Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4
K
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
K
Stationed in Dunoon for 2 years, I had a great time. Beautiful countryside, Highland Loch’s amazing. I loved their fish and chips, haggis, not at all and not a fan of mutton nor mutton burgers. Lo of fond memories from Scotland!

If your a leftist, whatever Donald Trump says or does, that pisses you off rest assured, I am a Happy Camper!

G
g5m Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Originally Posted by GRF
It’s brilliant!

Edinburgh castle

Inverness

Culloden

Glencoe

Fort William.

The Isle of Skye

The Orkney Islands !! Tons of Viking and Neolithic history.

Lots of hunting and fishing opportunities if you are interested. Tons of cool hiking.

Excellent variety of beers.

Well worth a trip. I’ll be there this June.

Yep. Neat place..

Liberal/progressive as all get-out now if that matters. Beautiful Highlands.

Retired cat herder.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by Spotshooter

What is worth doing if you go there…. I’ve never through the of going to the UK… but I’m looking at where I want to travel, so far Spain & Paris….

Scotland ?

My first wife was British but we lived up in Newcastle not far from the border so we spent a lot of time in Scotland.

I mean there is so much to do and see in Scotland. Do the Scotch Trail for sure. Edinburgh has tons of stuff to see and do. I'm Scotch Irish, Black Irish, Ulster Irish .... the wife back then was British. My current wife is Irish ... dark haired green eyed Irish not one of those nasty red headed acidic tasting freckled ass mean irish women.

Blonde Irish women are okay .... I think it has to do with feminine hygene with the red heads. They use vinegar or something.

Anyways, what were we talking about ...... ? Oh yeah. Scotland.

Some smoke shows in Scotland. If you like dark haired women like I do Scotland is the place and it was no easy task to keep the female bloodlines strong in that country. Still, they're fairly NWO Globalist holier than thou people but it has to do with their wanting to be free of England's yoke.

Loch Ness is a waste of time unless you're going-to-be there for a week or more and just wanna see some pretty country.

I would advise you to do an Atlas Obscura account and find things that interest you and then follow your nose. Get off the beaten path. Don't drive drunk!

What you think about, you do ... what you do, you become.
In a nation where anything goes ... eventually, everything will. We're almost there.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
"Rodney, get me butcherin' tools!"

😆

B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
Would like to visit the highlands, clanmans here

IC B2

M
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
M
Back in 86, I did a 7 day hunting trip to Scotland in May. It was for Roe deer and trout fishing, but it had rained so much the rivers were high and dirty so I just hunted. Shot 4 of the little deer, a bunch of wood pigeons,and had a great time 2 nights shooting rabbits with a suppressed Anschuts semi auto 22 . We used Winchester "husher" sub sonic ammo made in Austraila . Didn't go to any cities, just drove to farms and estates where the outfitter had contacts, but one place was way up north where the sun came up about 3 am. The complete trip, air fare, tips, and all came to about $1200. bucks as I remember. Always wanted to go back but other trips, and women, got in the way. I would say go, the country is beautiful as I remember it, reminded me a lot of Wyoming.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Yes, Spent nearly two weeks there back in 2000. Very beautiful and I’d do it again even the politics have gotten far worse .

"I Birn Quhil I Se" MacLeod of Lewis
I Burn While I See
Hold Fast MacLeod of Harris
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by 280shooter
Lagavulin

Ardbeg

Laphroaig

Bruichladdich

Caol Ila

Ardnahoe

Bowmore

Bunnahabhain

Kilchoman

You have good taste

"I Birn Quhil I Se" MacLeod of Lewis
I Burn While I See
Hold Fast MacLeod of Harris
A
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
A
They don’t Allow Drink’n till after 5 in the Pubs for good reason .. Hahahahahaha

P
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
P
Originally Posted by cooper57m
Originally Posted by Stormin_Norman
Do yourself a favor and hit Greece. Spain is nice, Paris is way over-rated , UK .. meh. I would rate Athens above all of them, Spain maybe second.

I thought Athens was ugly. Lots of old broken stuff and graffiti on everything but the old broken stuff. Then you had the gypsies hassling you. I liked the Greek Isles but Athens - meh. The food was good tho.

The ruins and museum are nearly incredible. The dogs and gypsies nit so great. Of all the food I have eaten abroad, Greek is my favorite. Fantastic.

IC B3

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
I too would someday like to visit Scotland. I descend from the people of The Isle of Skye through my dad.

T
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
T
Scotland is generally accepted as the birthplace of golf. Walking across the Swilcan Bridge at St Andrews is on my bucket list. If I make it to 65, I’ll do it.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~

3-7-77
E
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
E
Originally Posted by Timbermaster
Scotland is generally accepted as the birthplace of golf. Walking across the Swilcan Bridge at St Andrews is on my bucket list. If I make it to 65, I’ll do it.

Been to the "island" three times, Ireland was my family's birth place, both Scotland and Ireland are bothe outstanding places, as well as England proper. I would go back in a min. St Andrews is rough in comparison to our courses, but you can look at the North Sea from there. Castles are everywhere.. There history started a long long time before ours. GO

Last edited by elkmen1; 04/12/22.
Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

550 members (1234, 10gaugeman, 1OntarioJim, 1badf350, 1lesfox, 007FJ, 54 invisible), 2,208 guests, and 1,216 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,352
Posts18,506,261
Members74,000
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.