Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Hudge Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
Ok, so I know HS Produckt in Croatia manufactures quite a few different gun for Springfield, but I heard a whopper of a story Monday. I was in Bass Pro in Anchorage looking at different guns and a gentleman walked up asking the guy at the gun counter about buying a new Springfield XD-M pistol. They guy asked him why Springfield and the guy said he was a former police officer and his service pistol was a Springfield XD-M, and he wanted a new one for personal use. The gun counter guy then told the gentleman that the manufacturing plant that makes the guns for Springfield was taken over by the Croatian government and only military weapons are now manufactured there. He also proceeded to tell the guy that due to this there is no way BPS can order the gun he wants or any other store for that matter. I just bit my tongue, but I’d say this is the biggest load of BS I’ve heard at a gun counter in quite some time.

GB1

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
And how do you know it’s a crock? Yes the XDM is made in Croatia, HS is a military/police weapons manufacturer and supplier. So how exactly do you know that the Croatian Government didn’t take it over? I want to see the proof that it BS.

Swifty
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Well, they have been discontinued by SA.
XD-M discontinued.

Let's Go Brandon! FJB
Hudge Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
Well, considering other places are getting in Hellions, Hellcats, and other pistols made in the same facility on a regular basis, I’d say it is. Also, as many products as Springfield has made in this same plant, I’m pretty sure they would make an announcement and there is nothing.

Hudge Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by NVhntr
Well, they have been discontinued by SA.
XD-M discontinued.

It it looks like the XDM Elite line replaced it though.

IC B2

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
They make 30k pistols a month with 90% being exported to the US.

Croatian government isn't one to just take over that company - times of war, not withstanding. War's been over for Hrvatska for a while now.

Me

A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
They’ve been made in Croatia long before Springfield bought them. Prior to Springfield buying the rights to the XD series the HS2000 was the model designation of the pistol and I sold a bunch for $250. Springfield bought the HS2000 and overnight the price went up $100. They’re great pistols and I had a stainless .45 for a long time before going back to the Glock platform. I can’t speak to any recent developments in Croatia but I do know that 90% of what I hear around most BPS and similar gun counters is bullshit. 😂

�Politicians are the lowest form of life on earth. Liberal Democrats are the lowest form of politician.� �General George S. Patton, Jr.

---------------------------------------------------------
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
It's not like they "make them for Springfield".

As if Springfield is some superior outfit that designed an item and has
some manufacturer build it.

As Aces stated, the pistol exited before it was affiliated with Springfield.
Springfield simply saw a decent gun being marketed poorly.

It was from a nobody manufacturer in a weird little country no one
heard of. And being priced so low, the assumption was it was junk.

Put an American name on it make it expensive,
Suddenly it's the Cats Pajamas.

Parents who say they have good kids..Usually don't!
R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
Originally Posted by Hudge
Ok, so I know HS Produckt in Croatia manufactures quite a few different gun for Springfield, but I heard a whopper of a story Monday. I was in Bass Pro in Anchorage looking at different guns and a gentleman walked up asking the guy at the gun counter about buying a new Springfield XD-M pistol. They guy asked him why Springfield and the guy said he was a former police officer and his service pistol was a Springfield XD-M, and he wanted a new one for personal use. The gun counter guy then told the gentleman that the manufacturing plant that makes the guns for Springfield was taken over by the Croatian government and only military weapons are now manufactured there. He also proceeded to tell the guy that due to this there is no way BPS can order the gun he wants or any other store for that matter. I just bit my tongue, but I’d say this is the biggest load of BS I’ve heard at a gun counter in quite some time.

That's what you get when the gun counter guys make minimum wage and/or are still wearing their high school jerseys to the mall.

Hudge Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by reivertom
Originally Posted by Hudge

That's what you get when the gun counter guys make minimum wage and/or are still wearing their high school jerseys to the mall.

If the gentleman that said this at the gun counter is wearing his old high school jersey, that’s an old ass jersey. He’s probably supplementing his Social Security to be honest with you.

IC B3

W
WAM Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
W
My son used to work at the gun counter at Sportsman’s Warehouse, so I used to visit there often. Lots of manure was spread/sprayed both directions across the counter. Most bullshit density and volume came from the customer side! LOL!

Life Member NRA, RMEF, American Legion, MAGA. Not necessarily in that order.
H
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
H
Pretty good article about that factory in, I think, the April Guns and Ammo magazine. A writer tours the plant with a Springfield rep and covers the new bullpup rifle they are now importing. Talks a lot about the Springfield/HS Prospekt relationship.

Hudge Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by WAM
My son used to work at the gun counter at Sportsman’s Warehouse, so I used to visit there often. Lots of manure was spread/sprayed both directions across the counter. Most bullshit density and volume came from the customer side! LOL!

I think that is about in any retail sales, but guns/ammo is a lot thicker!

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

569 members (1lessdog, 1Longbow, 1936M71, 1800topsoil, 007FJ, 160user, 64 invisible), 2,550 guests, and 1,307 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,692
Posts18,494,109
Members73,977
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.