Hop To
Page 4 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
J
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
J
Originally Posted by Cheyenne
Originally Posted by gregintenn
Someone show me a binding document that declares the separation of church and state. It isn’t that I disagree with the concept, but this is one of those little nuggets of bullshit that has been repeated so many times that most everybody believes it’s true.

The first amendment is clearly written to keep government from declaring a national religion. That’s it! Don’t believe me? Read it for yourself.

That's not really it. The First Amendment to the Constitution has two distinct clauses, referred to in common parlance as the Establishment Clause and the Free Exercise Clause. While the Establishment Clause keeps the government from declaring a national religion, the Free Exercise Clause allows people to believe whatever they want to believe.

Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof;

So, while you are correct that it does not say in literal language that there is a separation of church and state, it does get there in an indirect way. The Founding Fathers were pretty clever in saying a lot in very few words.

Like it got to flag burning being a figure of speech? Like it got to Witchcraft, Pedophilia and dog screwing as Religions? Like it got to insane men with mental illness (and Liars) are women in sports. Humm. Where are all the women who think they are men wanting on NBA teams?

There is no separation of church and state when state prevents people from having Bibles at work or pics of Jesus etc. or allows unbelievers to be pastors in the military, etc.

Last edited by jaguartx; 03/31/22.

Ecc 10:2
The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but that of a fool to the left.

A Nation which leaves God behind is soon left behind.

"The Lord never asked anyone to be a tax collector, lowyer, or Redskins fan".

I Dindo Nuffin
GB1

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by jaguartx
Someone show me a binding document that declares the separation of church and state. It isn’t that I disagree with the concept, but this is one of those little nuggets of bullshit that has been repeated so many times that most everybody believes it’s true.

The first amendment is clearly written to keep government from declaring a national religion. That’s it! Don’t believe me? Read it for yourself.

That's not really it. The First Amendment to the Constitution has two distinct clauses, referred to in common parlance as the Establishment Clause and the Free Exercise Clause. While the Establishment Clause keeps the government from declaring a national religion, the Free Exercise Clause allows people to believe whatever they want to believe.

Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof;

So, while you are correct that it does not say in literal language that there is a separation of church and state, it does get there in an indirect way. The Founding Fathers were pretty clever in saying a lot in very few words.

Rong. Like it got to flag burning being a figure of speech? Like it got to Witchcraft, Pedophilia and dog screwing as Religions? Like it got to insane men with mental illness (and Liars) are women in sports. Humm. Where are all the women who think they are men wanting on NBA teams?

Multiple mixed concepts, some relevant, some not.

"Don't believe everything you see on the Internet" - Abraham Lincoln
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I'm not sure you can really say the institution of slavery was a norm, at all since a great part of the country was determined to abolish it.

Don't be the darkness.

America will perish while those who should be standing guard are satisfying their lusts.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by TheLastLemming76
What we do need as efw said is a common culture. Generally agreed on socially excepted morals.

Slavery was a cultural norm in this country, apparently practiced by some alleged Christians, until about 160 years ago. If we had kept that as a cultural norm, would that be OK with you?

Israel’s at times enslaved Arabs with a level of biblical acceptance. Generally biblically speaking the teachings of the Bible were to kill them rather then enslave them or take them as concubines. Reason being was that taking them as slave, concubines, or wives lead to the destruction of their culture. So IMO the Bible two thousand years ago was well ahead of its time in insight and understanding human nature. Unfortunately that was a lesson not headed by our founders and look at the mess it’s left us with today.

In full context slavery was also practiced by the Africans that were the ones owning and selling the slaves and was especially common in Muslim countries at the founding of our nation. Muslims were still catching European vessels and enslaving the men and raping the woman when this country was founded. Caucasian men rarely achieved a level of usefulness and prominence. African slaves were universally seen as animals and castrated. Given that context of the wold. I have zero white guilt over it.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by BigFiveJack

This is at the bottom of your every post:
My ideal as a conservative:

That each person may reap as he/she has sown.

IT'S FROM THE BIBLE !

Galatians 6:7 - ...for whatsoever a man soweth, that shall he also reap.

