Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
E
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
E
Anyone have or had a tough grandmother? I had a German grandmother named Elnora Grams. She was born in Otto which is in Falls County Texas in the basement of the local church. She married my grandfather who was the son of an immigrant from Germany. His last name was Busch. They spoke fluent German . My grandfather worked 3 jobs. One night when grandpaw was working nights at General Tire, grandmaw told my dad to go feed the cows. My dad told her to do it herself. Grandmaw hit him in the head with a bucket and knocked his azz out! Her son’s wife called her a b¡tch one time and my grandmaw grabbed her by the throat and beat her down with a child’s potty chair. I’ll tell you what though, I never wondered if my grandmaw loved us. She raised us good. I really miss my old grandmaw.

GB1

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
My grandma was a strong woman of German ancestry. She lived for her family and grandchildren. I heard stories about her being “tougher” on my my mom and uncles. A no nonsense but incredibly loving and good woman.

As a young teen I made a rude comment about my uncle. She called me out for it rightfully so. She told me that he was my elder and her son. I obviously still remember it and the positive impression that it made. She was the matriarch that held our family together and will never be replaced.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
My grandmother was born in Indian Territory before it became Oklahoma. Moved to Fisher County Texas with her many sisters and one brother when she was a child. Raised two kids and helped with many grandkids and a few great-grands before she passed.

Tough as leather and sweet as molasses.

Miss her lots.

H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H
My grandparents owned a restaurant in the 1950's on Nashville's lower Broadway, about a block from the Ryman Auditorium- - -home of the Grand Ole Opry for many years. They lived in one of the upstairs rooms in the building, and rented several sleeping rooms on the two upper stories by the night. One morning my grandmother was standing in her room wearing undergarments and a slip, and ironing her work uniform for her upcoming shift at the restaurant, when a tenant decided to make a pass at her. She unplugged the iron she was using, chased him down the stairs with it, and pursued him for a block down Broadway before he managed to get away. Tough- - - -you bet!

Ignorance can be fixed. Stupid is forever!
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
Unwelcome preacher at Harvest Time..." Well Mrs "R" I see the Lord has really blessed your Garden again this year".... Grandma... "I suppose i didn't have a God Damn Thing to do with it"...

IC B2

S
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
S
I had my dad's mother living in the apartment above us from before my birth until she passed at 95. She was very strong willed. she taught me so much and did nice things for me. Miss her so much.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Dad's mom was.

All of 4'11".

Tough as boot leather.

If the Church of Christ would have had nuns, she would have been one. wink She was at church at least 3 times a week.

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
Both grandfathers were long dead before I was born....
Spent a lot of time with both my grandmothers as both my parents worked......

God blessed me with that whole situation......

O
OGB Offline
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
O
Mom's mom was Scott. Strong, stubborn and loving.
Dad's mom was Lakota. Mean, mean and mean.

Bore size is no substitute for shot placement and
Power is no substitute for bullet performance. 458WIN
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
My paternal grandmother was a Fritz, of German ancestry. I could literally write a book about her. Granny, as we called her, was a very strong and outspoken woman. People still talk about her today, and she has been gone since 1985. We lived in a big farmhouse with my grandparents, and she was in many ways just as much of a mother to me than was my mother. She was a storyteller supreme, and I still have some of the stories she wrote down at my request. I still miss her even today.

My maternal grandmother was part Cherokee Indian, and looked it.I wasn't around her very much, and when I was there were always a dozen other grand kids wanting attention. She was a good person and a very good cook.

IC B3

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by Edwin264
Anyone have or had a tough grandmother? I had a German grandmother named Elnora Grams. She was born in Otto which is in Falls County Texas in the basement of the local church. She married my grandfather who was the son of an immigrant from Germany. His last name was Busch. They spoke fluent German . My grandfather worked 3 jobs. One night when grandpaw was working nights at General Tire, grandmaw told my dad to go feed the cows. My dad told her to do it herself. Grandmaw hit him in the head with a bucket and knocked his azz out! Her son’s wife called her a b¡tch one time and my grandmaw grabbed her by the throat and beat her down with a child’s potty chair. I’ll tell you what though, I never wondered if my grandmaw loved us. She raised us good. I really miss my old grandmaw.

Style points for use of the potty chair.

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
O
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
O
My grandmother was born in the late 1880’s on the prairie in a sod cabin. Chuck Norris has nothing on her.

