Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
C
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
C
Well, the Conservative leadership race is underway.
Pierre Pollievre might be the front runner at this time.
He is young, appears to have a growing support, and I like his agenda. He might be the guy that brings Quebec back to the Conservative's side.
His belief system is quite opposite of the fool who is the P.M's office now.
I am a card carrying Federal Conservative, so my interest is fairy keen.
We need a P.M. that represents the rest of Canada.
Y'know like myself and everyone I know.
God Bless & enjoy your day, folks

GB1

S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
Yes, and for those who aren’t members, you can get it here.

https://donate.conservative.ca/membership/
---

This is politicking, but if he can manage to do a few of the things he promises, we'll be ahead. He wants to build the pipeline, amend the firearms laws, get rid of the carbon tax, and others.

Pierre Poilievre tells Calgary supporters he'll build pipelines in all directions
An estimated 5,000 people turned out to the event in south Calgary
Jade Markus · CBC News · Posted: Apr 13, 2022

Conservative party leadership hopeful Pierre Poilievre was in Calgary, his hometown, on Tuesday night, holding a campaign rally at the Spruce Meadows Equi-Plex that drew thousands of supporters.

Poilievre's leadership campaign pitch to the crowd included a long list — criticism of Prime Minister Justin Trudeau's government, the cost of housing, inflation, axing the consumer carbon tax, cutting red tape for farmers and the role of the West in Canada's future.

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/calgary/poilievre-calgary-rally-1.6418474

Safe Shooting!
Steve Redgwell
www.303british.com

Get your facts first, then you can distort them as you please. - Mark Twain
Member - Professional Outdoor Media Association of Canada
[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]
W
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
W
And he's openly supported the truckers from the beginning. Though I still like Leslyn Lewis, Pierre is doing a good job.

How anyone can even think about voting for that wolf in sheep's clothing Charest is beyond me.

K
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
K
I bought a party membership—do I get to vote in leadership convention?

S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
You do. Look under Membership. Your association will discuss support of declared delegates.

4.2.4 vote for, and stand for election as, a delegate or alternate delegate at any meeting called by an electoral district association in which that person resides or serves as a board member, for the selection of delegates or alternate delegates to any national convention of the Party;

https://cpcassets.conservative.ca/wp-content/uploads/2019/04/03155337/KXBCNkWf-X3IDtR.pdf

See also National Conventions 7.5

Safe Shooting!
Steve Redgwell
www.303british.com

IC B2

R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
Steve do you even remember what party’s facist policies you bragged about supporting the past two years? Do you have dementia or something or just a soulless immoral human being who supports whatever is popular?

P
PSE Offline
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
P
Give it a rest

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Hey, ribka there is always me to go after .

You can hunt longer with wind at your back
673 Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I like Pete Poilievre, and also like Leslyn Lewis for different reasons. There are a number of MP's that really impress me from pretty much every Province, especially Alberta.
I think we are in good hands with Pete.

S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
No worries, guys. I put him on ignore a while ago.

Proverbs 26, verse 4, reminds us not to reply to a fool, or you yourself may become a fool like him.

Going forward, Poliviere seems to be the one. At least, he has my support. Charest changes parties like he changes his underwear. Like Charest, Brown is only interested in a paycheque. He goes where the wind blows him.

The mail in ballots should be here sometime in the summer, according to the email I got today.

Safe Shooting!
Steve Redgwell
www.303british.com

IC B3

W
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
W
I like Leslyn and I think she could beat Turdeau, but I think we’ll end up with Pierre. I don’t think he’s a bad guy, but I don’t know that he can beat Turdeau.

And remember, it’s 3 years until the next election, so the media has a lot of time to manufacture crap.

R
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
R
We need a conservative leader who has the best chance of getting elected and defeating Trudeau, not just whether we like him .

N
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
N
Whomever is chosen as leader of the Conservatives it’ll be an uphill battle to win the next election as the legacy media will support the Liberals. I also don’t believe Trudeau will be the Liberal leader next go around. There are still many people that follow the legacy media. I had lunch several days ago with former work colleagues and they were opposed to the Freedom convoy and supported the PM and Jagmeet. They both watched CTV news. We agreed to disagree on that topic.

