Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 5 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
Campfire Ranger
OP Online Sleepy
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by CCCC
Folks here only mentioned Hendrix once or twice in the this thread - but seems like a worthy candidate.

Nobody here is surprised Jimi don't make sense to a French Horn aficionado.

Your counting is almost as good as my math as well, which aint saying much.

Screw you! I'm voting for Trump again!

Ecc 10:2
The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but that of a fool to the 24HCF.
GB1

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Never was an Uncle Ted fan.....

"...if the gentlemen of Virginia shall send us a dozen of their sons, we would take great care in their education, instruct them in all we know, and make men of them." Canasatego 1744
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by whackem_stackem
Originally Posted by Steve
Originally Posted by Jim in Idaho

Billy joe shot a man while robbing his castle

And this whole time I thought it was "rubbing his ass-hole". /s

NO, It's Billy Joe shot a man while robbing a Gasso.
Gasso was a chain of gas stations.

Sort of what I heard - "shot a man while robbing his gas-oh"; I figured it meant he was robbing a filling station which made sense for trash like Billy Joe.

Gunnery, gunnery, gunnery.
Hit the target, all else is twaddle!
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Continuing the theme of incoherent noise for noise’s sake, anything by Black Sabbath.....

"...if the gentlemen of Virginia shall send us a dozen of their sons, we would take great care in their education, instruct them in all we know, and make men of them." Canasatego 1744
B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
Originally Posted by TheKid
I watched Willie Nelson “play” a few years ago and what was coming out of his busted old guitar was obviously not what he was hearing in his head. It literally sounded like a small child messing around with a guitar and old Willie was bobbing and jamming like he was really doing something. It was pitiful.

Saw him at Billy Bob’s in Ft. Worth in 2019. I was at a Caterpillar event and they brought him in to play for us. I was kinda looking forward to it; my dad listened to him quite a bit when I was a kid but oh my! Two cats screwing off the back porch would have sounded better than whatever it was he was supposedly doing. Some guy drug his girlfriend over to hear him and left her there at the bar with me and a buddy. We laughed about what kind of man leaves his girl with a couple of geographical bachelors? She said they drove in from some place quite a ways away because her boyfriend was stupid into the ‘legend’ that is Willie. We chatted together for a bit about how terrible he sounded and how she needed to find someone with actual taste in music until I just couldn’t take that racket anymore. I walked back to the hotel. Yes, alone.

Yours in Liberty,

BL
IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Ben_Lurkin
Originally Posted by TheKid
I watched Willie Nelson “play” a few years ago and what was coming out of his busted old guitar was obviously not what he was hearing in his head. It literally sounded like a small child messing around with a guitar and old Willie was bobbing and jamming like he was really doing something. It was pitiful.

Saw him at Billy Bob’s in Ft. Worth in 2019. I was at a Caterpillar event and they brought him in to play for us. I was kinda looking forward to it; my dad listened to him quite a bit when I was a kid but oh my! Two cats screwing off the back porch would have sounded better than whatever it was he was supposedly doing. Some guy drug his girlfriend over to hear him and left her there at the bar with me and a buddy. We laughed about what kind of man leaves his girl with a couple of geographical bachelors? She said they drove in from some place quite a ways away because her boyfriend was stupid into the ‘legend’ that is Willie. We chatted together for a bit about how terrible he sounded and how she needed to find someone with actual taste in music until I just couldn’t take that racket anymore. I walked back to the hotel. Yes, alone.

Well that is just about the most anti climactic story I've ever read.

Congratulations. I think.

J
Campfire Kahuna
Online Happy
Campfire Kahuna
J
Yeah...but he still got lucky.

I am MAGA.
T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
I think there are more than enough musicians from all genres that do not have "wang chung", some songs just make me cringe! You mean to tell me nobody in that recording studio can hear how bad it sounds? In the end , they all have much more money than I do, the ones that are still alive , anyway!

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by Dan700mn
Originally Posted by simonkenton7
Anything by Rush is doo-doo.

