B
beretzs Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
B
Originally Posted by rost495
Originally Posted by beretzs
Just got the upper and trigger today at the door step. Lower is at the FFLs. Can’t wait to see it all snapped together.

Jus like Legos for men grin

I"ve loved just buying a bag of parts since the 80s and putting em together from the ground up. Its fun for sure.

The snap together ease makes it work for all too.

but assembly from individual parts, with a barrel chambered and ready to go is so fun and so easy.

Couldn't agree more. I always said if I got a stinker upper with a barrel that wouldn't shoot I'd just swap it to one of higher quality. So far I have been decently lucky with barrels but I don't have the same standards as fella shooting matches for money or trophies.

Last edited by beretzs; 04/12/22.

Semper Fi
GB1

R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
Originally Posted by rost495
Just got the upper and trigger today at the door step. Lower is at the FFLs. Can’t wait to see it all snapped together.

Jus like Legos for men grin

I"ve loved just buying a bag of parts since the 80s and putting em together from the ground up. Its fun for sure.

The snap together ease makes it work for all too.

but assembly from individual parts, with a barrel chambered and ready to go is so fun and so easy.

Couldn't agree more. I always said if I got a stinker upper with a barrel that wouldn't shoot I'd just swap it to one of higher quality. So far I have been decently lucky with barrels but I don't have the same standards as fella shooting matches for money or trophies.

Thats the problem BSA has with me I think.

He thinks you have to have a .25 moa 10 plus shot gun period.

Its really not needed for most of what most do.

Don't get me wrong, I like the best I can get. OTOH if I can save money and its good enough for most work, whats the point of the extra cost?

Of course when we shot nationals, not just playing around at club matches shooting various things, nationals we spent money and tried for the best. The rule of thumb was at least 1.5 inch group 10 shots at 300 yards. But the requirements and what was on the line was totally different.

You will enjoy and keep enjoying. !!!

We can keep Larry Root and all his idiotic blabber and user names on here, but we can't get Ralph back..... Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over....
J
Campfire Outfitter
Online Confused
Campfire Outfitter
J
MBT trigger is great. I'm sure the upper will be same.

T
TWR Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
T
I got a wild hair today and was gonna order criterion CORE 18” barrel and replace one of my other 16” barrels. Then figured that there was nothing wrong with any of my 16” uppers so I started ordering parts to build a new upper.

Trust me, the LaRue deal is cheap and I’m sure it’ll shoot.

B
beretzs Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
B
Ha. They’re pretty addictive.

I had an impulse grab the other day. PSA had 7.62 18” blems. The whole darned rifle was around 800. I couldnt have built one of my own for too much less and I figured who doesn’t need an 18” 7.62 in their house.

Agreed, MBTs have become my go to’s.

Rost, agreed buddy, if I can hover around that 1 MOA mark with 5-10 rounds or maybe a bit more I don’t complain. I have more fun shooting them then tinkering with those brass shuckers!

Semper Fi
IC B2

R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
Ha. They’re pretty addictive.

I had an impulse grab the other day. PSA had 7.62 18” blems. The whole darned rifle was around 800. I couldnt have built one of my own for too much less and I figured who doesn’t need an 18” 7.62 in their house.

Agreed, MBTs have become my go to’s.

Rost, agreed buddy, if I can hover around that 1 MOA mark with 5-10 rounds or maybe a bit more I don’t complain. I have more fun shooting them then tinkering with those brass shuckers!

To be honest 2moa was much more the average of most deer rifles years ago and at average ranges no one complained. 2 MOA doesn't make me happy but its really workable.

Shot my Garand I'll use as my guide gun this fall for moose clients. it was right at 2 inches at 100... not really happy but its MORE than good enough for what we need to do.

We can keep Larry Root and all his idiotic blabber and user names on here, but we can't get Ralph back..... Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over....
B
beretzs Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
B
For sure. I don't mine a 2 MOA lever gun or even an old battle rifle like your Garand.

Shoot, I'd bet alot of folks are still hunting with 2 MOA rifles these days and don't care much either. We're the weird guys who demand and expect more.

Semper Fi
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

579 members (10gaugeman, 12344mag, 10Glocks, 1beaver_shooter, 1Longbow, 222Sako, 64 invisible), 2,141 guests, and 1,264 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,775
Posts18,495,765
Members73,977
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.