Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
C
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
C
Anyone own or have experience with both? Do you have a preference? From my understanding the Accupoint is made in the U.S. using components sourced from various places while the Credo is a Japanese LOW scope.

I do note several differences in the specs such as eye relief and weight. I have owned and looked through several Accupoints in the past but never a Credo.

But specs aren't practical use.

Anyone with practical use experience have a preference, if so why?

GB1

A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
My accupoint 3-9’s say “made in japan.”
Can’t speak to the credo.
I like them.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Hi Crowhunter
Both are nice scopes - they share the same glass and quality of construction, testing, etc.

The AccuPoint series is final assembled n MI due to the tritium, which can’t be exported.

As far as which scope it depends in your planned use. I’ve always been an AccuPoint fan due to the non battery illumination that “self regulates” depending on lighting conditions. The Credo / HX offer more illumination than just the center dot since they are battery powered.

For me it’s the AccuPoint - that single illuminated dot is very easy to use and looks great t against all sorts of targets. It’s a lighter scope as well if that matters to you, and a bit more streamlined for possibly lower mounting.

C
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
C
Originally Posted by 375PigGuy
Hi Crowhunter
Both are nice scopes - they share the same glass and quality of construction, testing, etc.

The AccuPoint series is final assembled n MI due to the tritium, which can’t be exported.

As far as which scope it depends in your planned use. I’ve always been an AccuPoint fan due to the non battery illumination that “self regulates” depending on lighting conditions. The Credo / HX offer more illumination than just the center dot since they are battery powered.

For me it’s the AccuPoint - that single illuminated dot is very easy to use and looks great t against all sorts of targets. It’s a lighter scope as well if that matters to you, and a bit more streamlined for possibly lower mounting.

Thank you.

Weight is a factor but secondary to eye relief/eye box to me.

All things being equal, I would choose the lighter of the two but I would rather have 3 more oz of weight for a more forgiving eyebox.

P
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
P
IDK about the Credo, but the eye box on my 3-9 accupoint works fine so far on my 308 savage. I was a little apprehensive about the eye relief, but once mounted, I have no issues whatsoever.

IC B2

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
In my experience the eye relief is more forgiving on the AccuPoint

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I have two Credo 3-9 illuminated MOA Precision hunter reticles. I have them mounted, but have not yet sighted in with them. I am picky about eye box and eye relief, and they do not disappoint. The reticle is great. On the lowest illumination setting, it does not wash out in low light.

T
TWR Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
T
I recently bought a 3-9 Accupoint with the mil dot reticle and I’m very impressed with it. I’ve got it on Kimber Montana in 223. The eye box is fine and the glass is great and the lit dot is perfect in every lighting condition I’ve used it in.

I have two 1-4 Accupower’s on AR’s and love those as well. The illumination is not as bright as my Aimpoint but it I can tell it’s on in the full sun. I really don’t use it anyway, I have the red segmented circle with BDC which is bold enough without the battery. I have been told the new Credo line is a little brighter.

I’m a fan of both.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Only have Accupoints, but they’ve become my favorite 3-9, with the green dot duplex. Also have other Credo HX models, and all other things being more or less equal, I’d choose the Credo when illumination control was important. There are lighting conditions where the Accupoints don’t work well, basically when there’s not much overhead light. Since I’m not shooting out of a blind or my bedroom window, the APs work very well for me and the duplex is just about perfect IMO.

What fresh Hell is this?
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Good point Pappy regarding the occasional non illumination of the Apoint

The couple of times I’ve been in a box blind on an open field in the afternoon the greed dot didn’t show at first but once the light started getting low and the deer cam out it was there since the field was no longer in full sunlight

IC B3

T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
This is interesting to hear. I've used a ton of accupoints but only in 1-4 and 1-6 and only with the old post/triangle reticle. They had very forgiving eye boxes and I never managed to break one, but I got rid of most of them as the reticle was very fast up close but got a little tougher at longer distances, both bc of the size of the aiming point and also because having horizontal stadia seems to help a lot with keeping the rifle level.

But I will give these a second look now. Might be my slightly busted color vision but the red always showed much better to me than the green or yellow.

T
TWR Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
T
That is true on the FO not working well inside looking outside but it's never been a problem for me (I ran an ACOG for a few years) because the reticle still stands out and works just fine.

It is a problem on the RMR that has nothing but the dot, while standing inside a building shooting out a window, the dot washes out. For those I prefer battery power over FO and tritium.

M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
I have an Accupower 3-9, which is just the older Credo. I love it. Eye relief is fantastic, reticle is clean, illumination is fine even through I really don't use it much. I've never enjoyed the accupoints much, so I can't give a fair comparison between the two

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

540 members (160user, 01Foreman400, 12344mag, 17CalFan, 1234, 10gaugemag, 59 invisible), 3,370 guests, and 1,285 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,714
Posts18,534,931
Members74,041
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.