Originally Posted by Houston_2
Originally Posted by dassa
Originally Posted by Bristoe
This article sums it up pretty well:

https://www.zerohedge.com/markets/von-greyerz-there-going-be-new-world-disorder

excerpt:

FREEZING ASSETS HAS CONSEQUENCES
By demonstrating to world central banks that the US can freeze any country’s foreign exchange reserves held outside their country, the world financial system and central bankers have learnt a lesson that will permanently change the way they do business.

No sane country will ever hold their reserves in US dollars or other currencies at a bank that the US government can directly or indirectly control.

Nor will countries trust the Swift system which the US can unilaterally manipulate.

The flight from the US dollar will not happen overnight but it will be more rapid than anyone can imagine.

No judicious central bank chief will ever consider handing their forex reserves to the US, a bankrupt nation, with a collapsing currency which at a whim can confiscate other countries’ reserves.

But not only that, who would ever put their money into US treasuries. Investors would not only lose their total investment on the falling value of the dollar but also on the US as a dodgy debtor which could easily default by debasing the currency to ZERO or extinguish the debt.

Russia saw this coming already some years ago and thus liquidated all their US treasuries. Instead they wisely bought gold.

You do realize that Putin has seized assets Of foreign companies doing business in Russia and recently had the Duma pass a law to Nationalize those foreign assets?

You also do realize that it’s not just America seizing Russian assets?

And the outcome of that will be that investors will shy away from Russia.

And the U.S.seizing assets will make other countries look to options that the U.S.can't touch.

And when the rest of the world finds another option, the federal reserve notes will crash.

Folks been predicting the downfall of the usd$ for many years now and on it goes. If you truly believe what you’ve said here you, Bristoe, gonehuntin and several others here would be buying precious metals and shorting the usd$. Are you doing that now?

Seizing assets and Nationalization of another nation’s assets are 2 very different things.

We have some bad players in this world and most value their pocketbooks more than their ideologies. Putin is learning that lesson all too well right now.

You do realize that other nations have seized Russian assets and not just the USA?

Not if it's your assets being taken.

I feel no sorrow for Mother Russia, at all.
Pretty simple really. Behave, don’t go around invading other nations and killing innocent citizens and you get to keep your assets under your control.

Not hard to understand.

And since the US controls the world currency, they get to invade other nations and kill innocent citizens without repercussions.

Do you really not see how that pisses off the rest of the world? Can you not understand why the rest of the world wants to get out from under that system?

If that were true then the”system “ would have already been changed for a better one. Do you not understand that?

BTW, that new system ain’t too far off . It’s called “Digital “ and I’m not talking about fingers and toes type.

Dassa I’m sure that you realize that you can’t have 2 roosters in the same henhouse. One will prevail and rule. In the past and up to now that someone is the USA. Whether that pisses off other nations ain’t even in the running of concerns.

It’s just the way it is and we better be thankful that it is that way. No one is coming to rescue the USA. No one.

GB4

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by deflave
Originally Posted by irfubar
This is no longer post WW11 America...... our goodwill has been squandered.... we are now run by pedophiles that use the USD as a weapon. Seems a few here are cool with that.
Even though the middle class is being decimated before our eyes... by the same people

I'm pretty sure Minimum of 2 was perfectly fine with churches being forced to close because their was a bug going around.

LOL

But she's all ready to go to war over a bunch of Euro Trash fighting Euro Trash.

Can't make this schit up.

The virtue signal is strong from a few....

Originally Posted by Judman
PS, if you think Trump is “good” you’re way stupider than I thought! Haha

Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Let me guess... Houston2 has a degree from a prestigious university...

And her best friend is a vibrator.

LOL

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J

excerpt:

By demonstrating to world central banks that the US can freeze any country’s foreign exchange reserves held outside their country, the world financial system and central bankers have learnt a lesson that will permanently change the way they do business.

No sane country will ever hold their reserves in US dollars or other currencies at a bank that the US government can directly or indirectly control.

Nor will countries trust the Swift system which the US can unilaterally manipulate.

The flight from the US dollar will not happen overnight but it will be more rapid than anyone can imagine.

