Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A

This winter Midway seemed to be offering free shipping every other week, but haven’t seen it for a while. Here on the West Slope Midway can often ship to my door faster than Amazon………go figure.

Casey

Not being married to any particular political party sure makes it a lot easier to look at the world more objectively...
Having said that, MAGA.
GB1

J
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
J
It seemed like once the Christmas rush started, free shipping went away.

FWIW, a buddy ordered some ammo cans from them a while back and was told the free shipping didn’t apply to them.

"An armed society is a polite society."

Joe S.
C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
They have free shipping on dies at least now.

Last edited by Cntrmass; 04/01/22.
K
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
K
Those promos are out the window. New motto is price gouging, terrible customer service, and slower shipping. Like said above, they have to fund their new mega warehouse and order system.

The new guy might just run this company into the ground. They still say it's a "family business". So, they promoted someone just cause they were family, is what that means.

Their prices are getting absurd. They could easily offer free shipping over $49 at all times, with the way they jacked up prices.

I placed an order through another company a few weeks ago. Even with shipping, it was less than Midway would have been with no shipping added. I have absolutely no loyalty to them any longer. They are now just one of many I will look at and compare inventory and prices.

I just pulled up a random in stock item on Midway's site now, before they even open for the day. It says if ordered today, it would ship on 4/4. Last year, and early this year, they would complete an order within a few hours, so they can't use order volume as the excuse.

B
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
B
Originally Posted by Cntrmass
They have free shipping.

So what's the code?

IC B2

B
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
B
KenMi-

I used to be a loyal Midway customer but that changed a few years ago. My main gripe is how they'd pack items. They'd just throw things in a box with a couple of air pillows and send them on. In December, I got the kids Hoppe's #9 as stocking stuffers along with a few other items. The bottles were loose (not in any packaging),and one of the lids busted open. You can imagine the mess -- and smell. Earlier in 2021, I ordered bullets that were on sale. The bullet boxes were not secured, the outer box only had a couple of pieces of tape to hold it together -- and the results were predictable. Another time the outer box was taped securely, but there was virtually no packing material for a number of heavy boxes of bullets. A couple of Speer 6.5mm 120 Gold Dot boxes broke open,and I had another Midway mess to deal with.

Granted, they took care of things, but the hassle gets old in a hurry. They are no longer the first place I look when I need anything.

C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
No code just said dies I was looking had free shipping.

D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
I put those "free shipping on these dies" in my cart, they said over $49, so I added another Item to get over the $49. Still no free shipping. I talked to a person and they said no free shipping on other items, only free shipping on the dies over $49 which were under the $49. So only certain items can be shipped free. I deleted everything.

C
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C
Originally Posted by DouginLa
I put those "free shipping on these dies" in my cart, they said over $49, so I added another Item to get over the $49. Still no free shipping. I talked to a person and they said no free shipping on other items, only free shipping on the dies over $49 which were under the $49. So only certain items can be shipped free. I deleted everything.

LOL. Not sure why, but that made me think of "there's no fighting in the war room!"

J
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
J
FREESHIP41522

Starting today 4-15-22.

Joe S.
IC B3

D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D
Business must have slowed due to their price gouging, worsening customer service, and slow shipping. Now they need to entice buyers with free shipping again.

Medics bury their mistakes..
C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
I ended up ordering RCBS dies for 43.00 shipped on Amazon and got them in 3 days in middle of Montana !

B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
free over $49 today 4/15

They say everything happens for a reason.
For me that reason is usually because I've made some bad decisions that I need to pay for.
M
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
M
Midway - Cheaper than Dirt
Potato - Potahto

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Tag

H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H
I just bought bullets and brass with no shipping cost.Just about any optics or mounts and rings are free shipping at Midway.If you check their site every day ,sometimes you get free shipping if you spend $49 or more pops up.I always hold off until one of those days comes along.Bobby,that shipping price is horrible .

Its all right to be white!!
Stupidity left unattended will run rampant
Don't argue with stupid people, They will drag you down to their level and then win by experience
J
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
J
Originally Posted by Dinny
Business must have slowed due to their price gouging, worsening customer service, and slow shipping. Now they need to entice buyers with free shipping again.

Originally Posted by muleman
Midway - Cheaper than Dirt
Potato - Potahto

My experience with Midway has only ever been good other than the high shipping cost. I’ve never noticed severe price gouging like I have at CTD. I do expect to pay retail on most things…

Joe S.
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Don't keep items in cart just like amazon

Go Ducks!!!
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

191 members (1lessdog, 673, 2ndwind, 204guy, 280shooter, 300_savage, 29 invisible), 1,969 guests, and 832 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,445
Posts18,507,886
Members74,002
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.