Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
Please feel free to leave a comment letting me know what you think or give it a 'LIKE'
Subscribing is a great way to stay caught up anytime we put something new out there wink

North Idaho Rifle Whitetail Hunt
https://youtu.be/ebPMm-MbLHw

"When the last deer disappears into the morning mist, When the last elk vanishes from the hills, When the last buffalo falls on the plains, I will hunt mice for I am a hunter and I must have my freedom." Chief Joseph
GB1

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Great video, man. I think Idaho is a sleeper whitetail state. smile

Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
oh did I say it was Idaho? Washington, I meant WASHINGTON is the mother of all whitetail sleeper states wink hehe shhh

"When the last deer disappears into the morning mist, When the last elk vanishes from the hills, When the last buffalo falls on the plains, I will hunt mice for I am a hunter and I must have my freedom." Chief Joseph
S
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
S
Nice Bucks, congratulations to both of you.

Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
Thanks! We've been back and hit those drainages a few times since and most always done reasonably well for ourselves, but nothing like that first year!

IC B2

J
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
J
Awesome!

Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
Thanks for watching!

T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
May as well be Washington. Idaho is awash with Washington plates come fall. Have them on my property all the time.

Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
That's a shame to have your privacy and land violated by ANYONE and even more so when it's by people who have no attachment or vestment in the region or area and can't pick up on social, community ques. I’m an out-of-stater, I'll admit it. But also I grew up in a small fishing town on the OR coast that has largely become dependent on tourism. Our beaches get trashed by folks with license plates from all of the lower 48 states, Canada and AK. I've watched, I don't know how many 2wd sedans, $90k+ suv's and even a couple motorhomes and RVs get swallowed by they waves. People falling from cliffs and/or drowning is becoming more regular because some out-of-town-jackwagon gets a wild hair... I confront trespassers annually on the properties I work hard year long to maintain relationships with landowners for access, and my own damn driveway gets blocked and there's a never-ending string that think they're welcome to park in my yard. It's infinitely frustrating and I sympathize with you. I wish it wasn't a problem for those of us who have the fortune of living in a desirable area but sadly it will never end. It's my approach to educate those who are reckless, careless and foolish in hopes my influence will reflect through them, but only time will tell.

Last edited by Bulls_Bucks_Boars; 03/31/22.

T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
There's 7400+ acres. I don't mind folks using it or hunting on it. What pisses me off is they park new RV's and leave them unattended to "save a spot". Also they spin circles in my access roads with their ATV'S causing a rut and sometimes it's garbage.

From now on I'm going to hook onto their travel trailers and haul them to the county impounded lot

IC B3

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Just so you know...Idaho is a freedom of choice state. Wearing orange while hunting is recommended but not required by the IDFG. You're a big boy. You decide.

“In a time of deceit telling the truth is a revolutionary act.”
― George Orwell

It's not over when you lose. It's over when you quit.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
From our assessment things have been taking a drastic nose dive but not sure exactly why. As much as we can tell it’s a combination of hunter pressure and a couple other environmental factors.

Post videos to get your subscriber numbers up, then complain about hunting pressure. confused

Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
Very generous of you, and wouldn’t blame you if you did wink lol

Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
Like I said, it looks to be some combination… hunting pressure alone wouldn’t attribute to the decline to the degree we’ve noticed and all game populations go through boom/bust years. In both cases I was trying more to make a statement. It’s a sad fact of life for outdoorsman, a lot big game hunting is facing an overall downward trend nationwide

Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
🇺🇸 Damn right! Lol
Preventable accidents are tragic but I support peoples’ individual right to make their own choices.

Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
Another noteworthy point is of the increases of hunters, we’ve noticed most of them to have ID plates/use of atvs. A number of times, I’ve spotted bucks but couldn’t make a play on them for myself, but watched a string of atvs drive right passed the deer, barely slowing down. Ya the deer are pretty used to it but it does seem to cause a disruption.
It’s tough to find a one-size-fits-all explination 🤷🏻‍♂️

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
in 2020, hunters killed almost 400 wolves in Idaho. Nearly half of those were in the panhandle units.
Those numbers are from hunting and don't include trapping. I couldn't find the trapping numbers offhand. Between them, they should tell you that there are a lot of wolves in no. Idaho. That's a lot of wolves eating a lot of deer and elk.

“In a time of deceit telling the truth is a revolutionary act.”
― George Orwell

It's not over when you lose. It's over when you quit.
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
I wish the wolf harvest was appropriately proportioned to the deer/elk. we hunted N Idaho in '16, '17, '19 and '20 and never saw wolf sign until '20... I truly believe they are more of a factor to decline in ungulates than what is estimated.

Don't even get me started on UNCHECKED wolf impact in Oregon lol

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
Well done video. Good job. Still a good place to live and hunt. Changed a lot. I can remember when both the deer and elk seasons ran from Oct. - December for either sex.

Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
That would be something to experience! I hope to disappear to the panhandle when I retire...

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

119 members (69sportfury, 17CalFan, Akhutr, 450yukon, 375sunrise, 907brass, 12 invisible), 1,562 guests, and 1,033 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,503
Posts18,490,526
Members73,972
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.