Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
G
Campfire Tracker
OP Online Content
Campfire Tracker
G
I bought a reissue Epiphone ‘59 Les Paul from Sweetwater from their website. They post pictures of every serial number they had in stock and I got to choose which one I wanted. It was shipped promptly to my house and was packed REALLY well. To my surprise, an inspection card came with it saying that it was set up and tuned. I checked the usually things and was surprised I didn’t see anything I needed to do. When I went to tune it, it was already in tune. Then, I got a call the next day from the man who had done the setup. He wanted to know if I was satisfied and told me that he would be available to me if I ever needed anything. WOW.

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Never heard of them. Got a link ?

Last edited by chlinstructor; 03/27/22.

"Allways speak the truth and you will never have to remember what you said before..." Sam Houston
Texans, "We say Grace, We Say Mam, If You Don't Like it, We Don't Give a Damn!"

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
How much $$$?

Politics is War by Other Means
C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
Sweetwater is just up the road from me about 40 minutes away. Went there in person to buy my one and only guitar. Great place and seems to be great people, I've had the same experience of them calling just to check in and see how different items I purchased are working out. Highly recommend them. I will still order supplies on line like strings, cleaning supplies or different odds and ends since all shipping is free, Can't beat their customer service.

3825 24336
G
Campfire Tracker
OP Online Content
Campfire Tracker
G
$849. I wanted a Les Paul, but the cheapest Gibsons are $1300 and up. The cheaper ones have more “modern” modifications that I don’t like. I like the 50s style neck, long tenon, and solid body. I also like the more classic humbuckers. To get into that would have put me up over $2400. When I found out that Epiphone (owned by Gibson) had really been revamped since their bankruptcy and the tuning problems had been resolved, I started checking them out at guitar stores. I was going to buy an Epiphone Les Paul Special for $649 when I found out the ‘59 reissue has Gibson parts for only a little bit more.

IC B2

C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
Originally Posted by chlinstructor

https://www.sweetwater.com/

3825 24336
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by Cretch
Originally Posted by chlinstructor

https://www.sweetwater.com/

Thanks

"Allways speak the truth and you will never have to remember what you said before..." Sam Houston

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
G
Campfire Tracker
OP Online Content
Campfire Tracker
G

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
VERY nice.

I hate that my hands have taken the beating they have...I get no joy out of attempting to play anymore.

Don't be the darkness.

America will perish while those who should be standing guard are satisfying their lusts.

G
Campfire Tracker
OP Online Content
Campfire Tracker
G
Originally Posted by RiverRider
VERY nice.

I hate that my hands have taken the beating they have...I get no joy out of attempting to play anymore.

I’m really late to the party when it comes to guitar or music theory. I always wanted to, but I never did for one reason or another. Once I had kids and started having to spend more time at home, I had to find more things that I could do to find a little peace. So, I took up archery and playing the guitar!

IC B3

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
That's their MO.

Sometimes they throw some candy in with the order IIRC.

Haven't bought anything from them in forever. Last was a 60's series players Strat

Me

Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by Gooch_McGrundle

Lot of bang for your buck there !

Prices on new Gibson’s Les Paul models are crazy nowadays.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
I used to buy a lot of high-end recording stuff from them when I was still running the studio. Good folks. 👍

The CENTER will hold.

Reality, Patriotism,Trump: you can only pick two

FÜCK PUTIN!
G
Campfire Tracker
OP Online Content
Campfire Tracker
G
Originally Posted by Teal
That's their MO.

Haven't bought anything from them in forever. Last was a 60's series players Strat

After some digging, there is a bag of candy in the box!

B
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
B
My favorite online retailer, been a customer for over 15 years.

H
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
H
Down the road from my moms.
Might have to visit.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by Gooch_McGrundle
Originally Posted by Teal
That's their MO.

After some digging, there is a bag of candy in the box!

Awesome. Glad they hooked you up

Me

M
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
M
I’ve never played electric guitar in my life but at 52 I have decided I want to give it a try. They sound like the kind of company I like to do business with.

G
Campfire Tracker
OP Online Content
Campfire Tracker
G
Originally Posted by miguel
I’ve never played electric guitar in my life but at 52 I have decided I want to give it a try. They sound like the kind of company I like to do business with.

I really wanted to buy local and I think this is absolutely the best route because there is such a variance between guitars of the exact same model, that I’d normally want to play it before I bought it. But, inventory really sucks right now in many places. I knew I really liked the feel, tone, and look of the 1950s era Les Paul and didn’t find what I want anywhere but online. I had to take the chance of it being poorly set up and/or having cosmetic/workmanship issues. Now that I understand the way Sweetwater operates, I would have no qualms with buying online as long as I knew what I wanted.

PS: Electrics play softer and are easier to learn with, but their forgiving nature doesn’t build finger strength or calluses very fast. Also, avoid have preconceived notions about what guitars are meant for what genres. Tone is mostly the amp. I’ve played metal with a Stratocaster with single-coil pickups!

Last edited by Gooch_McGrundle; 03/27/22.
H
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
H
OP that is a nice guitar. Next on my list is some sort of LP. I have two guitars that I ordered from Sweetwater, both set up/inspected. The newest i received in August after 6 months on back order (supply chain i guess). The folks at Sweetwater would give me constant updates, and like you contacted me after it showed up to make sure everything was GTG. Yeah, they included candy.

Again, that is a very nice guitar, good choice. Here is the guitar from August, the other I purchased from them is a superstrat, Schecter.

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

583 members (1minute, 1234, 007FJ, 160user, 1936M71, 10Glocks, 59 invisible), 2,105 guests, and 1,258 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,778
Posts18,495,852
Members73,977
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.