Hop To
Page 13 of 18 1 2 11 12 13 14 15 17 18
D
DrDeath Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
D
So the switch to the MKII safety from the Tang safety versions was really the only changes in the M77 lineups over the years? And the triggers.

HR IC

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
DrFhuqktard,

The advent of CRF,integral scope bases and multiple triggers,in both single and two stage,along with the introduction of Stainless Steel,if only for starters. Hint.

Fhuqking LAUGHING!...........

Brad says: "Can't fault Rick for his pity letting you back on the fire... but pity it was and remains. Nothing more, nothing less. A sad little man in a sad little dream."
R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
Originally Posted by Big Stick
DrFhuqktard,

The advent of CRF,integral scope bases and multiple triggers,in both single and two stage,along with the introduction of Stainless Steel,if only for starters. Hint.

Hey butthead integral bases were available and common on Tangers, he mentioned triggers and unlike you we don't all soak our rifles every time we catch a fish so stainless is not that big of a deal to us. CRF yes there is a tangible difference.

Dog I rescued in January

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by rickt300
DrFhuqktard,

Hey butthead integral bases were available and common on Tangers, he mentioned triggers and unlike you we don't all soak our rifles every time we catch a fish so stainless is not that big of a deal to us. CRF yes there is a tangible difference.

The other major change was Ruger ending Wilson contract barrels and began producing their own hammer forged barrels shorty after the introduction of the MKII, around 1991 IIRC.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Rickety,

Pardon the simplistic fact,that I wasn't guessing...you "lucky" kchunt. Hint. Congratulations?!?

Nothing is fhuqking FUNNIER,than a Texan trying to "talk" Rifles. Hint.

Fhuqking LAUGHING!................

Brad says: "Can't fault Rick for his pity letting you back on the fire... but pity it was and remains. Nothing more, nothing less. A sad little man in a sad little dream."
IC B2

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Larry: So you’re saying that M77s did not have integral basis prior To the Hawkeye?

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
kchunttexas,

Ruger Hawks' ain't Tang Safetied and I enjoy how deeply your Retardation is rooted...you "lucky" kchunt. Hint. Congratulations?!?

hint.

Fhuqking LAUGHING!................

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I know that, Larry. My question, again, is this: did you say or mean to imply that M77s prior to in introduction of the Hawkeye (AKA tangers) did not have integrated scope bases?
Come on, Larry, let’s have an adult conversation without the name calling and childish gibberish. I know you can do it!

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
kchunttexas,

What you "think" you "know",is the schit that is sooo fhuqking FUNNY...you "lucky" kchunt. Hint. Congratulations?!?

Pardon original Tangers being round topped,if only to your chagrin. Hint.

Fhuqking LAUGHING!..................

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by southtexas
I know that, Larry. My question, again, is this: did you say or mean to imply that M77s prior to in introduction of the Hawkeye (AKA tangers) did not have integrated scope bases?
Come on, Larry, let’s have an adult conversation without the name calling and childish gibberish. I know you can do it!

Adult conversation with Larry?

Any conversation with Larry that doesn't involve name calling and childish gibberish?

Not in this decade or the last I'm sorry to say.

IC B3

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by rickt300
DrFhuqktard,

I don't remember Tangers having integral bases?

G
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
G
The original tangers had integral bases and Ruger rings. The Round Top came out later. GD

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by greydog
The original tangers had integral bases and Ruger rings. The Round Top came out later. GD

Larry: GD is correct. I “know “ because I have two . They have tang safeties and integral scope bases. Imagine that!

This ranks up there with the time you and your magnificent vocabulary tried to tell me that “reinforce” was not a word!

But I’m quite sure you will not admit that either

Have a nice day, Larry. And please keep me in mind if you ever should decide to try having an adult conversation.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
kchunttexas,

What you "think" you "know",is the schit that is sooo fhuqking FUNNY...you "lucky" kchunt. Hint. Congratulations?!?

Pardon original Tangers being round topped,if only to your chagrin. Hint.

D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
How many action lengths did the tangers have? Was the action the same for a 6mm Remington and a 308 or was there a middle size action. I special ordered a tanger in HS with a round top because I didn't care for the Ruger rings. I wished later I had ordered it without sights but I was a kid and thought my iron sights would save the day if my scope died. I also wished I had ordered a 280 and not the 270 I went with.

Last edited by dimecovers5; 04/10/22.
G
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
G
Two action lengths. The 6mm was in the short action. The short action was out for some time before the long action. I can't remember how many years it was until they changed from the funny little bolt handle. Ruger fans, and there were a lot of them, often exaggerated the capabilities of the 77's. GD

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
You CLUELESS Drooltards are a HOOT! Hint.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by greydog
Two action lengths. The 6mm was in the short action. The short action was out for some time before the long action. I can't remember how many years it was until they changed from the funny little bolt handle. Ruger fans, and there were a lot of them, often exaggerated the capabilities of the 77's. GD

Short action from late 1968 thru 1969, then long action introduced in 1970. Flatbolt SA up into 1973, and LA flatbolts from 1970 into 1973 with the rare transition hollowbolt thrown in. By 1974, its the now common roundbolt.

C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
I remember that one could get a M77 tang safety in either round top or integral scope base top. I believe that was in the early 70s. I have a M77R tanger with the integral scope base in .280. After I bedded the action and floated the barrel it became a real good shooter. And, yes, when they first came out they were only available in a short action.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Larry, if you can’t act like an adult, the least you can do is try to understand facts. Listen carefully to this fact:

I HAVE two tangers which have integrated scope mounts. Hence they do exist. I know that’s hard for you to grasp. But if you try REALLY hard…

Page 13 of 18 1 2 11 12 13 14 15 17 18

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

537 members (1234, 10gaugemag, 10Glocks, 17CalFan, 10gaugeman, 160user, 45 invisible), 2,190 guests, and 1,191 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,642
Posts18,493,259
Members73,977
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.