Nick

P
PSE Offline
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
P
Pierre Pollievre will have my vote for the leadership race. The Liberals seem quite fearful of him as judged by the uptick of personal attacks on him.

The other reason is that they know he can handle himself very well in a debate in both official languages. He has a quick wit and excellent command of the facts. He was most impressive as Finance Critic especially when it comes to scandals such as the WE scandal.

He appears to champion the legitimate gun owner in Canada and is knowledgeable about the issue - something I'm not sure LL is, even if she says all the right things.

I remember how Erin O'toole got ambushed in Vancouver at the last election concerning this and came away weak, looking like a deer in the headlights. This will not happen to PP.

LL is a fine person and a true blue Conservative but her lack of French language skills will hurt her and the party in the next election debates. Like it or not mastery of the French language is essential to become leader of this country.

Y
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Y
No PPC fans here?

S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
Originally Posted by PSE
Pierre Pollievre will have my vote for the leadership race. The Liberals seem quite fearful of him as judged by the uptick of personal attacks on him.

The other reason is that they know he can handle himself very well in a debate in both official languages. He has a quick wit and excellent command of the facts. He was most impressive as Finance Critic especially when it comes to scandals such as the WE scandal.

He appears to champion the legitimate gun owner in Canada and is knowledgeable about the issue - something I'm not sure LL is, even if she says all the right things.

I remember how Erin O'toole got ambushed in Vancouver at the last election concerning this and came away weak, looking like a deer in the headlights. This will not happen to PP.

LL is a fine person and a true blue Conservative but her lack of French language skills will hurt her and the party in the next election debates. Like it or not mastery of the French language is essential to become leader of this country.

I agree that Poilievre can handle himself. When he goes on the attack, he can be a hard ass. Certainly a contrast to Trudeau's touchy-feely approach. I haven't received any mail or email from the leadership candidates except for Poilievre. He is certainly going after votes earlier than the rest, it seems.

Lewis has her Jamaican origins, as well as being a black female. In today's world, that carries a lot of sway. She is bright and well read. If she hasn't said it already, she will say that she can learn French, and probably can. The only thing that would sink her is the French language debates. The nuances are usually missed. Spontaneity is difficult too in another language.

Poilievre has the smarts, the political background, ties to both the West and Ontario, and speaks French.

When things heat up, it will be interesting to see where the majority of Conservatives lean.

Safe Shooting!
Steve Redgwell
www.303british.com

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by yukon254
No PPC fans here?

yukon254;
Good afternoon almost evening to you my friend, I hope that this Easter weekend has been a blessed one for you and yours.

With the understanding that as always it's only one little old guy's thoughts on the matter, I'd say no, not at this time.

The PPC has attracted some very good candidates and some that are less so.

When he was a minister in the Harper government some of his actions if not careless, were at very least not careful enough in my view.

Way back in the day I was a proud supporter of the Reform Party, but Maxime isn't Preston Manning by a large margin I'd say and that's definitely a huge part of it for me.

Then there's the issue of how long we can endure as a nation under the present regime.

By that I mean that I do not see enough time for the PPC to gain enough traction to make a difference - that based again upon what the Reform party went through and my goodness it had grass roots support that I don't see for the PPC at present.

So for me, while my personal views might align closer with the stated views of the PPC, I don't believe there's enough support now and perhaps will be for awhile in our current situation here in Canada.

Could it change? Absolutely it could because non of us saw the last two years coming and if we did and we'd suggested what would happen, we would have been dismissed as delusional correct?

Pierre has been a politician for a long, long time and that troubles me on several levels.

That said, there has to be some worthy politicians left don't there? If not then truly the outlook is more bleak than even the most jaded of us envision.

I hope that Pierre wins the leadership and that he becomes our next PM. Then I hope and pray that there's enough of whatever is needed to turn some of this all around.

Again, to my way of seeing things, the alternative might well be quite stark and possibly brutal.

We'll see.

Regardless of that, Happy and Blessed Easter to you all.

