Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
Peddler Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
Driving in to work this morning on a rural stretch of a 3-lane freeway and the guy next to me is driving in his car alone wearing a mask.

A
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
A
Pud’n Head .

W
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
W
Someone wants to wear a mask, no problem to me, just don't tell me I have to wear a mask.

These premises insured by a Sheltie in Training ,--- and Cooey.o
"May the Good Lord take a likin' to you"
Peddler Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by wabigoon
Someone wants to wear a mask, no problem to me, just don't tell me I have to wear a mask.

I agree, but it's just dumb. And it's an indication that the sheep-a-fication of Americans lingers even after the mandates are lifted. Trained behavior has become learned behavior has become unconscious habit.

R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R
Easy to tell who the durps are.

IC B2

Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by Peddler

I agree, but it's just dumb. And it's an indication that the sheep-a-fication of Americans lingers even after the mandates are lifted. Trained behavior has become learned behavior has become unconscious habit.

The masks are a trial run for more controlling laws to come. They worked and we can expect much worse.

“In a time of deceit telling the truth is a revolutionary act.”
― George Orwell

It's not over when you lose. It's over when you quit.
S
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
S
Last week I was going to the deli to get lunch. I pulled up and was going to back into a parking spot. Before I could throw it in reverse, some jacknut pulls right in behind me and blocked me from backing in. I looked in my mirror to see this dickhead in his car by himself and not wearing just one mask, but he had two of them on. He had to be a Democrat.

"Government is not the solution to our problem, government is the problem."
Ronald Reagan
A
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
A
That Dude don’t even like Himself..
He’s his own Pathogen..
Besides it helps with the Resale Value of the F’ck Car..

C
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
C
People wearing masks is a good thing, it identifies those that have truly lost their ability to reason.

Oh, am I supposed to have some pithy saying here? Sorry, not today.
R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R
And those are the type of folks that say “follow the science” and yet they wear a mask falsely believing it protects them from a virus. A virus so small it can enter through membrane.

"I was born in the log cabin I helped my grandfather build"
IC B3

M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
Driving in to work this morning on a rural stretch of a 3-lane freeway and the guy next to me is driving in his car alone wearing a mask.

Why do you care?

P
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
P
The only time I ever got upset because someone was wearing a mask - Was when I was working in a Bank!

Peddler Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by Moto_Vita
Why do you care?

Typically I don't care what other people do if it doesn't effect me, but in this care it's a reflection on changes in our population, which will effect us all eventually if not already.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I always want to run up to them and yell "boo" because you know they'd jump a mile high, scared of their own shadow. I don't mind them wearing them though, gives me a chuckle.

O
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
O
Another Brain dead Zombie. Just tell him what to do!

Peddler Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by Cheesy
I always want to run up to them and yell "boo" because you know they'd jump a mile high, scared of their own shadow. I don't mind them wearing them though, gives me a chuckle.

I think there's two things going on. Yeah, their susceptibility to fear induced behavior is one thing. But continuing the behavior when your own masters who mandated the behavior have moved on, speaks to a person's level of brainwashability, and how easily people can be hard wired into a set of traits and beliefs.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

Seen that a couple times this week...f ing weirdos imo.... that an a brenie for president sticker gets me riled !

I work harder than a ugly stripper....
M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
Why do you care?

Typically I don't care what other people do if it doesn't effect me, but in this care it's a reflection on changes in our population, which will effect us all eventually if not already.

Kind of like when bell bottoms went out of style.
Maybe the driver has allergies?
I used to drive with a mask on years before the pandemic when I drove through a town known to have numerous red light cameras along with very short yellow light times and their own convoluted definition of an intersection, some people used gorilla masks but I found them too hot.
Sometimes now when I go downtown for Dr appointments I'll leave my mask on for a short hop between appointments, don't really care if I offend anybody.

Last edited by Moto_Vita; 03/30/22.
M
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
M

No need to denigrate sheep -
lemmings is what they've become!

I've always been a curmudgeon - now I'm an old curmudgeon.
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D
Why do you care?

Kind of like when bell bottoms went out of style.
Maybe the driver has allergies?
I used to drive with a mask on years before the pandemic when I drove through a town known to have numerous red light cameras along with very short yellow light times and their own convoluted definition of an intersection, some people used gorilla masks but I found them too hot.
Sometimes now when I go downtown for Dr appointments I'll leave my mask on for a short hop between appointments, don't really care if I offend anybody.

If you have a good reason for wearing a mask, by all means, knock yourself out. It’s your right to do so. However, when I see a guy wearing a mask while getting out of a Prius festooned with lib bumper stickers, throwing on a backpack in preparation for a hike in the desert in eighty degree weather, it’s pretty much my right to laugh at you as well… 😁

Last edited by Dryfly24; 03/30/22.
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

550 members (1minute, 222Sako, 12344mag, 1Longbow, 10gaugemag, 06hunter59, 68 invisible), 2,387 guests, and 1,283 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,791
Posts18,496,152
Members73,977
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.