Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 9 of 1,842 1 2 7 8 9 10 11 1841 1842
R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
Plexi glass or framed out like a barn window with old chicken wire in between would look cool too. Leave space in between the guns for hanging framed hunting pictures. A soft red light shining on the the guns at night would be awesome.

Jim

The deer hunter does not notice the mountains

"I fear all we have done is to awaken a sleeping giant and fill him with a terrible resolve" - Isoroku Yamamoto

There sure are a lot of America haters that want to live here...

GB1

S
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
S
What an amazing and fascinating thread- makes one jealous of all the space you guys have over there. Superb project and all the best for the future..

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I have just found and read this thread from the beginning. All I can say is wow! Your nephew and children have one heck of a mentor! I have to say I am envious of your endeavor! Something I have always wanted was either a permanent hunting camp or a cabin on a lake. I grew up in SD and southern MN. Now reside in WY and with property like you have running in t he $10k range per acre here, I won't be having one. Your nephew and children are lucky to have you! Great job on an awesome looking place!!!!

I am lucky in the one fact that I have so much hunting land avaible to hunt around me! I can sleep in a tent for that matter!

Liberalism is a mental disorder that leads to social disease.
BMD Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Welcome Rooster and I think you are on to something with your thoughts on the gun rack.

Scott

N
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
N
Thanks Jim.

Means a whole lot coming from you. And welcome to the campfire buddy.

The "boy" busted himself a wopper of a buck over the weekend as I understand. I got one crappy cell phone picture so far & from what I can see, he's a beauty!!
I told him on the phone last night as I was looking at the picture, I said "uh-oh.... I've seen this before, I know what this is...."

He said "what do you mean?" I said "this is deer one of a marathon season for you, I can tell.."

he laughed.

Real good weekend, my dad & family were up to the shack, we did some brush mowing , made a couple trails, did some clearing & limbing around the cabin. It's looks great now, It's like we have a yard now. I forgot to take pictures, dang it... I guess I'll have to go back out there now smile

We also moved the out house to it's permanent location, so that was good to be done with.

Very good weekend, it just went to fast is all.

I'll have to catch up on the thread here, it looks as though my team of advisors has been hard at it laying out some good ideas & advice on the gun rack question.

Dave

Something clever here.

IC B2

W
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
W
Northn Dave,

God Bless ya for the Wonderful work your doing for others to heal. Just started into this thread today and can't believe I haven't run into it before, Long time lurker here at the campfire. Just never enough time to keep up with all the forums. Great reading!

For a guncabinet picture a lazy susan from a cabinet. One conduit pipe with 2 pieces of 3/4 inch board in a circle with notches cut to hold the guns in place. The boards are simply slid with a center hole over the pipe and held in place both top and bottom of each board with pins. Simply screw a 4x4 block with a hole in the center to the floor and cieling of the ccabin, install the conduit then you have a Cheap rotating gun rack. Cut the circle as large as you like for the bigger the board the more guns it holds. Same for the shelf above except no need to notch the board's out...

Sorry for the typing my kiddoes want the computer so I'm rushing, keep the story flowing here PLEASE!!! Thanks again for sharing as I've also been trying to rekindle a fire with some friends through hunting camp this coming season.

N
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
N
Thanks for the idea Wabo & good to see a first post from someone who has been reading for a while. I guess I'd say "welcome" but it sounds like you've been around here for a while, just quiet is all.

Thanks.... & welcome anyways... first post warrants a welcome no matter what!

smile

That youngster stuck a whopper of a buck with the bow that his dad bought for himself shortly before the accident that claimed his life. He never got to hunt with it. Real nice Bowtech rig, not sure which model but she's a beauty & I bet My friend is looking down & smiling at the fact that his boy got to seal the deal with his bow on a true trophy buck.

I'll see about a pic of the buck, not real comfortable posting a pic of the kid.. I'll see what I can do.

Dave

Something clever here.

N
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
N
here guys, here's a pic of the buck that the boy muzzy scewered over the weekend.

Nice huh?
[Linked Image]

I know someone's gonna ask or comment so I'll just say it now, I'm pretty sure that's an exit wound we see on this side. smile

Dave

Something clever here.