No judicious central bank chief will ever consider handing their forex reserves to the US, a bankrupt nation, with a collapsing currency which at a whim can confiscate other countries’ reserves.

But not only that, who would ever put their money into US treasuries. Investors would not only lose their total investment on the falling value of the dollar but also on the US as a dodgy debtor which could easily default by debasing the currency to ZERO or extinguish the debt.

Russia saw this coming already some years ago and thus liquidated all their US treasuries. Instead they wisely bought gold.

You do realize that Putin has seized assets Of foreign companies doing business in Russia and recently had the Duma pass a law to Nationalize those foreign assets?

And the U.S.seizing assets will make other countries look to options that the U.S.can't touch.

And when the rest of the world finds another option, the federal reserve notes will crash.

Folks been predicting the downfall of the usd$ for many years now and on it goes. If you truly believe what you’ve said here you, Bristoe, gonehuntin and several others here would be buying precious metals and shorting the usd$. Are you doing that now?

Seizing assets and Nationalization of another nation’s assets are 2 very different things.

We have some bad players in this world and most value their pocketbooks more than their ideologies. Putin is learning that lesson all too well right now.

You do realize that other nations have seized Russian assets and not just the USA?

Pretty simple really. Behave, don’t go around invading other nations and killing innocent citizens and you get to keep your assets under your control.

Not hard to understand.

How many nations could say the same thing about us?

H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H

LOL

My best friend was a dead dog.

IC B2

H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H
Originally Posted by jackmountain

excerpt:

Not hard to understand.

How many nations could say the same thing about us?

Don’t let your national guilt get to you

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

LOL

Condolences. frown

You should post a pity thread to grab attention.

John Burns

I have all the sources.
They can't stop the signal.

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage

^^^Total loser.^^^

My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by JohnBurns

Condolences. frown

Capt. Covid was bothered by it.

LOL

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

Condolences. frown

Capt. Covid was bothered by it.

LOL
Okay.

Was anyone really "bothered"?

Sorry you lost your dog.

Stupid way to try and come back to 24hr CF on April 1 but you do you.

Not that I didn't call it.

John Burns

I have all the sources.

IC B3

H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H

^^^Total loser.^^^

I really did. 3 weeks ago and she was 16. Thus one would expect the same empathy and condolences that I gave you

But.

I hope the fuucckk you never lose your car keys and post that here. That one would run at least 30 pages with outpourings of sympathizing sharing your grief.

H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H
US Veterans training Ukraine forces to fight against Putin’s forces.

Rolling Stone

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

Rolling Stone

Maybe John Burns and his operators?

PS, if you think Trump is “good” you’re way stupider than I thought! Haha

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

Rolling Stone

Maybe John Burns and his operators?

[Linked Image from imagizer.imageshack.com]

John Burns

I have all the sources.

H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H
Russia goes whining to Turkey over Turkey’s drones sales to the Ukraine.

Reuters

B
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
B

Reuters

The American government has opened the border and 18,000 illegals a day are coming in. It has shut down the Keystone oil pipeline and is engaging in practices that will devalue the dollar. It's pushing elementary schools to advocate for transsexualism. It's teaching anti Caucasian critical race theory in high school and college. It has engaged in actions in Ukraine that is threatening to result in a major war. Any dissenting thoughts on these issues are not mentioned by the MSM and are largely censored by the major social media accounts.

That's the short list,..and you have no genuine control of it.

How is a traditional, conservative citizen in America supposed to defend *any*thing that is being done by those who currently control the American government?

If the current American government is engaged in it, it's to your detriment.

If, at this late date, you still think you should back the actions of the American government, you're delusional.

You're not a part of it. You're a victim of it.

J
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
J
Normalcy bias..... just because it hasn't happened, it will never happen

Through out all of history every fiat currency has failed.... the average lifespan is 50 yrs. we went off the gold standard in 1971.... maybe Houston can do the math?

Bingo.

The Roman Empire was too big to fall too.

Hey, our money in banks is insured to $250,000 dollars. Problem is neither we nor the banks have any US Dollars. Maybe some Federal Reserve Bank Notes today. Tomorrow, who knows.

