Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 5 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J
In my understanding slavery in the old testament days was usually a forum of punishment for going against the Word of God. And why not. Just look at the worship of the so called god Molech. These people were sacrificing infants to that god. Burning them alive. The Hebrews took that on for a time and were made slaves themselves. Justice served because of making hideously bad choices.

GB1

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by RJY66
Originally Posted by Cheyenne
Originally Posted by TheLastLemming76
What we do need as efw said is a common culture. Generally agreed on socially excepted morals.

Slavery was a cultural norm in this country, apparently practiced by some alleged Christians, until about 160 years ago. If we had kept that as a cultural norm, would that be OK with you?

Great question in 1860. Totally irrelevant virtue signalling horsecrap in 2022.

Yep, completely irrelevant and meant to drive divisions and emotions. Especially when it was happening around the world but only focusing on one nation

IMO our founders were political revolutionaries and geniuses that fundamentally changed the world from a monarchy based globe to an individual rights with a freedom to vote world. To focus on anything else given the context of the times is being dishonest. Our founders did more to advance individual rights than any single group in history.

C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
Originally Posted by WMR
Odd question. Must be a backstory to it.

Not much of one. The OP is a closet liberal with no life experience outside of a 20 mile radius from mammy's farmhouse.

He has read a couple of pages from Flavius Josephus and a chapter of Ayn Rand. Of course that qualifies him to be the most obnoxious kind of closet liberal.... one who masquerades a libertarian atheist.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by RJY66
What we do need as efw said is a common culture. Generally agreed on socially excepted morals.

Slavery was a cultural norm in this country, apparently practiced by some alleged Christians, until about 160 years ago. If we had kept that as a cultural norm, would that be OK with you?

Great question in 1860. Totally irrelevant virtue signalling horsecrap in 2022.

Yep, completely irrelevant and meant to drive divisions and emotions. Especially when it was happening around the world but only focusing on one nation

IMO out founders were political revolutionaries and geniuses that fundamentally changed the world from a monarchy based globe to an individual rights with a freedom to vote world. To focus on anything else given the context of the times is being dishonest. Our founders did more to advance individual rights than any single group in history.

I get that point. We all are flawed and they were and knew it as well. They actually hoped that the cultural norm that they knew was wrong would change.

"Don't believe everything you see on the Internet" - Abraham Lincoln
I
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
I
Originally Posted by Jim1611
Originally Posted by Idaho_Shooter
Backstory?
Yes. Often on this forum nonbelievers are declared to be " part of the problem". They are declared to be supportive of liberals.

I and I am sure many other nonbelivers are as sincere in our moral and conservative values as any Christian, even if we are unsure of the existence of God.

Freedom of religion must include the pagans, jews, muslims, hindus, buddhists, as well as freedom FROM religion.

You're talking about my post in another thread. First my very best friend absolutely hates churches. I respect him for that and know some of the reasons he feels that way. You may very well be like him. What my point is that if you are of the mindset that christians in general need to be kept away from places of influence, like our government, I think you're wrong. Not you personally but in the general term.

So here's something. Prayer in school. You may not like that, fine. I feel it's okay. If your child does not want to pray then so be it but if mine does lets treat it the same. It's not that way though, in many places. My child can be kicked out of school for doing so. That is wrong. I would not want your child forced into prayer either. So here's the solution of the leftist. Outlaw it. It fits their agenda perfectly. Are you okay with that? If so then you are aligning yourself with them.

Many christians, including myself are more in tune with your desire to not worship God than you may know. I would not want any law passed to force you to do so. So here is my plight. How can I fight the leftist/communist takeover and not insult you? I don't want to alienate you but at the same time what they're doing is destroying our nation. You must see that as a conservative.

Here's another thing. On conservatism. We want less government, on that I am sure we agree. They have been over reaching for years. Why is the government so intrusive in our schools? We know why. So they can control what these kids are taught or not taught. The dumbing down of America as Rush so often called it.