Dwayne

The most important stuff in life isn't "stuff"

Y
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Y
Dwayne, we have enjoyed a quiet Easter weekend so far. We are still recovering from a trip to Alberta . Our oldest daughter had her first baby a couple weeks ago, so we had to go meet our new granddaughter. Its just over 1500 km for us, but my guess is we will be making that drive more often now. My wife and I are both smitten with the little girl. They grow up so fast.

Anyway, I do agree with your logic. Especially your concerns about Pierre. My pick is Leslyn Lewis, but I really dont think she can win. My concern with the conservatives is their inaction on a number of things during the last two years.

We had a fellow here running for MP that even our local liberal paper said would easily win. Maybe you heard about it ? Jonas Smith is the fellows name. Anyway two weeks before the election, O'Toole pulled the rug out from under him and wouldnt let him run. His stated reason was that Jonas had said publicly on numerous occasions that he was against the vaccine passports.

That left a real bad taste in my mouth. Because of that bone headed move we are now saddled with another liberal government. The conservatives ran a lady no one had ever heard of, and Jonas ran as an independant. The vote was split and the liberals won.

I understand thats the danger Max brings to the table as well. In my opinion, this covid crisis and all it entails, is the biggest, most important thing in our history. I believe we really are on the edge of some very dark days if our course is not altered. Im not completely convinced anyone in the conservative party even wants to steer a course towards sanity at this point. I do believe Max would. Thats my conundrum.

Hope you have a good spring with enough water to go around, and not as much heat as you got last year!

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
yukon254;
Good evening my cyber friend, thanks for the thoughtful reply as well as the wonderful update on your family.

Honestly I was apprehensive about the prospects of most of the leadership candidates who ran for the PC leadership last time and like many O'Toole didn't give me much comfort. It's easy to see the cause for the doubt now of course, hindsight being what it is.

When the convoy headed to Ottawa and the revolt within the PC took place, it gave me some hope that there is a will to stop some of what I perceive to be an untenable course.

Pierre is a numbers guy as am I and my good wife is as well, so all that said I am naturally more comfortable with that sort of personality. More so than a charismatic big picture person who doesn't worry about the details. Again people wired as I am only see the details or perhaps better said we struggle with grand visions presented to us as we're figuring out the logistics of it all in real time. Often that way anyways.

For our kids and grandkids it is my sincere hope and prayer that effective and meaningful change can be made.

It's an uphill battle for sure though as there are many of our fellow citizens who have bought into many narratives which I believe are false/faulty/unworkable and our legacy media certainly has had a hand in leading them to where they are.

We'll keep trying for the kids and grand kids though won't we?

Not much else we can do really is there? Pray of course, but act with conviction and hopefully wisdom as well.

All the best and God bless again.

Dwayne

The most important stuff in life isn't "stuff"

R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
Steve you are such a two faced clown. You supported the closing of churches, the arrested of ministers and nurses and truck drivers while you hid under your bed sucking your thumb in terror at the behest of Trudeau. Suddenly you are a big freedumb luvin Canadian now? Everyone remembers your posts praising Trudeau the past two years. Y

You can't take back the truth exposing your true cowardly character. Christ vomits every time he reads your sad hypocritical posts and when you pretend to be a christian.

Originally Posted by Steve Redgwell
Originally Posted by PSE

I agree that Poilievre can handle himself. When he goes on the attack, he can be a hard ass. Certainly a contrast to Trudeau's touchy-feely approach. I haven't received any mail or email from the leadership candidates except for Poilievre. He is certainly going after votes earlier than the rest, it seems.

Lewis has her Jamaican origins, as well as being a black female. In today's world, that carries a lot of sway. She is bright and well read. If she hasn't said it already, she will say that she can learn French, and probably can. The only thing that would sink her is the French language debates. The nuances are usually missed. Spontaneity is difficult too in another language.

Poilievre has the smarts, the political background, ties to both the West and Ontario, and speaks French.

When things heat up, it will be interesting to see where the majority of Conservatives lean.

Last edited by ribka; 04/16/22.
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

568 members (1minute, 1Longbow, 1234, 007FJ, 160user, 10gaugemag, 56 invisible), 2,439 guests, and 1,216 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,425
Posts18,470,717
Members73,931
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.