Yay. More unions that vote Democrat. That’s always a good thing 🤦🏼‍♂️🤦🏼‍♂️

GB1

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
Originally Posted by 700LH
Amazon should just shut it all down there, fugg-a-buncha liberal union crooks

They just finished construction of those warehouses, and you’ll be happy to learn that they were built 100% nonunion. It was built on the property that NASCAR was thinking about putting a track on, he owns a very large chunk of that property. He will be putting in more buildings in the very near future.

Campfire Savant
Online Content
Campfire Savant
I’ve belonged to Plumbers Local 68 since 1971. They made wages better than open shops, had a little retirement, health insurance, and a vacation fund. We will see how this plays out.

Is UPS union?

J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J

Originally Posted by hanco
I’ve belonged to Plumbers Local 68 since 1971. They made wages better than open shops, had a little retirement, health insurance, and a vacation fund. We will see how this plays out.

Is UPS union?

Yes, ...Teamsters Union...

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Originally Posted by Hastings
If it weren't for labor unions we would be third world and with the demise of unions we are headed that direction fast.

Lol

MAGA
IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I hope they figure out a way to get better benefits for Amazon workers

The moment the union guy in charge buys a mansion and they get a .25 an hour wage increase for his masterful negotiating efforts, the union will fall apart.

have you paid your dues, can you moan the blues, can you bend them guitar strings
U
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
U
Originally Posted by joken2

Is UPS union?

Yes, ...Teamsters Union...

Not only is UPS union, but when they bought Overnite Transportation (since sold), it was non-union and UPS made them union. It's funny how everyone talks down unions but UPS typically outperforms nonunion/contractor Fedex. Maybe that's because UPS offers careers, and not just a gig until something better comes along, like Fedex Ground.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I did far better over the last 20yrs in the union than the 20yrs before that without union representation.

Our union (QCCC) does not have any provision for seniority. We have to work for our keep. I'm no liberal.

Campfire Savant
Online Content
Campfire Savant
Unions got us shorter working days, safer working conditions, but lots of kickbacks, shady deals, all kinds of high dollar gifts to union officials. Sounds like the government we have now.

T
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
T
Hastings, when did any employer hold a gun to a workers head and say you must work here ??? Since the repeal of slavery, you can get a job that pays what you are willing to work for...if you bring the skill set the employer needs...you can write your own ticket...can't find an employer...hang out a shingle, paint a sign on your van or push a hot dog cart and do it "YOUR WAY" !!!

Last edited by tophorsecop; 04/02/22.

Dedicated Master of the Western Influenced Martial Art known simply as "KLIK PAO" !!!
IC B3

Campfire Savant
Online Content
Campfire Savant
I averaged my dues from 71 until now. It’s 35.00 a month. That’s over 21,000 I’ve paid. That doesn’t count the death benefit you pay when a member dies. I’d have to look at every receipt for every month. I bet that is a nice sum too. The other members will be paying it on me some day. There were 12 in my apprentice class. Only 4 of us are alive, the non smokers.

Last edited by hanco; 04/02/22.
U
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
U
Originally Posted by tophorsecop
Hastings, when did any employer hold a gun to a workers head and say you must work here ??? Since the repeal of slavery, you can get a job that pays what you are willing to work for...if you bring the skill set the employer needs...you can write your own ticket...can't find an employer...hang out a shingle, paint a sign on your van or push a hot dog cart and do it "YOUR WAY" !!!
From your username, are you a cop?

J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J

Originally Posted by clintsfolly
Originally Posted by joken2

My opinion is it depends on the 'staying power', determination and effectiveness of it's leaders to affect desired / needed changes in a timely manner. All too often I've seen local labor union hierarchy 'sell out' and accept positions in management when offered.

Sorta like the my committee chair that lost re-election on Thursday and started as a contract supervisor on Monday! He lasted about a week. Someone painted his office with liquid manure……

Two out of five of our local's union presidents went into management. One after his first term, the second resigned as president mid second term to go into management. During a third's term as president of our local all union held official records and contracts guaranteeing company funded retiree health insurance coverage mysteriously just 'disappeared' and then not long after he voluntarily left our local and employment at the company to become a regional organizer for the International.

T
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
T
Retired Mounted USBP Agent, UPhiker, why do you ask ??? Also spent 5 years as a Special Investigator for Texas Family Protective Services and then just over 12 years turning wrenches on Materials Handling & Heavy Equipment...so none of it UNION TIME...had the option with USBP and with Texas but chose not to join or pay...as a mechanic i was a "Road Dawg"...and worked for 3 big guys and then settled in for 10+ years with a small non-affiliated shop that paid me what I asked for, and kept giving me raises and matched my 401K withholding up to 5% and then 1/2 match for the next 5%...until a big company bought him out...when they wanted to cut my pay and hours...I retired...and turn wrenches out of my truck for myself now.

Dedicated Master of the Western Influenced Martial Art known simply as "KLIK PAO" !!!
I
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I
I’m not overly familiar with unions. I’ve seen some fliers in a retired auto workers home. Marx and Stalin would have been proud of the artwork and pamphlet headers.

My observation is that labor unions are good and bad. They’ve gone full blown leftist in support of a political party that undermines the workers that they claim to represent. They do fight hard for their employees but that seems to have a significant potential to drive up the cost of goods and services.

Am I missing anything? Is there another angle that I should be considering this from?

S
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
S
Have a huge Amazon distribution center where I live. Everyone I know with over 10 yrs service was fired. These were good people,they just built up too much vacation time. I worked union for 35 yrs. Never been on strike. Never voted demonrat. And easily, 95% of the people I worked with never supported a demonrat, and were quite vocal about it. Despite what our so called leadership suggested

Home Of The Mollies
H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H
Retired Mounted USBP Agent, UPhiker, why do you ask ??? Also spent 5 years as a Special Investigator for Texas Family Protective Services and then just over 12 years turning wrenches on Materials Handling & Heavy Equipment...so none of it UNION TIME...had the option with USBP and with Texas but chose not to join or pay...as a mechanic i was a "Road Dawg"...and worked for 3 big guys and then settled in for 10+ years with a small non-affiliated shop that paid me what I asked for, and kept giving me raises and matched my 401K withholding up to 5% and then 1/2 match for the next 5%...until a big company bought him out...when they wanted to cut my pay and hours...I retired...and turn wrenches out of my truck for myself now.

He asks because he is a Commie Cock sucker.

Its all right to be white!!
Stupidity left unattended will run rampant
Don't argue with stupid people, They will drag you down to their level and then win by experience
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by BamBam
Mr Bezos’s net worth of 182.9 Billion is Going to be compromised. For Starters he might have to take 6” off of his 417’ $500 million yacht… but that might save him a couple of bucks Maybe he doesn’t have to dismantle then rebuild the Koningshaven Bridge..lol….

Bezos isn't going to take a haircut over this even if his expenses go up. He'll just pass them along.

"Don't believe everything you see on the Internet" - Abraham Lincoln
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I averaged my dues from 71 until now. It’s 35.00 a month. That’s over 21,000 I’ve paid. That doesn’t count the death benefit you pay when a member dies. I’d have to look at every receipt for every month. I bet that is a nice sum too. The other members will be paying it on me some day. There were 12 in my apprentice class. Only 4 of us are alive, the non smokers.

Quite the pyramid.....

Maker of the Frankenstud Sling Keeper
T
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
T

Unions and unaccountable governments run in lock step.

Page 2 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

556 members (06hunter59, 12344mag, 257 roberts, 219DW, 204guy, 2500HD, 52 invisible), 1,933 guests, and 1,281 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,275
Posts18,525,516
Members74,031
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.