Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Bought a Tone Master Amp from them a few years back

Coyotes shot no waiting.

G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Nice Les Paul! I have a black Epiphone Les Paul Standard, and to my mind, it plays and sounds as well as anyone’s Gibson. I’d wager yours does too.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
We do all of our musical electronics gear for church through Sweetwater. GREAT customer service and selection of equipment. I don't shop anywhere else because they don't mess around. They make sure it's RIGHT and it's what you need. If you don't know exactly what you need, you tell them what you want to do and they tell you what you need to do that, and a different price points, though I'm a "buy once, cry once" shopper.

Selmer

"Daddy, can you sometime maybe please go shoot a water buffalo so we can have that for supper? Please? And can I come along? Does it taste like deer?"
- my 3-year old daughter smile
H
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
H
GREAT company to do business with. Outstanding customer service. I give them my business whenever possible. One of the rare companies anymore that acts like they actually give a $hite about customer satisfaction. AND they throw a bag of candy into the box with each order. I don't eat candy but appreciate the gesture (so do my niece and nephew).

C
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
C
I have bought a number of things through Sweetwater. They back up their products with a 2 year warrantee even if that is more than the manufacturer offers. The also assign an associate to your account so they check in with you about every 5-8 months. I still have the same associate who was originally assigned to me a number of years ago. Good folks to do business with.

IC B2

G
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
G
Originally Posted by HunterNM
OP that is a nice guitar. Next on my list is some sort of LP. I have two guitars that I ordered from Sweetwater, both set up/inspected. The newest i received in August after 6 months on back order (supply chain i guess). The folks at Sweetwater would give me constant updates, and like you contacted me after it showed up to make sure everything was GTG. Yeah, they included candy.

Again, that is a very nice guitar, good choice. Here is the guitar from August, the other I purchased from them is a superstrat, Schecter.

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

Nice! Ever hear of Ola Englund? He has a YouTube channel and does videos on how to make almost any guitar/amp “chug”. I bet you wouldn’t have a hard time making that chug! This strat took some work:

R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
I've played for many years. Sweetwater is one of the best if not the best retailer out there. I now only buy a guitar that I can put my hands on and play. I only play in church now and sometimes it's a rock show. Mostly play a stratocaster with humbuckers. LOL. During sound checks I'll cut loose with some Bryan Adams, ACDC, Led Zepplin, ZZ Top, Skynyrd etc.....................It's fun and the youngsters just look and say " show me how to play that " . Never to late to learn. Start with a acoustic like someone said earlier. Develop calluses etc, Lots of good lessons on the net.

H
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
H
I watch Ola from time to time. He is pretty funny... it will chug.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I have wanted a guitar since "who flung a chunk", but it never happened.
Christmas 2010, my wife carried me to a local, small town guitar shop.
I picked up a little cheapie Kona for a C note and went to work. No lessons, just help from the store owner who ran an acoustic jam every Thursday night in Comanche, Oklahoma.
When I FINALLY got "it" enough to sing and play some "fake note" stuff, I stepped up to a Fender.
Gave the Fender to my eldest and started playing her Epiphone.
Wife hauled me back to the same guitar shop.
Allen had a Martin "Custom" hanging in his shop.

I wouldn't take for my Martin, or the one I swapped for an AR.

BTW! Nice looking Epiphone! Hope it's all you hope for.

I'm 72, I'll never be a Chet Akins or a Les Paul, but I make me happy! 😃

BTW! If any of you knew Allen Wooten of the "Cowboy Opry" in Comanche, Oklahoma, he passed away of COVID in December '21! 😥

Last edited by martinstrummer; 03/27/22.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Have never bought a guitar from Sweetwater, but have bought a lot of other instrumental/audio stuff. Excellent sales people and never a problem with their products or service. Visited their store once to pick up something when driving through IN - impressive place.

NRA Member - Life, Benefactor, Patron
IC B3

K
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
K
Purty guitar, but he forgot to top wrap those strings.

Sweetwater is great, buy a lot of stuff from them for work.

Here is the closest thing I have to a '59

Last edited by killerv; 03/28/22.
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Those are nice guitars.

I had planned on buying a Gibson LP, played probably 20+.

Guitar center had one of the Epi ‘59 reissues, I liked it better so bought it.

Last edited by Holston; 03/28/22.
R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
killerv-

Killer flame on the LP! Looks great!!!

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

497 members (10gaugemag, 1Longbow, 160user, 2500HD, 1234, 68 invisible), 2,406 guests, and 1,257 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,131
Posts18,502,620
Members73,989
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.