Print Thread
Hop To
Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4
V
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
V
Originally Posted by RS308MX
It looked like the cop slowed to about 55mph through the more populated area (around McDonald's). Still, there was so much that could have gone wrong. Both were lucky nothing did.

You didn't watch the whole video he was going 120 in town where the speed limit was 45mph.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I'd like to hear the justification for that 130mph pass with 2 wide. If the car in the the fast lane slowed up to move behind the truck there's mega potential for a lot of hurt people.

If we're chasing a pedo....I can buy it, just clocked a random.....pure reckless.

Originally Posted by BrentD

I would not buy something that runs on any kind of primer given the possibility of primer shortages and even regulations. In fact, why not buy a flintlock? Really. Rocks aren't going away anytime soon.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
A lot of firefighters and police officers are adrenaline junkies .

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by Rooster7
Originally Posted by Buck720
I honestly can not believe you guys are blaming the cop for what this idiot was doing. Maybe they need to take motorcycles off of the road completely and then they wouldn’t have idiots driving like this. If the guy was a law abiding citizen there would have never been a chase! Yes the cop should have radioed ahead but when your caught up and adrenaline is pumping anything can happen. That is why I am not a cop and I’m pretty sure most of you talking smack aren’t either.

You just stated what many are thinking. "Anything can happen"

What if a child and her expecting mother were crossing one of those intersections after the motorcycle goes by and the trooper smokes them at 120 mph?

"ItS oK i WaS cAuGhT uP aNd My AdReNaLiNe WaS pUmPiNg"

He's a dumb ass.

God bless Texas-----------------------
Old 300
I will remain what i am until the day I die- A HUNTER......Sitting Bull
Its not how you pick the booger..
but where you put it !!
Roger V Hunter
F
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
F
Cop ain't goin 150 mph.

Unless alla the cars he's passin are doin 100.

Closure's too slow.

No side draft from passed cars/trucks, lane change for the moron that didn't move over was too easy.

IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Rooster7
Both we're stupid but the cop was the one that pushed those speeds through town. Biker dude "probably" wouldn't have sustained that kind of speed in town if not being pursued.

Scary part is, that bike t-boning a car would probably damn near cut it in half going that fast. Cop should have backed off.

It would.
We had an old man killed here. T-boned by a sport bike.
Biker dead too. Car demolished.

An Irish friend told me of a bike wreck he saw in Germany.
A BMW rider T-boned a farm tractor. Snapped the tractor in two
where you split it. 600 # at 150mph is no joke.

Parents who say they have good kids..Usually don't!
J
Campfire Oracle
Online Content
Campfire Oracle
J
Was taking my son and a friend of his down to the deer lease south of Sheffield once from Odessa one Saturday morning while driving my 93 Corvette down I - 10. Figured no cops were around that time of day so I was cruising about 110. Crap. Met a county mount who turned and came after us so I pulled over. Figured I was screwed. He was out of Sheffield and asked what I was doing. Told him I was blowing the soot out and no traffic. We got talking and his dad was a dr in Odessa and he let me go. PTL.

Last edited by jaguartx; 03/23/22.

Ecc 10:2
The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but that of a fool to the left.

A Nation which leaves God behind is soon left behind.

"The Lord never asked anyone to be a tax collector, lowyer, or Redskins fan".

I Dindo Nuffin
Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

516 members (222Sako, 10Glocks, 219 Wasp, 21, 1minute, 1OntarioJim, 48 invisible), 2,378 guests, and 1,198 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,432
Posts18,489,294
Members73,970
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.