Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
Originally Posted by Terryk
I can guess that Grice has less than 1/2 of the guns on display. Many racks were removed. I was just there Friday.
Bob's sale is 5-10% off most items. I never saw 30% marked on any display. Firearms 5%, Archery 10%, optics 10%, reloading 10%. Saw some jackets for 20% off. I thought I would grab a over and under, but I can get a better deal sitting at the computer.

I figured that's how it would be for a while. Buddy asked are you going up to see what they have, I said no because if I do either there won't be any deals or I'll spend a couple grand on stuff I don't need.

About Grice's, yeah their guys at the counter can be a pain in the ass but they aren't that bad and Grice's is good to go.

Think I posted this before here but last year I bought my son a Glock 19 for his graduation from tech school, over 700 otd, love my son so that wasn't too much to pay. Next week I just happened to run back up to that area and stopped at Bob's Army Navy and they had a sign in the gun section that said "Ask us about our Glock military/law enforcement prices". Soooo I asked and they pulled a sheet out and looked at the prices for me...... I scored a Glock 19 for myself for $425 plus tax. Exact same pistol for almost $300 less.

Gonna miss Bob's for sure.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Grice is one of the places I’ve been ordering from for the past two years. Low shipping costs to Alaska. Between the, Blue Collar, Scheels and a little Precision Reloading and early on Midway USA, I’ve kept my bullet and brass supply up.

R
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
R
First order no problems. Ordered 143 Eldx’s, 129 interlocks and some brass this morning.

J
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
J
What is it about local gun shops and a**holes behind the counters???

There's a shop near me like that. They seem almost hostile towards customers, but it's my one reliable source of 16 ga. shells.

"No good deed shall go unpunished!"
R
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
R
Ordered Monday morning and it was here today Wednesday at 1:45. That’s pretty fast.

IC B2

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by BillyGoatGruff
Originally Posted by rem141r
been there many times. huge selection and decent prices. the customer service can be somewhat schitty. some of the guys who have been there for years act like they're doing you a favor when they sell you a gun. but they probably deal with dipschits day in and day out so you'll have that. i have bought quite a few guns there including a few of their limited edition remington pumps.

my boys and me would make a day of it and hit grices and bobs army navy and eat in town somewhere. bobs is going out of business which is a bummer. its one of those old fashioned places with moldy old stuff stacked floor to ceiling. decent gun selection there too.

if you go, sign up for their mailing list and they'll send you their ads. lots of nice stuff. if you want it, they probably have it.

Every time I went to Clearfield with my uncle there were 2 stops given. Grice's and Bob's. Last time I was back a couple years ago, we went into town and I was surprised at the rude, curmudgeonly attitude of the guys behind the gun counter. Uncle and cousin tells me that the norm there anymore. THey've gotten a reputation for it I guess.

Same here…drive out to Grice’s, go to Bob’s. Get a big burger at Denny’s Beer Barrel Pub, or eat at the restaurant across from Grice’s. Pretty good way to kill a day. Bob’s going out stinks, but they had a good run. Agree the counter guys at Grice’s are occasionally pi$$y, but the overall selection is pretty good.

Livin ain’t killed me yet, but it’s workin on it!
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

490 members (06hunter59, 1Longbow, 16penny, 16gage, 160user, 10gaugeman, 54 invisible), 2,688 guests, and 1,279 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,624
Posts18,492,818
Members73,977
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.