Ecc 10:2
The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but that of a fool to the left.

A Nation which leaves God behind is soon left behind.

"The Lord never asked anyone to be a tax collector, lowyer, or Redskins fan".

I Dindo Nuffin
J
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
J

Reuters

The American government has opened the border and 18,000 illegals a day are coming in. It has shut down the Keystone oil pipeline and is engaging in practices that will devalue the dollar. It's pushing elementary schools to advocate for transsexualism. It's teaching anti Caucasian critical race theory in high school and college. It has engaged in actions in Ukraine that is threatening to result in a major war. Any dissenting thoughts on these issues are not mentioned by the MSM and are largely censored by the major social media accounts

That's the short list,..and you have no genuine control of it.

How is a traditional, conservative citizen in America supposed to defend *any*thing that is being done by those who currently control the American government?

If the current American government is engaged in it, it's to your detriment.

If, at this late date, you still think you should back the actions of the American government, you're delusional.

You're not a part of it. You're a victim of it.

The current US Government is anti American and Anti US Constitution.

The frogs in the water in the pot on the fire will never realize their asses are cooked. They will just sit blindly by until they croak and die.

Last edited by jaguartx; 04/08/22.

Ecc 10:2
The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but that of a fool to the left.

A Nation which leaves God behind is soon left behind.

"The Lord never asked anyone to be a tax collector, lowyer, or Redskins fan".

I Dindo Nuffin
A
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
A
Jumanji broke the Camels Back..

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
The gas is still flowing.

But Rubble Rubles are not.

Who saw that coming?

A conundrum.

Let bump this on some new news.

Things are getting spicy in the Big Money.

Russia in Default on payment of debt.

April 11 (Reuters) - Russia will take legal action if the West tries to force it to default on its sovereign debt, Finance Minister Anton Siluanov told the pro-Kremlin Izvestia newspaper on Monday, sharpening Moscow's tone in its financial wrestle with the West.

Russia faces its first external sovereign default in more than a century after it made arrangements to make an international bond repayment in roubles last week, even though the payment was due in U.S. dollars. read more

It had been due on April 4 to make a payment of $649 million to holders of two of its sovereign bonds, but the U.S. Treasury blocked the transfer, preventing Russia from using any of its frozen foreign currency reserves to service its debt.

"Of course we will sue, because we have taken all the necessary steps to ensure that investors receive their payments," Siluanov told the newspaper in an interview.

"We will present in court our bills confirming our efforts to pay both in foreign currency and in roubles. It will not be an easy process. We will have to very actively prove our case, despite all the difficulties."

Russian Default

Russia has defaulted on its foreign debt because it offered bondholders payments in rubles, not dollars, credit ratings agency S&P has said.

Russia attempted to pay in rubles for two dollar-denominated bonds that matured on April 4, S&P said in a note on Friday. The agency said this amounted to a “selective default” because investors are unlikely to be able to convert the rubles into “dollars equivalent to the originally due amounts.”

According to S&P, a selective default is declared when an entity has defaulted on a specific obligation but not its entire debt.

Moscow has a grace period of 30 days from April 4 to make the payments of capital and interest, but S&P said it does not expect it will convert them into dollars given Western sanctions that undermine its “willingness and technical abilities to honor the terms and conditions” of its obligations.

A full foreign currency default would be Russia’s first in more than a century, when Bolshevik leader Vladimir Lenin repudiated bonds issued by the Tsarist government.

Russia cannot access roughly $315 billion of its foreign currency reserves as a result of Western sanctions imposed following its invasion of Ukraine. Until last week, the United States allowed Russia to use some of its frozen assets to pay back certain investors in dollars. But the US Treasury has since blocked the country from accessing its reserves at American banks, part of its effort to ramp up pressure on Russian President Vladimir Putin and further diminish his war chest.

John Burns

I have all the sources.

Page 29 of 31 1 2 27 28 29 30 31

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

629 members (06hunter59, 007FJ, 10gaugemag, 10ring1, 17CalFan, 1234, 72 invisible), 2,065 guests, and 1,235 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,888
Posts18,479,129
Members73,947
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.