An iron clad statement for me is that you cannot be a true christian and be a liberal and support what they do. So I know of many that claim to be christians and sanction almost everything these people do. I want nothing to do with them. To me they are deceived. Rush Limbaugh was one of the finest conservatives I think we've seen but he rarely spoke of God. What he did do was to defend many, at times even more than most clergy, foundational aspects of Christianity. Like opposing abortion. He also believed our country was founded on biblical principals. I feel the same. I hope you do too.

I'm not saying you have to attend church or read the Bible to be a good person. My friend I mentioned does neither but he and I relate on things that are founded on what the Bible teaches. Trust, integrity, honesty, respect, love of country and fellow man. Is that was motivates you in how you behave? If you're truly a conservative there is only one answer. Our Founders were conservatives. If you share that with me we will have more in common than you may believe. Their way is the only way to go forward. If we do we will be doing something that pleases God, in my opinion. If you're living a life of a true conservative that alone will mean you are doing things aligning with Godliness. To take God out of any conservative effort is not the way to go.

Background: First: I believe the priests of ancient Israel were studied and learned men, who kept meticulous records. They wrote laws for the benefit of the tribe and health of its people.

It just so happens that the people of today differ little from the peoples of 4000 years ago. The rules of conduct and behavior which favored peaceful coexistence of the tribe so long ago are the same rules which would be written by any sociologist today.

Second: I would take no man's faith from him. I deeply respect any man of true faith. Not so much the man who professes such, but shows no charity or love for his fellow man.

And third: When I speak of freedom from religion, I speak only of freedom from being forced to profess or practice any religion.

People who choose to brew up their own storms bitch loudest about the rain.
IC B2

I
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
I
Originally Posted by AcesNeights

Freedom of religion must include the pagans, jews, muslims, hindus, buddhists, as well as freedom FROM religion.

Freedom of religion DOES indeed include all your aforementioned groups but it most certainly does not mean freedom FROM religion. You are free to choose (or not), to worship (or not) as you see fit but that does NOT infer that you should have any expectation or “freedom” from not witnessing someone else practicing theirs. You can’t be obligated to participate but you aren’t immune from inquiry.

Freedom OF religion is enshrined in our Constitution, articulated by honest God-fearing men that understood the potential for abuse when government mandated a state religion. It guarantees that you can practice your religion without repercussions.

Freedom FROM religion is a false notion that, unlike our “real” rights, requires something from others ie, suppressing the expression of one’s faith. It is a false notion that is pursued by un-enlightened, selfish and godless men that use deception as a premise.

You can choose religion or not. I can choose religion or not but neither of us has a guarantee that we’ll not witness the other one practicing theirs.

Our thoughts are actually closely aligned.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
If that makes you happy, go for it!

Again you sound like an emotionally driven lib. Human nature, context, and historical facts and times are lost on you.

LOL! Thanks for the laugh.

"Don't believe everything you see on the Internet" - Abraham Lincoln
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Hastings
Originally Posted by Happy_Camper
Perhaps I don't quite understand your position Please explain it a little more. Certainly everyone has free will as to whether or not they sin. Are you saying that one must quit sinning to be saved and part of His family Big Five Jack?
It might help you if you would repent of your lying. Why don't you confess all the lies you have told on this forum.
How about start with that story you told about that fantastic 10 group you shot into 1 hole when you were less than 10 years old.

Nothing you say here has any credibility.

Is THAT the best you've got?
You "men" spent day after day with a fine toothed comb scouring 8,800 posts of a very long book trying to find one sin?
For a Federal law enforcement officer, I thought you could do better than that.
The best you have is a personal correspondence with someone who was sharing the inherent accuracy of some of the finest sporterized military rifles in history. I was told by another of his Mauser that had a one hole group too. Don't believe it? Who cares what you believe? First, that correspondence was None of your damned business or the other jackass who made criminal terroristic threats against me. You want to affiliate yourself with others making terroristic threats, go right ahead.

From many decades ago, I spoke from memory what happened when I was a boy shooting that knot on the tree from prone. Why should anyone care whether or not you believe that? What the hell does it matter to YOU?

Furthermore, I DO sin and make no excuses for them.
However, you are NOT God and I will never go to you or anyone else here to confess them as some Catholic going to a priest to be forgiven. I go directly to the Almighty. You don't qualify Hastings. YOU are the one with NO credibility.

