Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by ingwe
[quote=blindshooter]Cause no matter what they tell you, you have absolutely no input on raising the stepchildren.

I did, but he was little when showed up, and the biological father wanted no part of it. This was thirty years ago, his own daughter shoots that Mod 24C now.

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

Diff’rent situation with a stepchild though, we have always been on a first name basis since I got there.

Not long ago we were at his grandmother’s house and he left. There was a cell phone left there so I called his number to see if it was his. On his phone my number came up as “Dad”.

That’ll do I reckon.

"...if the gentlemen of Virginia shall send us a dozen of their sons, we would take great care in their education, instruct them in all we know, and make men of them." Canasatego 1744

A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
No ex wives because I’m still married to my first potential ex wife 😁…..I ain’t got any plans to swap out perfection. She just brought me my first giant Yeti coffee of the morning while I wait for her to get ready for church. If anything happened to my first potential ex wife I’d not have a second. I know that I wouldn’t find anyone close to the quality of #1…..once you’ve driven a Ferrari a Volkswagen just won’t cut it. 😉

�Politicians are the lowest form of life on earth. Liberal Democrats are the lowest form of politician.� �General George S. Patton, Jr.

---------------------------------------------------------
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
H
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
H
When I took #3 to meet mom for Christmas. She invited 1&2 so I went to the bar. They all thought it was funny. Until I came back and ask for a foursome. That wasn't good on my part!😎

P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
Guess my ex should be gone soon as she's in worse health than me and I probably have one foot in the grave and the other on a banana peel.
The marriage probably would have lasted except a certain member of my family went out of her way to do everything possible to ruin it for use. What made it worse was her mother felt the same way about me. Can you say DOOMED?
We after the divorce I had "reasonable" visitation rights to see my son and daughter. According to the ex that meant no rights at all. I finally got pissed and told her I don't see the kids, you don't get your money. Her lawyer calls me up and tells me he'll put me in jail. I tell him that if I'm not allowed to see my kids I'm not paying. GFY! He said he would make sure I'd go to jail and I said fine, I get fed, a roof over my head rent free and a bed to sleep in and hung up. Never heard another word nor did I see my kids until they showed up 20 years later at my dad's funeral which was a surprise for me. I do see them once in a while but distance makes it difficult.
The ex? She's living in an assisted living facility all by her lonesome. She remarried and he died. probably wanted to I imagine. Got into trouble with the IRS too as I since learned. Karma can be a bittch!
I remarried about a year later to a wonderful woman and we had 52 great years before she passed. At 83 years old I doubt I'll find me a number three. haven't figured out yet if that's a good or bad thing????
Paul B.

Our forefathers did not politely protest the British.They did not vote them out of office, nor did they impeach the king,march on the capitol or ask permission for their rights. ----------------They just shot them.
MOLON LABE
T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
Don’t have any living children with the ex, so don’t have the visitation issues. During the marriage she was a major b****, she even admits it now. My current wife has had my ex-wife over to house, puts her on a “St. Andrews” cross several times. Fun times to watch. Married 3 years to first bi…… errr wife, 23 years to current wife. Adult life is fun.

"Know guns, no crime. No guns, know crime."
- Ralph Lauretano
IC B2

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I have had ONE conversation with my ex since the divorce, and that was at a bank undoing some business related entanglements. She wanted to be "friends". "Why start now?"

I got off easy.

Sic Semper Tyrannis
W
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
W
Originally Posted by Tansun
Don’t have any living children with the ex, so don’t have the visitation issues. During the marriage she was a major b****, she even admits it now. My current wife has had my ex-wife over to house, puts her on a “St. Andrews” cross several times. Fun times to watch. Married 3 years to first bi…… errr wife, 23 years to current wife. Adult life is fun.

So you get to watch your current wife flog your ex? I hope you film the action and after-action. Set them up an OnlyFans account.

