Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
S
Campfire Outfitter
OP Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
S
The State
Family fears SC woman who lost arms in dog attack has given up but are still fighting

Lyn Riddle
Mon, April 4, 2022, 9:54 AM·2 min read
The family of a woman mauled by dogs says they worry she has given up, but they are still fighting for her.

Kyleen Waltman, a 39-year-old woman who lives in Honea Path, lost both arms due to the attack by three dogs on March 21.

The family said on their gofundme page that Waltman was “fully woken up and the doctors told her about her arms but it caused her a great deal of anxiety, so they sedated her.”

The post said Waltman’s blood pressure is high and she has a fever of 102 degrees or more. Her oxygen levels keep falling, requiring her to be put back on a ventilator.

“Mama says it’s like she’s giving up,” the post said. “Before y’all go assuming, we as her family are not giving up. The Lord has brought her this far for a reason. Her story is not done.”

The family said in a post last week that infection required doctors to take her arms off at the shoulder, meaning it wouldn’t be possible to fit her with prosthetics.

“So here we are trying to figure out how to keep her from thinking negative thoughts about her life,” Monday’s post said.

Justin Minor, who lives on the road where the attack took place, was arrested and charged with three counts of owning a dangerous animal that attacked and injured a human, rabies control violation and dangerous animal not permitted beyond premises unless restrained. All are misdemeanors.

He was given a bond of $15,000.

The owning of a dangerous animal charge carries a penalty of $5,000 or a sentence of three years in prison.

The three dogs, two pit bulls and a mixed breed, were seized by animal control.

The family had raised almost $160,000 to go toward Waltman’s medical care by Monday morning.

G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Wow what a bummer. Poor thing.

G
g5m Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Terrible story.

Retired cat herder.

J
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
J
What a tragic thing!

Put the dog’s owner and the mutts in the same jail cell and not feed any of them for a week or two. Let the owner feel the love of a pit bull.

“My horn is full and my pouch is stocked with ball and patch. There is a new, sharp flint in my lock and my rifle and I are ready. It is sighted true and my eyes can still aim.”
Kaywoodie
S
Campfire Outfitter
OP Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
S
Imagine you are 39 years old, you wake up in ICU and you have no arms. Amputated so high on the shoulder, that no prosthetic can be attached.
Family says the woman is depressed. I guess she is.

IC B2

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Horrible. Why are pit bulls even allowed in this country?

LOL
O
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
O
Beyond terrible and the owners consequences not nearly what they should be.

Osky

A woman's heart is the hardest rock the Almighty has put on this earth and I can find no sign on it.
K
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
K
"If it saves just one life or one limb..." Ban pits!

Wonder where the animal rights wackos fall on this one???

Last edited by kappa8; 04/05/22.
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Doggy Daddy Justin Minor says in response, "But those are my pets! They are just like part of my family."

""Mute the Greeniacs. Open the pipeline. Bury the Russians." - JPR - 2022
G
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
G
The irresponsible, abusive, and neglectful dog owner is endemic in the Carolinas. I don't know that I have spent time anywhere with as many stray dogs, feral dogs, and uncontrolled pits as I saw in the Carolinas. GD

IC B3

P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
No jury would convict the family member who capped the dog owner.

I’ll bet we’d see better fences if dog owners knew there’d be reprisals.

P

Obey lawful commands. Video interactions. Hold bad cops accountable. Problem solved.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~

Member #547
Join date 3/09/2001
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Justin Minor has not been lynched yet. That is the other tragedy

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I had to go to a couple stores yesterday evening and saw a doberman, a little mix puppy, and a pit bull terrier.
None were service dogs. The pup got lots of attention and the owner holding it, so no issues. The other two were full sized dogs on leash. I guess it's up to the businesses, but it's getting more common for people to walk pets in stores than it used to be. It's the ones that won't control their animals that seems more common than the leashed.

My heart goes out to this poor lady as well as the babies ripped apart at the hands of abortion surgeons every day. There's so much incredible suffering that we don't hear about.

God help her, heal her soul, comfort and get the good news of Jesus Christ to her as soon as she is lucid. Please Lord.

Last edited by Happy_Camper; 04/05/22.
P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
HORRIBLE ! another reason for me to shoot attack dogs or nasty dogs.

LIFE NRA , we vote Red up here, Norseman
D
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
D
Originally Posted by Fireball2
Horrible. Why are pit bulls even allowed in this country?

I agree, kill every one of them!

NRA Patron
O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Sad deal for the young lady, I hope she's able to find happiness after such a tragic ordeal.

I've seen a pit-bull twice in one week back in the fall of last year, trotted across my back yard, no collar. My suppressed cz 17hmr sits loaded at the backdoor, it will get a 20gr. xtp if I ever get the chance. There are a few young kids who play outside around here that don't need to be mauled.

PRESIDENT TRUMP 2024/2028 !!!!!!!!!!

Posted by Bristoe
The people wringing their hands over Trump's rhetoric don't know what time it is in America.
D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
Originally Posted by greydog
The irresponsible, abusive, and neglectful dog owner is endemic in the Carolinas. I don't know that I have spent time anywhere with as many stray dogs, feral dogs, and uncontrolled pits as I saw in the Carolinas. GD

I'll tell ya how stupid a Carolina pit bull owner is.

TRUE STORY

Family about a mile down the road lived in a trailer and let their pit run loose daily. One day I was loading up my Labs to go out and this creature came out of nowhere and bit down on the back leg of my oldest dog and dragged him out of the passenger side of the truck. I ran around and picked up a small log and beat that thing over the head as hard as I could and couldn't get it to let go , but for some odd reason I screamed in its ear as loud as I could and it took off running. My dog had a 1200 buck vet bill and I took it to the owner He tells me he's going to turn it in to his homeowners policy agent and they will pay me. I say are you sure ya wanna do that ? Guy said of course that's what's insurance is for. I JUST SMILED AND DROVE OFF. Adjuster calls me to get details and where to send check and before I hung up I asked him if he was going to cancel the morons policy. The insurance guy laughed and said he'd already done it. Anybody stupid enough to turn in a bill like that for a claim was too stupid to offer coverage to.

L
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
L
"BuT tHeY'rE a nAnNy dOg!"

J
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
J
Originally Posted by greydog

Fugging dimocraps.

Ecc 10:2
The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but that of a fool to the left.

A Nation which leaves God behind is soon left behind.

"The Lord never asked anyone to be a tax collector, lowyer, or Redskins fan".

I Dindo Nuffin
J
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
J
Originally Posted by ol_mike
Sad deal for the young lady, I hope she's able to find happiness after such a tragic ordeal.

I've seen a pit-bull twice in one week back in the fall of last year, trotted across my back yard, no collar. My suppressed cz 17hmr sits loaded at the backdoor, it will get a 20gr. xtp if I ever get the chance. There are a few young kids who play outside around here that don't need to be mauled.

May God bless and protect you in your efforts.

Ecc 10:2
The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but that of a fool to the left.

A Nation which leaves God behind is soon left behind.

"The Lord never asked anyone to be a tax collector, lowyer, or Redskins fan".

I Dindo Nuffin
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

577 members (1234, 2500HD, 10Glocks, 160user, 1Longbow, 1lessdog, 72 invisible), 2,236 guests, and 1,259 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,785
Posts18,495,990
Members73,977
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.