-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
Tail end of the front just moved through this area of N TX.
Got a few sprinkles, that’s about it.

Looks like the majority of it is headed to Oklahoma and DFW

Sure could use it here with all the homes destroyed by wildfires about 100 miles south and 150 miles east of us last week.

Hope you OK and DFW members don’t get any more tornadoes.

"Allways speak the truth and you will never have to remember what you said before..." Sam Houston
Texans, "We say Grace, We Say Mam, If You Don't Like it, We Don't Give a Damn!"

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~

E
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
E
We sure need some rain in central Texas

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Mom said she's about tired with all the tornadoes in Big D.

l told my pap and mam I was going to be a mountain man; acted like they was gut-shot. Make your life go here. Here's where the peoples is. Mother Gue, I says, the Rocky Mountains is the marrow of the world, and by God, I was right.
- Del Gue
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Yep, it's rolling down the Red River valley - don't need a surprise tornado, but it is that time of year.

"To compel a man to furnish funds for the propagation of ideas he disbelieves and abhors is sinful and tyrannical." -- Thomas Jefferson

We are all Rhodesians now.

Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by High_Noon

I bet. They usually form up here around our Ranch and then head straight for DFW.

Had one that picked up one of our barns one year and dropped it on the neighbors place. And pick our old Cotton Trailers and twist them up like tinker toys.

One moved one our biggest tractors about 12 ft sideways. There were no marks where the tires slid. It had to have picked it up and moved it.

The original Ranch House, built in the 1870’s, was taken by a tornado when my great grandmother was a child. She said it also killed all of their livestock. Cows, Hogs, Chickens, everything. She said there were dead rabbits, birds, and varmints laying everywhere too. They were hiding in the dugout they lived in while building the original house.
Till the day she died, if there was any cloud that looked remotely like a funnel, she headed straight for the Storm Cellar. Her and her ole cowdog would run over you getting there. 🤠

Last edited by chlinstructor; 04/01/22.

"Allways speak the truth and you will never have to remember what you said before..." Sam Houston
Texans, "We say Grace, We Say Mam, If You Don't Like it, We Don't Give a Damn!"

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
IC B2

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by chlinstructor
Originally Posted by High_Noon

I bet. They usually form up here around our Ranch and then head straight for DFW.

Had one that picked up one of our barns one year and dropped it on the neighbors place. And pick our old Cotton Trailers and twist them up like tinker toys.

One moved one our biggest tractors about 12 ft sideways. There were no marks where the tires slid. It had to have picked it up and moved it.

The original Ranch House, built in the 1870’s, was taken by a tornado when my great grandmother was a child. She said it also killed all of their livestock. Cows, Hogs, Chickens, everything. She said there were dead rabbits, birds, and varmints laying everywhere too. They were hiding in the dugout they lived in while building the original house.
Till the day she died, if there was any cloud that looked remotely like a funnel, she headed straight for the Storm Cellar. Her and her ole cowdog would run over you getting there. 🤠

Yep. I was in Dallas on 10/20/20 when the F3 & nine other tornadoes tore through. I came close to being kilt as I was in my brother's condo when the roof was torn off. Folks house got hit as well. A not too pleasant experience.

Last edited by High_Noon; 04/01/22.

l told my pap and mam I was going to be a mountain man; acted like they was gut-shot. Make your life go here. Here's where the peoples is. Mother Gue, I says, the Rocky Mountains is the marrow of the world, and by God, I was right.
- Del Gue
D
D
We got a couple tenths here in the panhandle.
We need much more..... we, too , have been beset with wildfires.
Here's hoping for a wet spring !

Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Sure needs rain generously soon!

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R

This area is a tinder box, some big local fires, North and West of us, The king Ranch, 60,000 acres fire about smoked us out till the wind changed. any amount of rain would help us. Rio7

T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T

Utah & the west is not any better

Mountain snow pack is bleak which is not good

When the wild fires start where are the helo's gonna dip water ?

Lake Powell is at record low levels

https://www.ksl.com/index.php?nid=149&sid=134181

T R U M P W O N !

U L T R A M A G A !

IC B3

Campfire Savant
Campfire Savant
We got a good rain last week, hope you all that need it get some!!!!

V
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
V
Mondak is dry also.

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by RIO7

This area is a tinder box, some big local fires, North and West of us, The king Ranch, 60,000 acres fire about smoked us out till the wind changed. any amount of rain would help us. Rio7

All the rain in the Amazon couldn't help you or or the other dumb fugks that call that area "home."

LOL

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R

Welcome back CATFISH, all mouth and no brains, hows every thing on the bottom of the Fla. Swamp? you bottom feeders should know. Rio7

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by RIO7

Welcome back CATFISH, all mouth and no brains, hows every thing on the bottom of the Fla. Swamp? you bottom feeders should know. Rio7

Enjoy that schit hole that your father "gifted" you.

LOL

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
S
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
S
According to the Ft Worth weather guesser last nite ... the rain is gonna go from the base of the Texas stovepipe around Childress to Vernon then SE in a straight line thru a little west of Mineral Wells to Buffalo & Crockett, then thru Lufkin and across the Sabine. I'm in Palestine ...and WE DON"T NEED any more rain or tornado's either but it looks like we'll get some of it. Ya'll try an stay dry up there on the Llano Estacado...
Got one son lives 3 miles due north of DFW Airport in South Lake and the other son is just south of Hwy 380 & 121 in Frisco, due south of Denton, and both of them could see the twisters go north of them last time.
FWIW see if you can get into the on line portal for Channel 8 in Dallas and watch Pete Delkus ...he called the exact route on that last twister to the exact neighborhood's.
Ron

Last edited by sakoron; 04/02/22. Reason: clarity

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

528 members (10Glocks, 10gaugemag, 06hunter59, 1beaver_shooter, 12344mag, 57 invisible), 2,501 guests, and 1,170 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,590
Posts18,511,130
Members74,002
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.