D
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
D
Learned a hard lesson from an X. Never try to disarm someone who is holding two knives and means you harm. Shoot them. Still have a scar or two.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Carol and I were married for 23 years. I still don’t know what the hell happened that brought it all down.
We married fresh outta high school, madly in love. I joined the service, as it seemed like a pretty good place to make a start. Lord knows around here, decent jobs and good pay weren’t growing on trees.
So two newlyweds and a couple month old baby ended up in Tacoma Wa, roughly 3000 miles from home and family.
I wasn’t much of a praying man then, but I credit my mom and her mom, because I see now that God surely looked out for us then. He provided us with a sort of surrogate mother out there, who helped us out like we were her own kids.
Neither of us liked being away from home and family, so I never considered re-enlisting. We couldn’t wait to return home, and I got a job that wouldn’t make us rich, but allowed us to build a home and enjoy each other and our life together.
Some time after Ben left home for good, i was driving truck. I guess the loneliness overcame her. It’s the best I can do.
She hid her unhappiness. One night while I was gone, she took a bunch of pills. Luckily she threw them up. When I found out I flipped! I got her to see a psychiatrist for depression. Maybe the Psychiatrist blamed me, maybe not. I can’t say.
In my mind everything was fine until she handed me her ring and moved out. She put a PFA on me, mainly out of spite, so I had to House my guns at Dad’s.
For about a year and a half, I didn’t care if the sun rose or not. It took me a long time to get right. I came to realize that she wasn’t the same girl I’d married. Her whole personality had changed. My neck was suddenly too red for her.
Many years later now, I’ve got a pretty good life with Penny, who’s not only a great cook and a good shot, but her neck’s damn near as red as mine, and she takes great care of me.
I look at Carol with some tenderness and a little regret. I no longer think of her very often. Last week her mom passed away and I saw her and her family at the viewing. Penny says she’d (Carol) love to get me back, but I don’t see it. I guess women read things differently then men.
I honestly believe I’m much better off now than I would be if we were still together.
7mm

"Preserving the Constitution, fighting off the nibblers and chippers, even nibblers and chippers with good intentions, was once regarded by conservatives as the first duty of the citizen. It still is." � Wesley Pruden

W
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
W
I may have the best lady in the universe for my wife.

These premises insured by a Sheltie in Training ,--- and Cooey.o
"May the Good Lord take a likin' to you"
IC B3

J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J
Ex-wife was a cold woman with no love in her heart.
In the 17 years we were married she NEVER ONCE told me she loved me, no matter how I pleaded and even cried.

After the divorce was finalized, as we were leaving the courthouse, she said to me, " There was a reason I never told you I loved you, and it had nothing to do with you. But you'll never know now."

I'll be thinking about that for the rest of my life.

"No good deed shall go unpunished!"
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I have three ex wives. Don't know where they live or what their status is. Don't care.

Sam......

hanco Online Content OP
Campfire Savant
OP Online Content
Campfire Savant
My ex is next door now, working on cleaning out her moms house to sell. I’d much rather talk to her hubby than her.

C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
Originally Posted by JeffyD
Ex-wife was a cold woman with no love in her heart.
In the 17 years we were married she NEVER ONCE told me she loved me, no matter how I pleaded and even cried.

After the divorce was finalized, as we were leaving the courthouse, she said to me, " There was a reason I never told you I loved you, and it had nothing to do with you. But you'll never know now."

I'll be thinking about that for the rest of my life.

I’d sooner lop my own diick off than beg a woman to tell me she loves me.

N
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
N
Originally Posted by wabigoon

Nope. ‘Cause I’ve got the best one 😁

NRA Life,Endowment,Patron or Benefactor since '72.
L
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
L
Originally Posted by navlav8r
Originally Posted by wabigoon

Nope. ‘Cause I’ve got the best one 😁

The universe is a big place, but I am married to the best woman I know.

H
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
H
I never found a good one, so quit looking
Rather have a new rifle.

B
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
B
My ex is as fine a woman who ever lived. She expected I was a good man. I let her down.

L
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
L
The ex and I split soon after she finished advanced schooling.
We could have likely worked things out if we had tried in the least.
There was no animosity and we just agreed to go our separate ways.
Would not have worked out in the long run, as she moved her mother in to her household, and as much as I liked the MIL, living under the same roof 24/7/365 would have never . . . NEVER worked.
Current wife and I will celebrate 41 years together in May.
Dang she must be getting old then!

Last edited by LouisB; 03/27/22.

Some spelling errors can be corrected by a vowel movement.
~ MOLON LABE ~
E
efw Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
E
Originally Posted by EdM
Thankfully, no ex.

+1

Page 2 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

246 members (160user, 257 roberts, 12344mag, 10Glocks, 2UP, 30 invisible), 1,669 guests, and 1,126 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,750
Posts18,495,289
Members73,977
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.