Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
E
efw Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
E
Empire of Pain by investigative journalist Patrick Radden Keefe tells the history of the Sackler family and their ties to “innovations in” big pharma’s marketing and sales tactics from Valium to its nadir in OxyContin. The ways they made billions and were shielded from civil liability as well as criminal prosecution in exceptional ways by multiple administrations of both flavors including the Trump admin.

Just finished it and it really demonstrates how big pharma, FDA, and political elites have been screwing us for a long, long time. Definitely makes it clear that those we’ve trusted in the past wouldn’t think twice about taking a pandemic and using it to make a few hundred billion if they could…

Campfire Savant
Online Content
Campfire Savant
We are sheep to be fleeced, nothing more!

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by hanco
We are sheep to be fleeced, nothing more!

Ring the bell hanco, you won this round.

kwg

For liberals and anarchists, power and control is opium, selling envy is the fastest and easiest way to get it. TRR. American conservative. Never trust a white liberal. Malcom X Current NRA member.
E
efw Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
E
Anybody else read this? It’s well written and very well researched book. I highly recommend.

rte Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
It's good that you've finally discovered this information.

The FDA big wigs and Big Pharma executives share a revolving door between these two entities.They also share a common interest in protecting each other under the guise of safeguarding citizens.The AMA is another organization that shares a common interest,which is self promotion while shilling for Big Pharma.

Communist Goals

26. Present homosexuality and degeneracy as normal.
27. Discredit the Bible.
28. Eliminate prayer in the schools.

http://www.freerepublic.com/focus/news/1561529/posts
IC B2

R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
It's easy to predict what the next "medical issue" will be, when the commercials on TV start promoting this or that. Bank on your primary medical professional to start hawking that you need a new prescription for this or that.. I noticed this going on with a former medical "professional" and called them on it, just before moving to another doctor.

You can roll a turd in peanuts, dip it in chocolate, and it still ain't no damn Baby Ruth.
S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
Watch “Dope Sick”

It’s on Netflix or one of the other streaming services

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Hard for me to have sympathy for recreational abusers that have also contributed to the intense pullback of meds.

My docs only giving me 3 days of some measly piss ant 5mg oxys for having my guts cut open and kidneys removed.

Meanwhile some dopehead in Florida is propped up on a stool selling tangerines and boiled peanuts and sucking down 40 mg oxys.

Grrrrr!!!

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
sackler/greenberg/guigenheim/feldman/berner/lararus, tel-aviv,,, hmm? sometimes I think? nah > can't be. . . .

Sackler family info. can be found on Wikipedia, but don't bother.

Do some reading on Armand Hammer [arm and hammer] I bet these people ^^^ are related to one another.

PRESIDENT TRUMP 2024/2028 !!!!!!!!!!

Posted by Bristoe
The people wringing their hands over Trump's rhetoric don't know what time it is in America.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
The only thing “wrong” about OxyContin is stoners abusing it.

Sam......

IC B3

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by ol_mike
sackler/greenberg/guigenheim/feldman/berner/lararus, tel-aviv,,, hmm? sometimes I think? nah > can't be. . . .

Do some reading on Armand Hammer [arm and hammer] I bet these people ^^^ are related to one another.

Presbyterians?

Regards,

deadlift_dude
“The very first essential for success is a perpetually constant and regular employment of violence.”
----Fred Rogers
rte Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Mannlicher

Sam you're missing more salient aspects of these drug dealers,the Sacklers.

Firstly they made false claims that ox-contin was NOT addictive.

They produced millions of doses they knew was spilling onto the illegal/black market.Their unbridled greed allowed continued production,far in excess of what was necessary to meet the demands of patients who had a legitimate need for these pain killers.

Once these pills were sold wholesale,the Sacklers banked the money and washed their hands of any moral responsibility.

Communist Goals

26. Present homosexuality and degeneracy as normal.
27. Discredit the Bible.
28. Eliminate prayer in the schools.

http://www.freerepublic.com/focus/news/1561529/posts
E
efw Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
E
Originally Posted by slumlord
Hard for me to have sympathy for recreational abusers that have also contributed to the intense pullback of meds.