What REALLY matters is that fact that the gospel I proclaim is absolutely TRUE. You have no power against it, so you attack the messenger as if that can nullify my, and Paul's AND Jesus' gospel. Don't believe it? That's your choice. You don't even believe that Jesus is God. You are Unitarian, far left of the rainbow flag lesbian priest at the Episcopalian church.
You have another Jesus, another gospel and christians have a mandate about those bringing another gospel or another "Jesus."

The Jesus I know is God and I can prove that not only from the New Testament, but also the old. Why? Because He is eternally God. Always was Alpha and always will be, Omega.

"For I am the LORD thy God, the Holy One of Israel, thy Saviour.
Even every one that is called by my name: for I have created him for my glory, I have formed him; yea, I have made him.
Bring forth the blind people that have eyes, and the deaf that have ears.
Ye are my witnesses, saith the LORD, and my servant whom I have chosen: that ye may know and believe me, and understand that I am he: before me there was no God formed, neither shall there be after me.
I, even I, am the LORD; and beside me there is no saviour.
I have declared, and have saved
, and I have shewed, when there was no strange god among you: therefore ye are my witnesses, saith the LORD, that I am God.
Thus saith the LORD, your redeemer, the Holy One of Israel."

Isaiah 43

"Let God be true and every man a liar!"

I
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
I
Originally Posted by BigFiveJack

This is at the bottom of your every post:
My ideal as a conservative:

That each person may reap as he/she has sown.

IT'S FROM THE BIBLE !

Galatians 6:7 - ...for whatsoever a man soweth, that shall he also reap.

2 Corinthians 9:6 - But this I say, He which soweth sparingly shall reap also sparingly; and he which soweth bountifully shall reap also bountifully.

All cool in theory. What about reality. You are born to a meth head mother and watch her get beaten every day by her man du jour. You are treated like dirt. You only know survival, You do bad things to survive because that is all you know. Are you hosed by God for that?

"My ideal as a conservative:That each person may reap as he/she has sown."

Actually, I had no idea such a thought was mentioned in the bible. As far as I knew, I had invented the phrase. It is meant solely in the fiscal sense.

Let us be ants, rather than grasshoppers.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
A Conservative believes in freedom of religion but also believes that basic Christian values played a crucial role in the founding principles of the country.

IC B3

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Peddler
A Conservative believes in freedom of religion but also believes that basic Christian values played a crucial role in the founding principles of the country.

Well said!

I have a tendency to get wordy but that sums it up.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Hastings
Perhaps I don't quite understand your position Please explain it a little more. Certainly everyone has free will as to whether or not they sin. Are you saying that one must quit sinning to be saved and part of His family Big Five Jack?
It might help you if you would repent of your lying. Why don't you confess all the lies you have told on this forum.
How about start with that story you told about that fantastic 10 group you shot into 1 hole when you were less than 10 years old.

Nothing you say here has any credibility.

Is THAT the best you've got?
You "men" spent day after day with a fine toothed comb scouring 8,800 posts of a very long book trying to find one sin?
For a Federal law enforcement officer, I thought you could do better than that.
The best you have is a personal correspondence with someone who was sharing the inherent accuracy of some of the finest sporterized military rifles in history. I was told by another of his Mauser that had a one hole group too. Don't believe it? Who cares what you believe? First, that correspondence was None of your damned business or the other jackass who made criminal terroristic threats against me. You want to affiliate yourself with others making terroristic threats, go right ahead.

From many decades ago, I spoke from memory what happened when I was a boy shooting that knot on the tree from prone. Why should anyone care whether or not you believe that? What the hell does it matter to YOU?

Furthermore, I DO sin and make no excuses for them.
However, you are NOT God and I will never go to you or anyone else here to confess them as some Catholic going to a priest to be forgiven. I go directly to the Almighty. You don't qualify Hastings. YOU are the one with NO credibility.