You are 100% correct

Blasphemy!!! Alex Zivojinovich is a guitar God!

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Higginez
Folks here only mentioned Hendrix once or twice in the this thread - but seems like a worthy candidate.

Nobody here is surprised Jimi don't make sense to a French Horn aficionado. - - -
Some people might feel entertained, but I would be surprised if he made sense to anyone with a discerning ear.

NRA Member - Life, Benefactor, Patron
IC B3

Campfire Ranger
OP Online Sleepy
Campfire Ranger

Nobody here is surprised Jimi don't make sense to a French Horn aficionado. - - -
Some people might feel entertained, but I would be surprised if he made sense to anyone with a discerning ear.

Most classical snobs would!

Screw you! I'm voting for Trump again!

Ecc 10:2
The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but that of a fool to the 24HCF.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Most classical snobs would!
Listening to Danny Gatton and Joey DeFranceso doing some heavy blues/rock at the moment ("Relentless" album), and playing along a bit. If ever I become a "classical snob", will get back to this thread.

NRA Member - Life, Benefactor, Patron
J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J

I'm sure Willie is past his prime, but he could play at one time. This is NOT a bad solo..

DMc Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Well, I'm confused. Not sure if this thread is about best or worst.

Here are a couple of tunes I really like from WAY back in the day, and you'll certainly never hear them on the radio...

So enjoy or stick a dagger in it. Give em a listen.

Make Gitmo Great Again!!
Who gave the order to stop counting votes in the swing states on the night of November 3/4, 2020?
DMc Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Uno mas

otro

Make Gitmo Great Again!!
Who gave the order to stop counting votes in the swing states on the night of November 3/4, 2020?
J
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
J
[quote=Higginez]

Taylor Swift melody. Check. Okay

Titties on display. Check. Yes and better than Miss Swifts

Red leather. Check. Not this time.

Flat bill cowboy hat. Check. Also not this time.

Hard to find guitar solos these days. 70's and 80's are over Bro.

This was one I was supposed to be at.

Ps. She's not bad for a drummer, just saying.

Last edited by JLimbo; 04/10/22.
H
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
H
Originally Posted by Birdwatcher
Continuing the theme of incoherent noise for noise’s sake, anything by Black Sabbath.....

XM radio sucks azz.
Bon jovi, sabbath, poison, alice cooper, GnR....rotating through 5 friggin channels.

Megadeath " Hangar 18" was on way home. Told the old lady shred is dead. Never could get into that. My guitar nerd buddies ate that chit up.

Now I listen to a lot of diff stuff but shred just doesnt work for me.

F
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
F
Originally Posted by Birdwatcher

I like that song! I like a lot of Black Sabbath though….

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I like The Cars, granted they are more of a studio band than live. Eliot Easton is a mediocre Guitar player at best. WAtch some live Cars and you'll see Easton can barely pull of his own solos.

I actually like the first two songs you listed especially "Just got Paid"

I think Hendricks was over rated though he did influence some guitar players. Keith Richards and Townsend were also over rated.

There's no accounting for Music taste though because Bruce Spermstain is one of the richest men in R&R and I hate his music and think he sucks.

Last edited by 1911a1; 04/11/22.

Figures don't lie, But Liars figure
Assumption is the mother of mistakes
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Willie was pretty good “back in the day” . Went and seen him a few years ago along with Allison Krause and Sturgill Simpson.
Got up and left halfway through Willie . Allison and Sturgill were off the chain.

Worst guitar solo? Any of em’ played by me …..

Last edited by Featherweight6555; 04/11/22. Reason: I spell like I play guitar.

"Aim right, squeeze light"
" Might as well hit what you're aiming at, it kicks the same whether you miss or not"
NRA Life, GOA
Page 5 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

167 members (1minute, 29aholic, 10gaugemag, 805, 338reddog, 45_100, 18 invisible), 2,312 guests, and 1,003 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,758
Posts18,514,931
Members74,017
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.