Osky

A woman's heart is the hardest rock the Almighty has put on this earth and I can find no sign on it.
B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
My grandmother was a 6th grade teacher with severe arthritis, 2 artificial knees and 2 artificial hips. She was reduced to about 4'10' and 100# at the time. It was quite an effort for her simply to get to her 3rd floor classroom each day. After one of her many surgeries, one of her students wouldn't stop talking. I was in her class toward the front when, from the back you heard Gary start up again. There was a loud CRACK and then "Now, dammit, you'll be quiet!" She'd snuck up behind him and corked him back of the head with her casted arm. My grandfather was her head custodian, who kept all of the teachers there well-supplied with the world's best paddles, but he knew she was the boss, at work and at home.

J
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
J
Mine will be 86 this year. She lives on the farm her and my grandfather bought in 51. They were truck farmers on the side. I’m 43 and spent at least 1-2 nights a week with them. Now my kids (12 & 8) spend at least 1 night a week down there. In my 43 years I’ve never seen her talk bad about another person but she will throw out an “i will pray for you” real quick if pissed 😂🤣. A couple years ago she fell and broke her hip. Walked on it for 4 days before going to doctor 🤦🏻‍♂️

She still mows her own grass, drives, etc. she’s in great shape!! But you damn well better announce yourself if you show up at night unexpected. She has a revolver and is not afraid to use it 😂😂. She can hold her own shooting a .22 and clays as well.

Honestly she’s an amazing woman. Spent her whole life loving, nurturing and taking care of friends and family.

Last edited by Joshm28; 04/13/22.
Campfire Savant
Campfire Savant
You didn’t give mine any lip, had switch from fig tree.

L
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
L
Originally Posted by Edwin264
my grandmaw grabbed her by the throat and beat her down with a child’s potty chair. I

Was it empty? Or did she stop when she thought that she beat the chit out of her ?

Roy

What this world needs is a few more Rednecks.

The Dildō Of Consequence Rarely Arrives Lubed

Waterboarding isn't illegal if you use diesel

T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
Grandma was full-blooded Norwegian and my ears still hurt from her grabbing them while switching me with a lilac limb. Grandma's are the greatest.

Life is good live it while you can.
C
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
C
My grandmother was born in 1900. My paternal grandfather, like many of the men in our family was a drunken philanderer. Sometime after her 3rd son (my father) was born she sent him packing and ran the farm by herself. Her two older sons signed on right after Pearl Harbor. My father was still in high school and she made him finish before joining the Navy (although he was sure the war would be over by then. It wasn’t.) She, like a lot of women, went to work in a defense plant. Unlike a lot of women, she stayed on after the war. She retired at 65 and, like many of our family, wasn’t very good at it. She ended up working into her 80’s. She kept a Savage 24, .22/.410 by the back door and whenever she thought she heard “prowlers” out around the barn at night would let fly with with a couple rounds of.410 out across the horse pasture. I still have her H&R too-break 5 shot.32 revolver that she carried when she thought necessary. She left us at 95.

Mathew 22: 37-39

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by hanco
You didn’t give mine any lip, had switch from fig tree.

My mother believed in multi-tasking any object which was in her reach as suitable for beating her baby boy (me). I learnt real quick to step lively around that woman.

G
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
G
My grandmother was born in 1890’s Indian territory, Le Flore County Oklahoma. She graduated collage, was captain of her Collage Basket ball team at just over 5 feet tall. An essay she wrote in high school was on display at the worlds fair in New Your City. She fought in court for many years to beat back crooked land grabbers trying to steal family owned property with gas wells and the Sand Plant that mined silica sand that had been in the family for years.

She didn’t take sh…….t from no one. She had a shrewd lawyer by the name John Boyce McKeel. Being a single woman trying to do business in Oklahoma was tough. She also endured a husband (my Grand Father being railroaded to prison for 8 years on trumped charges. He was finally released once truth came out and politics changed.

She was a well educated nice lady, but tough as nails. Never went to a doctor in her life until about 1972.

They don’t make many like my Grandmother anymore. Her stories about growing up in Indian Territory I will never forget. It was not an easy life. Her version of history with documents to prove it and her knowledge of the civil war and what really went on were amazing. I learned a lot from her. Being tough on issues you have to deal and polite at the same time was one of them.

Last edited by GringoCazador; 04/13/22.

Thanks, Billy
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

66 members (308ld, 808outdoors, 35, 10gaugemag, 257robertsimp, 99Ozarks, 3 invisible), 1,135 guests, and 749 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,868
Posts18,478,685
Members73,948
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.