My docs only giving me 3 days of some measly piss ant 5mg oxys for having my guts cut open and kidneys removed.

Meanwhile some dopehead in Florida is propped up on a stool selling tangerines and boiled peanuts and sucking down 40 mg oxys.

Grrrrr!!!

This was the exact line of argumentation made by the Sackler to pad their pockets even as they saw documented proof that people (like Rush) who were prescribed the drug by a Dr & took it as prescribed did in fact become addicted.

It wasn’t just addicts purposely misusing the drug it was normal folks like us following dr’s recommended practice getting hooked and the family making insane profits knew it but covered it up.

Pullback may be for your benefit to keep you from joining them?

R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
Originally Posted by efw
Empire of Pain by investigative journalist Patrick Radden Keefe tells the history of the Sackler family and their ties to “innovations in” big pharma’s marketing and sales tactics from Valium to its nadir in OxyContin. The ways they made billions and were shielded from civil liability as well as criminal prosecution in exceptional ways by multiple administrations of both flavors including the Trump admin.

Just finished it and it really demonstrates how big pharma, FDA, and political elites have been screwing us for a long, long time. Definitely makes it clear that those we’ve trusted in the past wouldn’t think twice about taking a pandemic and using it to make a few hundred billion if they could…

Interesting I've used oxy for pain before a few times and never even came close to being hooked on the stuff. Wish could still get it and carry it for emergencies. It was some good stuff for sure.

You get hooked by YOU. At least IMHO. I could always be wrong but there are tons of meds you can get hooked on. Just like alcohol and nicotine.

We can keep Larry Root and all his idiotic blabber and user names on here, but we can't get Ralph back..... Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over....
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Everyone should pay because the Slackers and people like them haven't the gumption to quit even if it hurts?
Fug em!
Let the rest of us that needs meds have them.

Big Pharma gest blamed and countries that manufacture and smuggle drugs like Fentenol, coke and meth get a pass?

Sounds like propaganda to me.

Let's blame gun manufacturers for violence in America too

T
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
T
I ate them like candy for some months after a serious injury and subsequent surgeries. I never felt the “want” for one like you will with a cigarette or pinch of snuff if you’re a user. Problem arose when it was all over and I quit taking them. Still didn’t feel like I wanted one but had withdrawals for days. Shakes, sweats, weird restless crampy feeling, and anxiety. Took a couple days before I realized what was going on. I can see how a person could continue taking them just to keep from feeling that way.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by slumlord

Grrrrr!!!

This is what makes this old man crabby — the reflexive move by government/state agencies to scare appropriate pain-relieving notions for real pain patients right out of their docs’ heads.
It’s a generalization, but I have seen it.

Then you take docs who are by nature already very cautious and conservative, and you add state pharmacy and medical boards looking over their shoulders, and they become downright averse, suggesting Tylenol for a bad burn.

Meanwhile, Chinese fentanyl floods the southern border unimpeded, and is killing kids.

Hope your recovery goes seamlessly. 👍🏼

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by rte
Originally Posted by Mannlicher

Sam you're missing more salient aspects of these drug dealers,the Sacklers.

Firstly they made false claims that ox-contin was NOT addictive.

They produced millions of doses they knew was spilling onto the illegal/black market.Their unbridled greed allowed continued production,far in excess of what was necessary to meet the demands of patients who had a legitimate need for these pain killers.

Once these pills were sold wholesale,the Sacklers banked the money and washed their hands of any moral responsibility.

Not missing anything. Oxy did and does far more good than ill. Stoners abusing it are the problem.

Sam......

J
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
J
Really?

Why does America use virtually all the opiates?

No other countries experience pain?

I am MAGA.
O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Originally Posted by deadlift_dude
Originally Posted by ol_mike

Presbyterians?

smile

PRESIDENT TRUMP 2024/2028 !!!!!!!!!!

Posted by Bristoe
The people wringing their hands over Trump's rhetoric don't know what time it is in America.
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

600 members (160user, 1234, 1badf350, 16penny, 10gaugeman, 1936M71, 75 invisible), 2,017 guests, and 1,188 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,831
Posts18,496,650
Members73,979
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.