), 2,366 guests, and 1,265 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,381
Posts18,488,572
Members73,970
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.