Page 4 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by tedthorn
Originally Posted by 12344mag
The funny thing about work nicknames

Behind your back your coworkers have one or two for you....

Oh Boy, that's very bothersome.........

You have impressive thickness of skin and such skill with words

Whoops, I didn't finish my sentence.

Oh Boy, that's very bothersome.........If'n yer a pussy.

Paul

"I'd rather see a sermon than hear a sermon".... D.A.D.

Trump Won!, Sandmann Won!, Rittenhouse Won!, Suck it Liberal Fuuktards.

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla

GB1

S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
Originally Posted by 7mmMato
Until I got older any new job always came with a new nickname and catching a lot of [bleep] from everyone. You roll with the punches unless it gets personal. Do your job and dont be a bitch and pretty soon you are part of the team. Sensitive types never last. We had one fella we named Illene because he was always leaning on something.

That's kind of how it was in the firehouse. All the new kids get called kid. We all took a certain amount of chit for our rookie mistakes but there was always some vet that took pity and would help you unfug yourself. Now some of these stupid rookies fresh out of the academy will roll their eyes when you give them some extra chore to do.

Fight fire, save lives, laugh in the face of danger.

Stupid always finds a way.
Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by smarquez
Originally Posted by 7mmMato
Until I got older any new job always came with a new nickname and catching a lot of [bleep] from everyone. You roll with the punches unless it gets personal. Do your job and dont be a bitch and pretty soon you are part of the team. Sensitive types never last. We had one fella we named Illene because he was always leaning on something.

That's kind of how it was in the firehouse. All the new kids get called kid. We all took a certain amount of chit for our rookie mistakes but there was always some vet that took pity and would help you unfug yourself. Now some of these stupid rookies fresh out of the academy will roll their eyes when you give them some extra chore to do.

Lol, one time the fire dept had a guy on it that when he missed a call he'd sit on a 5 gallon bucket and pout because they left without him.

They named him Bucket, LMAO!

Paul

"I'd rather see a sermon than hear a sermon".... D.A.D.

Trump Won!, Sandmann Won!, Rittenhouse Won!, Suck it Liberal Fuuktards.

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by worriedman
I can remember a walking boss I had that would sidle up to a guy loafing and tell him "I am the only fugger gets to stand and watch, get to work or get gone." There was a day you could do that.

I’m wont to point out to employees standing around that I don’t need a supervisor. I’m guessing half or more don’t get it.....

Some years back we had Mickey. Mickey got nicknamed dumbass. He started answering to it. Nice enough kid, 2 year college education, but thought a 1/4” screen was smaller than 1/8th” screen. That turned out to be an expensive day on the fish farm.......

Sic Semper Tyrannis
A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Originally Posted by alwaysoutdoors
Originally Posted by AJ300MAG
Had a "toolmaker" at work who couldn't hold tolerances worth a fůck on a lathe. He'd get a shaft down to about .005" oversized and out comes the 220 emery cloth. Ever after he became known as "220"

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

POS Lathe

Oh hell it got better...

One night I'm getting slammed with walk-ups from a major break down when my boss tries to give 220 a hot job. Ole 220 tells the boss he can't do the job, he doesn't know how to run one of the bigger lathes in the shop. Boss comes over to me, tells me to show 220 how the levers on the lathe work. We head over to the lathe department, calls 220 over and I explain the controls to him. Boss tells him to get busy, while doing so the boss cranks the cross slide handle a turn. 220 blows up, tells the boss he wants a committee man to file a grievance against him. Then 220 starts running his mouth trying to throw me under the bus. 220 starts to walk away, I tell him to come back and we'll settle this right quick. 220 hesitates for a minute, I tell him it's party time, come on back. Boss takes off headed out of the shop, guess he didn't want to watch the a$$ whoppin that was about take place. 220 recognizes that I wasn't playing, couldn't get out of the shop fast enough. Few hours later the committee man comes up and asks what happened. He tells me that 220 filed a complaint against the boss for walking off leaving him alone with me to get his a$$ kicked. Then 220 trys to use my size against me crying that if I caught him I'd break him in half. 🤣

IC B2

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by 12344mag
Was doing a half assed job so I named him 50%, I thought the Boss was gonna schit his pants laughing.

He was probably thinking you were complimenting him as those were his marks in school.

It takes a village to raise an idiot.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
My sons are partners in a business where their sons each worked at times before they moved on in life. One younger son, Ben, is there now. Last week they had a new hire who was paired to work with Ben, who has become a savvy, hard working foreman. That evening the bookkeeper wanted some more info from the new guy and asked where he was.

“Ben sent him home,” one of the men said. Ben explained later that the kid didn’t work, wasn’t teachable and just was not a fit on this job, so he laid him off right away before it got worse.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
A couple of wormy guys in the oilfield #1&#2
One was a partial tard and two was a total tard

Only Dead Fish Go With The Flow
J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J

Had another goofy guy where I used to work that was literally a walking, talking, breathing, disaster. His real given first name was that of a well known city in Texas so he gave himself the nickname of, "Tex", although he never had stepped foot in Texas in his entire life. He even made himself a belt buckle out of a piece of brass and inscribed, "Tex" in big letters across the front. He always wore the buckle so the "Tex" was upside down, though, and when asked why his reply was "so when I look down I can read it".

"Tex" had had some high school vocational training in commercial / residential electricity so got accepted into the company industrial electrician apprenticeship program. He didn't last long though after wiring a big bug zapper to 440 volt instead of 220. Don't know if it was true or just shop humor but some claimed when a bug got within a foot of the 440v zapper it was fried instantly. His brother-in-law worked there too and said he had made the mistake of letting, "Tex", wire his new house and had to have it all torn out and redone.

