Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
T
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
T
I realize the Benelli is an inertia gun and the Winchester is a gas gun ; anyone have experience with both ? Comments ?

GB1

T
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
T
I reckon what I'm asking are the plus's and minus's of either. Thanks

H
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
H
Have or have had both
M2 is a good gun, kind of different to operate but works fine.
recoil is pretty stiff.

SX-4 is a good gun, have 2, operate well, shoot well, no negatives.
does have softer recoil than the M2

V
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
V
I like an inertia gun better, I cant imagine any 20ga recoiling enough to matter, i have a 5lb single shot 20ga that my 80 pound 12 year old niece loves to shoot and hunt squirrels with ....Good luck....Hb

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by hillbill
Have or have had both
recoil is pretty stiff.

How is the M2 kind of different to operate? Stuff it full of shells and pull the trigger, it goes bang, bang, bang.

Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats.
IC B2

E
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
E
I have both in 20 ga , the sx4 fits me better.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I would also consider the Franchi Affinity 3 as well. Made in the same factory as Benelli, same Inertia action. Recoil spring is under the forend instead of in the buttstock which makes for a nice feeling swing and easier maintenance.

-Matt

"The proof of the whisky is in the drinking, the proof of the rifle is in the shooting."
H
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
H
Originally Posted by MOGC
Have or have had both
recoil is pretty stiff.

How is the M2 kind of different to operate? Stuff it full of shells and pull the trigger, it goes bang, bang, bang.

Those that own them know what I'm talking about, I owned one for about 15 years. great guns, just make sure the bolt stays clear of debris or it will not fully rotate.
If I were buying today I would prefer the Franchi but I will shoot my SX-1s & SX-4s and my old beater 870 super mag for turkey until I buy one.

Last edited by hillbill; 03/30/22.
P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
I have had a SX3 and have Benelli's now. Can't say one is better than the other as both shoot good. I guess if everything were equal, I would go with the SX over the Benelli as I find it softer shooting for long periods of clays.
If I were just going to pheasant hunt with one, pick the one that fits you best.

I may not be smart but I can lift heavy objects

I have a shotgun so I have no need for a 30-06.....
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by MOGC
Have or have had both
recoil is pretty stiff.

Those that own them know what I'm talking about, I owned one for about 15 years. great guns, just make sure the bolt stays clear of debris or it will not fully rotate.
If I were buying today I would prefer the Franchi but I will shoot my SX-1s & SX-4s and my old beater 870 super mag for turkey until I buy one.

I guess that is possible. I have been using a pair of M1's for 25+ years in a range of hunting conditions from freezing rain, snow and ice to gritty sand and dirt and have never had anything of the sort happen. I stuff them full of shells and when the time comes to pull the trigger they always go bang. Lucky me!

Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats.
IC B3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

96 members (1_deuce, 10gaugemag, 300_savage, 2ndwind, 6MMWASP, 16 invisible), 1,556 guests, and 933 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,242
Posts18,485,919
Members73,967
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.