Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
B
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
B
Ingenuity usually means a clever way of doing things. Stupid sheet don’t qualify.

I’m vadering that flower idea!

Yours in Liberty,

BL
GB1

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I am not a witness to this, but I heard it from two independent sources at different times. (Hey, it’s more than good enough for CNN, right?) This person (identified by name by both sources) bought an army surplus parachute so he could go parasailing behind a 1970s Dodge Super Bee. He would run behind the car while it gained speed and someone would throw up the chute and he would sail. Unfortunately, on one run the chute got messed up and he came down from about telephone pole height and was a human scab for a while. Both sources also indicated that the same person had built a motorized bicycle out of a kid’s banana seat bike and a chain saw. These are north Louisiana stories, so it adds a lot of credibility to them.

One of the sources on that story had a relative in Illinois who rigged up a homemade airboat and ran it on a small pond and somehow lost a part of an arm in the crash in front of observers (probably while someone held his beer). I have to write my source and get the details on that one, because it has been a while since I heard it. My source also claims that he had a relative in Illinois who had a bit of a drinking problem and reached into a secret hiding spot on the farm to get his stash and wound up drinking stump killer instead. Apparently, it doesn’t just kill stumps.

Good stories no matter what, and something to which some may aspire.

"Don't believe everything you see on the Internet" - Abraham Lincoln
Years ago had a Corvair that didn't have any seats. We sat on 5 gallon buckets. Came to a stop sign and stopped too fast and bucket tipped over, throwing me to the deck. Unfortunately a cop was across from us and saw me disappear. Came over and saw what we had and just laughed. Told us to go home.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
The original bucket seats.

"Don't believe everything you see on the Internet" - Abraham Lincoln
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Rusted out hole in the floor of my first car. I am somewhat ashamed to admit but it was much like an in car trash can that never needed emptying. Put a piece of tractor fender and a floor mat over it in the winter.

Later a piece of seamless steam pipe for a jeep bumper. Worked great. Much stronger than a fire hydrant.

A person who's happy will make others happy. Anne Frank
IC B2

I
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I
acetylene A trash bag and an ignition source,,, lots of story’s there

We might have to be neighbors, but I don’t have to be neighborly. John Chisum
M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
Originally Posted by Geno67
Rusted out hole in the floor of my first car. I am somewhat ashamed to admit but it was much like an in car trash can that never needed emptying. Put a piece of tractor fender and a floor mat over it in the winter.

Later a piece of seamless steam pipe for a jeep bumper. Worked great. Much stronger than a fire hydrant.

In about 1997 I had a '74 Ford f100 that had a rust holes in floor. An "acquired" pair of road speed limit signs and some rivets fixed it nicely!!

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
In college in Upstate NY in the 70’s for a while I drove a rusted-out AMC Scout 4WD. Holes everywhere, driver’s side doorlock had rusted clean out of the door. When driving I would thread a belt around the driver’s door armrest and my thigh to hold the door mostly closed.

"...if the gentlemen of Virginia shall send us a dozen of their sons, we would take great care in their education, instruct them in all we know, and make men of them." Canasatego 1744
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
This isn't really ingenuity, but I had a POS pickup one time that had so much permenant dirt in the cracks between the body and bumper, as well as in the bed that I had plants growing out of them. I kept them and even watered them at times.

Same rig had a rusted out hole in the floorboard to spit Cope juice through. I may have even pissed out of the floorboard hole once while driving. There may or may not have also been some bullet holes in the hood and tailgate. Parallax is a bitch.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by IA_fog
acetylene A trash bag and an ignition source,,, lots of story’s there

Seen one touch off from static rolling across the parking lot.

Originally Posted by BrentD

I would not buy something that runs on any kind of primer given the possibility of primer shortages and even regulations. In fact, why not buy a flintlock? Really. Rocks aren't going away anytime soon.
IC B3

W
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
W
Originally Posted by T_Inman
This isn't really ingenuity, but I had a POS pickup one time that had so much permenant dirt in the cracks between the body and bumper, as well as in the bed that I had plants growing out of them. I kept them and even watered them at times.

Same rig had a rusted out hole in the floorboard to spit Cope juice through. I may have even pissed out of the floorboard hole once while driving. There may or may not have also been some bullet holes in the hood and tailgate. Parallax is a bitch.

My first vehicle, a '54 Chevy PU with those curved side windows, had corn growing in the bed, and front fenders that flapped like elephant ears. Couldn't budge the spark plugs so I just left them in.

Paid $50 for it, sold it for $60.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Broke the long tie rod on my Dad's dune buggy about twelve miles in. Bailing wired a crescent wrench to it. Then a pair of pliers. Duct taped her for good measure and bombed around the rest of the day. Even flat towed it home 20 miles or so.

Might rethink that one today though.

Screw you! I'm voting for Trump again!

Ecc 10:2
The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but that of a fool to the 24HCF.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Busted a throttle return spring driving big rig in the mountains in the middle of the night just trying to get home. There was no spare spring so I duct taped my boot to the accelerator pedal so I could lift as needed.

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

101 members (badwolf, 257 mag, 35, BABore, 12 invisible), 1,445 guests, and 918 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,623
Posts18,474,066
Members73,941
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.