"Tex" then went into a Job and Die Setter classification. Lost count of the die sets he crashed. "Tex" liked to drive fork-trucks pedal to the metal. While transferring a big die set via fork-truck from factory to outside tooling storage building one evening he hit the slightly elevated concrete floor entrance at high speed and literally catapulted the big 1,000 lb + die set off the forks and into the air a good 3 feet, landing on it's side, top half of die off of guide pins bending 2 of 4, 3 inch thick guide pins.

Last I heard of "Tex" he had went to a truck driving school to get a CDL but got washed out. Seems while on an extended ride-along test on an interstate he convinced his instructor it was okay for him to take a short nap while he drove. Apparently, "Tex" being "Tex", all full of his usual self confidence and enthusiasm got distracted or mind wandered, hit and ran over concrete median, corrected and ran back over median, bouncing instructor all over cab and out of his nap. Instructor promptly ordered "Tex" to pull over, got out, walked over to driver's door, told "Tex" to get down out of cab, instructor climbed behind the wheel, shut driver door and drove off leaving "Tex" standing there on the side of the highway.

"Tex' was the classic example of perpetual optimism, self-confidence and enthusiasm gone awry...

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
If I wasn't working in a hospital being a nurse....or corpsman in the military,
then I worked in field sales, so I was on my own... never had to worry about someone who was a lazy ass....

always worked longer and smarter than most of my contemporaries did, in any field job I did...

my numbers always showed it.... and so did my pay checks...

but those worth a crap, I use to go close business for them, that they weren't able to.. just to show them how its done...

could have taken half the business credit for the sale, but never did... was raised to be a team player... and always held true to that...

always shared credit for my support people, and got them their promotions and raises... that came back to me all the time...in loyalty and support...

"Minus the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the Country" Marion Barry, Mayor of Wash DC

“Owning guns is not a right. If it were a right, it would be in the Constitution.” ~Alexandria Ocasio Cortez

IC B3

S
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
S
Originally Posted by IndyCA35

I had a salesman who started wearing a leather purse. The customers were "bull of the woods" types. So I told him to ditch the purse. He argued and told me it wasn't a purse but some kind of bag etc.

U
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
U
I had a shop gopher once that I started calling "speedbump"...he wasn't totally useless, he could still be functional as a speedbump.

Never try to teach a pig to sing...
...it wastes your time and annoys the pig!
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
We used to have a plumb bob tied to a carabiner. Would hook it on the rear belt loop of "Flash".
He would get pizzed, we told him we had to see if he was moving or not.

Roy

What this world needs is a few more Rednecks.

The Dildō Of Consequence Rarely Arrives Lubed

Waterboarding isn't illegal if you use diesel

P
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
P
Originally Posted by joken2

Used to have a pair of goofy 'alleged' industrial maintenance men were I worked I tagged with the nicknames, Lenny & Squiggy, because they resembled those characters on the old Laverne and Shirley TV series.

Everybody dreaded when they showed up to work on something because you could pretty well bet the farm with full confidence that it would have to be redone, often even before they got out of sight.

Ha Ha we had Lenny and Squiggy too! They were like a comedy act and I looked forward to work because the of the laughs I got listening to the banter. Other than that they were worthless and did no work whatsoever unless someone stood there and directed every move.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by 16penny

I worked night shift with those two guys.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by alwaysoutdoors
Had a "toolmaker" at work who couldn't hold tolerances worth a fůck on a lathe. He'd get a shaft down to about .005" oversized and out comes the 220 emery cloth. Ever after he became known as "220"

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

POS Lathe

Oh hell it got better...

One night I'm getting slammed with walk-ups from a major break down when my boss tries to give 220 a hot job. Ole 220 tells the boss he can't do the job, he doesn't know how to run one of the bigger lathes in the shop. Boss comes over to me, tells me to show 220 how the levers on the lathe work. We head over to the lathe department, calls 220 over and I explain the controls to him. Boss tells him to get busy, while doing so the boss cranks the cross slide handle a turn. 220 blows up, tells the boss he wants a committee man to file a grievance against him. Then 220 starts running his mouth trying to throw me under the bus. 220 starts to walk away, I tell him to come back and we'll settle this right quick. 220 hesitates for a minute, I tell him it's party time, come on back. Boss takes off headed out of the shop, guess he didn't want to watch the a$$ whoppin that was about take place. 220 recognizes that I wasn't playing, couldn't get out of the shop fast enough. Few hours later the committee man comes up and asks what happened. He tells me that 220 filed a complaint against the boss for walking off leaving him alone with me to get his a$$ kicked. Then 220 trys to use my size against me crying that if I caught him I'd break him in half. 🤣

Ok.....union shop
That tells an entire story within itself

Maker of the Frankenstud Sling Keeper
S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
The first year i was Piledriving i thought my real name was," GOD DAM THAT F ING KID." Sharp learning curve back then,show up every day,on time ready to work,do as you are told,when you are told how you are told and keep your mouth shut.

A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Originally Posted by 45_100

So, you met my brother Daryl and my other brother Daryl...

grin

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by 45_100

So, you met my brother Daryl and my other brother Daryl...grin

These guys looked like they came right out of the movie Deliverance. They were brothers. We worked 11 at night to 11 the next morning.

B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
Had a guy named “can’t”. He always had an excuse why something couldn’t get done.

Yours in Liberty,

BL
Page 4 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

334 members (160user, 22kHornet, 22magnut, 1OntarioJim, 257robertsimp, 06hunter59, 34 invisible), 1,399 guests, and 1,031 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,096
Posts18,522,196
Members74,026
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.