What REALLY matters is that fact that the gospel I proclaim is absolutely TRUE. You have no power against it, so you attack the messenger as if that can nullify my, and Paul's AND Jesus' gospel. Don't believe it? That's your choice. You don't even believe that Jesus is God. You are Unitarian, far left of the rainbow flag lesbian priest at the Episcopalian church.
You have another Jesus, another gospel and christians have a mandate about those bringing another gospel or another "Jesus."

The Jesus I know is God and I can prove that not only from the New Testament, but also the old. Why? Because He is eternally God. Always was Alpha and always will be, Omega.

"For I am the LORD thy God, the Holy One of Israel, thy Saviour.
Even every one that is called by my name: for I have created him for my glory, I have formed him; yea, I have made him.
Bring forth the blind people that have eyes, and the deaf that have ears.
Ye are my witnesses, saith the LORD, and my servant whom I have chosen: that ye may know and believe me, and understand that I am he: before me there was no God formed, neither shall there be after me.
I, even I, am the LORD; and beside me there is no saviour.
I have declared, and have saved
, and I have shewed, when there was no strange god among you: therefore ye are my witnesses, saith the LORD, that I am God.
Thus saith the LORD, your redeemer, the Holy One of Israel."

Isaiah 43

"Let God be true and every man a liar!"

Settle down!

I read that you exaggerated your shooting skills once upon a time and should burn in hell for it! Haha jk

I
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
I
Originally Posted by Magnumdood
Would have their brand of religion mandated by law?

Nope. Not my religion. Not ever. That is what the left is trying to do with the totality of their twisted ideology.

But there appear to be two participants in this thread who feel otherwise.

Apparently they feel the wisdom to mandate the religion each of us shall practice.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

Nope. Not my religion. Not ever. That is what the left is trying to do with the totality of their twisted ideology.

Apparently they feel the wisdom to mandate the religion each of us shall practice.

Christians mandating anything is this current society is the absolute least of anyones problems. Again contest.

J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J

Who is mandating anything to you? Lets see some posting that shows this.

I
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
I
Originally Posted by copperking81
Originally Posted by WMR

Not much of one. The OP is a closet liberal with no life experience outside of a 20 mile radius from mammy's farmhouse.

He has read a couple of pages from Flavius Josephus and a chapter of Ayn Rand. Of course that qualifies him to be the most obnoxious kind of closet liberal.... one who masquerades a libertarian atheist.

Do you claim to be a Christian?

Yet you lie like Obama or Biden! Is that not a deliberate sin?

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by WMR

I don’t know if he’s lied or not. The fundamentals of Christianity and its building blocks is the concept that none of us are perfect which is why an all encompassing government is a bad idea. All of us have constant flaws. To be a Christian isn’t to be perfect it’s about a belief in God and culturally speaking a set of norms and ideals to try to uphold. Those norms and ideals to strive for are what have advanced the Western world and up until recently provided unity.

I
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
I
Originally Posted by Jim1611

Who is mandating anything to you? Lets see some posting that shows this.

That statement certainly was not referencing anything written by you or 'Lemming.

Most will recognize the zealots mentioned.

I
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
I
Originally Posted by TheLastLemming

I don’t know if he’s lied or not. The fundamentals of Christianity and its building blocks is the concept that none of us are perfect which is why an all encompassing government is a bad idea. All of us have constant flaws. To be a Christian isn’t to be perfect it’s about a belief in God and culturally speaking a set of norms and ideals to try to uphold. Those norms and ideals to strive for are what have advanced the Western world and up until recently provided unity.

I can assure you that every word of this is a malicious lie.
The OP is a closet liberal with no life experience outside of a 20 mile radius from mammy's farmhouse.

He has read a couple of pages from Flavius Josephus and a chapter of Ayn Rand. Of course that qualifies him to be the most obnoxious kind of closet liberal....

C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
Originally Posted by WMR

You have a history on this site of making straw men out of conservative values and positions.

And it's funny because you take yourself so seriously.

Page 5 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

603 members (160user, 2500HD, 10gaugemag, 257 mag, 1936M71, 06hunter59, 50 invisible), 2,653 guests, and 1,190 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,781
Posts18,477,129
Members73,942
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.