H
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
H
Well, this thread gets another first post...

I just found this site looking for info on my new muzzleloader. I have to say there is a sense of respect and fun not found often on the internet.

Dave, I think you are doing a wonderful thing for your nephew, your family and yourself. Hope it comes together the way you are seeing it in your mind.

Good luck, and keep us up to date.

Pete

Acts 10:9-13
My hunting journal:
pete.scpredatorcontrol.com
N
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
N
Pete, weckome to zee campfire.

and thanks for the nice words.

Dave

Something clever here.

IC B3

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
huntthehunter,

Welcome to the Campfire! As a relative noob myself I still marvel at what a generally great forum it is...

Take off your boots and stay a while!

-jeff

The CENTER will hold.

Reality, Patriotism,Trump: you can only pick two

FÜCK PUTIN!
H
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
H
Thanks guys. I am enjoying it a great deal.

My hunting journal:
N
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
N
Jeff, you see that deer pic?

that thing is a toad!!

11 points, 18" inside...

I'm proud, I'f frickin gleaming with pride.

I just want to grab hold of that boy & bear hug him till I hear little squeek noises out of his lungs...

I hope to see him this weekend!! That dang boy, Rooster, are you reading this?

I know you have all the pictures, I can't wait for the weekend Rooster Jim, you get on over to his house today if you can & give that boy a semi non life threatening bear hug & tell him it's from Dave.

God dang it, I'm all wound up. I'm over stimulated!!

Like Marge simpson says to homer when he gets all wound up "now Homie, you're over stimulated, let's get you home, get some beer in you & get you off to bed."

Homer: "woo-hoo!! Beer! Beer! Beer! Bed! Bed! Bed!!"

Something clever here.

H
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
H
Dang it Dave, I like you even more now.

My hunting journal:
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
That is a Big Deer.

I wish there was something next to him for scale. I bet he's even bigger than I think he is! Our blacktail are kinda small. Shh... don't tell anyone!

-jeff

The CENTER will hold.

FÜCK PUTIN!
N
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
N
I've got pics of the "kid" behind him holding the antlers & as "da yoopers" say "smiling like heck"

He's big, I'd guess 220 dressed out.

ok, here, try this:
[Linked Image]

Something clever here.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Nice friggin' buck!

Damn. We call those "elk" around here.

-jeff

The CENTER will hold.

FÜCK PUTIN!
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Dave-

THAT is a nice buck. Need to see the youngster's face in the pict.
Hell, that thing is almost as fat as your basset hound! laugh

Kid still grinning?

Last edited by SKane; 10/02/07.

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

WWP53D
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Dave is worried if we see his face, he will become our obsession and a legion of internet stalkers will descend upon him!

Just giving you a hard time, Dave! I understand.

-jeff

The CENTER will hold.

FÜCK PUTIN!
R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
I'm readin it now Dave! I think the bear hug I gave him saturday night when them boys came back from the woods with that buck was pretty semi non life threatening. If I see him soon I'll give him one for you too. That will get a laugh out of him! Yeah proud doesn't quite cover it does it? The fact that he got him with his Dad's bow is the icing on the cake! Makes you wonder if that buck had "a little help" in wandering under that stand that night. smile
Your right on Dave, the wound you see in the photo is the exit wound. Shot from a tree stand. I'm guessing 210 - 220 dressed too. I didn't pay much attention to body size on saturday. I was too excited for the "boy". Heck I think I acted more excited then him. I wanted to jump up and down and yell. He is not one to show much emotion in front of his buddies though. This is just awesome!!

Dave are you coming this way this weekend or is he going to your place?

The deer hunter does not notice the mountains

"I fear all we have done is to awaken a sleeping giant and fill him with a terrible resolve" - Isoroku Yamamoto

There sure are a lot of America haters that want to live here...

Page 9 of 1,842 1 2 7 8 9 10 11 1841 1842

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

540 members (219 Wasp, 1234, 10Glocks, 1beaver_shooter, 1Akshooter, 01Foreman400, 56 invisible), 2,435 guests, and 1,181 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,457
Posts18,489,764
Members73,972
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.