2 Corinthians 9:6 - But this I say, He which soweth sparingly shall reap also sparingly; and he which soweth bountifully shall reap also bountifully.

All cool in theory. What about reality. You are born to a meth head mother and watch her get beaten every day by her man du jour. You are treated like dirt. You only know survival, You do bad things to survive because that is all you know. Are you hosed by God for that?

IC B2

J
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
J
Seperation of church and state is an anti Christian and incorrect euphemism designed to justify driving real religion from government and government financed institutions by anti Christian's.

It is used to keep Christians from uttering their religious views in the workplace.

Last edited by jaguartx; 03/31/22.

I Dindo Nuffin
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
What we do need as efw said is a common culture. Generally agreed on socially excepted morals.

Slavery was a cultural norm in this country, apparently practiced by some alleged Christians, until about 160 years ago. If we had kept that as a cultural norm, would that be OK with you?

Israel’s at times enslaved Arabs with a level of biblical acceptance. Generally biblically speaking the teachings of the Bible were to kill them rather then enslave them or take the
as concubines. Reason being was that taking them as slave, concubines, or wives lead to the destruction of their culture. So IMO the Bible two thousand years ago was well ahead of its time in insight and understanding human nature. Unfortunately that was a lesson not headed by our founders and look at the mess it’s left us with today.

That is a great insight.

Don't be the darkness.

America will perish while those who should be standing guard are satisfying their lusts.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

Israel’s at times enslaved Arabs with a level of biblical acceptance. Generally biblically speaking the teachings of the Bible were to kill them rather then enslave them or take the
as concubines. Reason being was that taking them as slave, concubines, or wives lead to the destruction of their culture. So IMO the Bible two thousand years ago was well ahead of its time in insight and understanding human nature. Unfortunately that was a lesson not headed by our founders and look at the mess it’s left us with today.

You are not helping your cause, at least not with me.

J
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
J

In full context slavery was also practiced by the Africans that were the ones owning and selling the slaves and was especially common in Muslim countries at the founding of our nation. Muslims were still catching European vessels and enslaving the men and raping the woman when this country was founded. Caucasian men rarely achieved a level of usefulness and prominence. African slaves were universally seen as animals and castrated. Given that context of the wold. I have zero white guilt over it.

IOW, we shoulda picked our own cotton.

I Dindo Nuffin
G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G

I think you and me are on the same team, but the first amendment says NOTHING about a separation of church and state.

It states the federal government cannot dictate your religion, nor hinder your free expression of said religion. That is ALL it says regarding religion. There is nothing left to read into it.

Then there is the free press part. I’m beginning to have second thoughts about that.

Last edited by gregintenn; 03/31/22.
IC B3

W
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
W
We can still Pray in our broom closet.

These premises insured by a Sheltie in Training ,--- and Cooey.o
"May the Good Lord take a likin' to you"
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

You sound like an emotional lib. I’m not trying to “help a cause.” I offered historical fact and context with some biblical teachings.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by wabigoon
We can still Pray in our broom closet.

If that makes you happy, go for it!

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
If that makes you happy, go for it!

Again you sound like an emotionally driven lib. Human nature, context, and historical facts and times are lost on you.

M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
Originally Posted by Idaho_Shooter
Would have their brand of religion mandated by law?

Nope. Not my religion. Not ever. That is what the left is trying to do with the totality of their twisted ideology.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

You sound like an emotional lib. I’m not trying to “help a cause.” I offered historical fact and context with some biblical teachings.

Call me whatever you want. What is your answer to what I have posted?

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

I’ve already posted it in detail.

R
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
R

Great question in 1860. Totally irrelevant virtue signalling horsecrap in 2022.

"Men must be governed by God or they will be ruled by tyrants". --- William Penn

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

I’ve already posted it in detail.

OK. So my takeaway is that slavery is OK if it is a cultural norm. Got it. Thanks.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Islam is a cult, not a religion, it is a way of life, it requires you convert to islam or die. There is no place for islam in the USA.

Page 4 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

336 members (163bc, 160user, 10gaugeman, 12344mag, 10ring1, 10Glocks, 31 invisible), 1,886 guests, and 1,059 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,759
Posts18,476,487
Members73,942
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.