Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Shefire,

Your countless yet very WELL founded Insecurities,never ain't not funnier than fhuqk...you "lucky" kchunt. Hint. Congratulations?!?

I get it,that you are such a Brokedick,that everything hinges on your Imagination and Pretend,which fortunately for you is free,so even you can "afford" to "contribute". The only things you "shoot" are your mouth and Imagination and it's funnier than fhuqk,that you do so aloud. When Reality enters every 10 years or so,you are on the phone with Bullet Manufacturers lamenting your "abilities",as your steaks swelter over night. Hint. Fhuqking LAUGHING!

Bless your poor poor(literally) heart,you Magnificently CLUELESS Drooling Dumbfhuqk.

Hint.

Fhuqking LAUGHING!................

Brad says: "Can't fault Rick for his pity letting you back on the fire... but pity it was and remains. Nothing more, nothing less. A sad little man in a sad little dream."
GB1

G
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
G
Originally Posted by JGray
My K-Hornet is a bit of an old school build on a Ruger No. 3.

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

A case full of Lil Gun (14 - 14.5 gr) and 40 gr V-max's gets over 3300 fps in a 26" barrel. 5 and 10 shots back to back at 100 yds:

I started with W-W and R-P cases but use PRVI now.

Very nice!

"You can lead a man to logic, but you cannot make him think." Joe Harz
"Always certain, often right." Keith McCafferty
K
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
K
Nice looking rifle, Jgray!

Despite my name, my Hornet is the standard Hornet, in the Ruger M77 sporter.

Before Lilgun came out, I toyed with turning it into a 'K', but never did it. Lilgun gave me speed, accuracy and case life (Lee Collet Die helped as well), so I was all set.

R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R
Originally Posted by JGray
My K-Hornet is a bit of an old school build on a Ruger No. 3.

A case full of Lil Gun (14 - 14.5 gr) and 40 gr V-max's gets over 3300 fps in a 26" barrel. 5 and 10 shots back to back at 100 yds:

I started with W-W and R-P cases but use PRVI now.

when you tire of that thing ill take it off your hands

S
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
S
Just got back from the range today after a long run of sub temps. Took a lot of advise and opinions from this thread and others. Loaded 10 each with h110, lil gun and a couple others. Lil gun is the most inconsistent powder out of all I tried. 1680 the most accurate. H110 the fastest. This rifle doesn’t like 40gr bullets is what I’m finding out I believe. Can’t get under an inch at 100 off a bags or lead sled.

IC B2

G
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
G
Pretty small statistical sampling. But, the trigger time is worthwhile and beats playing golf!

"You can lead a man to logic, but you cannot make him think." Joe Harz
"Always certain, often right." Keith McCafferty
S
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
S
It was. I know 10 rounds doesn’t mean much but the size of the groupings was plenty for me to tell. Trying to locate some lighter bullets as we speak. Also no idea on round count as it’s a trade rifle. Going to the bench and a good scrubbing might make all the difference.

M
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
M
Have owned quite a few standard .22 Hornet and .22 K-Hornets. Eventually came to the conclusion that K-Hornets often shoot a little more accurately is not primarily due to heads-pacing on the shoulder, but that the very straight-sided K-Hornet case can't wobble much in the typical full-length sizing die, compared to the tapered .22 Hornet case.

But the most accurate .22 Hornet (standard or K) I've owned was a Ruger No. 1B that, with neck-sized cases, would put 5 shots into well under half an inch at 100 yards.

“Montana seems to me to be what a small boy would think Texas is like from hearing Texans.”
John Steinbeck
S
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
S
One of the reasons I took the trade was the amount of ammo that came with it. There was 700 rounds of loaded khornet and 300 more of prepped brass. I asked what the load was and it’s 13.5gr of little gun over a 40gr vmax. The surprising thing is he shot most of the factory rounds just to fire form into the dirt. Then picked a load out of the book and reloaded them all to the Hornady manual. Never fired a round until all 700 were loaded. They shoot at best 1.5-2.5 at 100 yards off of a lead sled or bags. At this stage he just wanted rid of the gun. Now I’m stuck with the dilemma of just shooting them or pulling them down and starting over.

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
My first hornet was #1with a 26” barrel.( I read some gun scribe doting on it!) I loaded 40BT or vmax over 110/296 as I couldn’t find lil’gun and had a bunch of the other powder. I never did shoot that load over a chrony but it shot tiny little groups and often hit pdogs far enough away that the little plastic tipped bullets zipped right through without opening up. That load was a bit over max but I figured they were safe as my OAL was a bit over max as well. I finally got around to trying some lil’gun and hope to try it out this year in SD on the dogs. Both loads shoot between about .4-.6” regularly. I’ll see if the lil’gun loads connect as well at distance. Im thinking my brass life should improve as well. My 296 loads start splitting about 6-8% of the cases after 3 firings. Time will tell.

IC B3

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
Question here for Stick if you’re still following this.

I also have an Anny 22h and usually use 40 or 45 sierras out of it because of the short mag. Those bullets are pretty well impossible to find right now… i found a few here at the fire from some guys nice enough to help me out ( thanks again gentlemen) but never tried any vmax lighter than 40 out of a hornet. Care to elaborate on why you love them?

Thanks in advance,
Ben

R
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
R
Great info, I've been thinking of a K-Hornet for a while. Wish they were still making the Contender.

S
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
S
I took a raffle ticket on a .22K Hornet Contender barrel made by Fred Smith, the owner of Bull Berry.
He made it to compete at T/C Associations convention. After he won, he donated it to TCA and I won it for a $5.00 ticket. Called him to thank him and got his recipe . It's super accurate, easy to load and pleasant to shoot .
Soup

D
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
D
Originally Posted by Benbo
Question here for Stick if you’re still following this.

I also have an Anny 22h and usually use 40 or 45 sierras out of it because of the short mag. Those bullets are pretty well impossible to find right now… i found a few here at the fire from some guys nice enough to help me out ( thanks again gentlemen) but never tried any vmax lighter than 40 out of a hornet. Care to elaborate on why you love them?

Thanks in advance,
Ben

Not Stick, but I shoot 40 Berger HP in my Anschutz hornets. They fit in the magazine are accurate and explosive on PDs.

NRA Patron
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

604 members (12344mag, 16penny, 17CalFan, 1beaver_shooter, 06hunter59, 160user, 58 invisible), 2,384 guests, and 1,295 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,139
Posts18,484,059
Members73,966
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.