-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular

As the title states, its there at the time of this posting in 8lb containers.

https://shop.hodgdon.com/hodgdon/hodgdon-h4831r

NRA member

Mill Creek Rifle Club member
DeSoto, KS
GB1

Z
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Z
PV has some for the moment, too.

Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by zcm82
PV has some for the moment, too.

PV has 1 lbers

NRA member

Mill Creek Rifle Club member
DeSoto, KS
Z
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Z
They must have sold out of 8s, they had both earlier.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
$330.99 for an 8 lb container of H4831... that is somewhere over $41.50/lb.... I have enough to last me until this nonsense is over I think.... and prices show some sanity again....

Never underestimate your ability to overestimate your ability.
IC B2

B
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
B
Originally Posted by Sheister
$330.99 for an 8 lb container of H4831... that is somewhere over $41.50/lb.... I have enough to last me until this nonsense is over I think.... and prices show some sanity again....

$41.50/pound may not be bad in these times. I was just at the LGS here and saw a bunch of H4831, H4350, IMR4350, IMR8208XBR, H335, IMR4198, Longshot, LeverEvolution and some others I can't think of. Prices ranged from $38-$50/pound. I guess when you add shipping and hazmat to the equation, the local prices at $47/pound are not even that bad. I hate to pay it, but there are guys up by where you live that have been paying $65/pound for H4350 a couple months ago when it started showing up. One of my buddies was one that stupidly paid that much for 6 pounds of the chidt. At least it's not that high here!!!!!

Originally Posted by raybass
I try to stick with the basics, they do so well. Nothing fancy mind you, just plain jane will get it done with style.
Originally Posted by Pharmseller
You want to see an animal drop right now? Shoot him in the ear hole.

BSA MAGA
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by bsa1917hunter

$41.50/pound may not be bad in these times. I was just at the LGS here and saw a bunch of H4831, H4350, IMR4350, IMR8208XBR, H335, IMR4198, Longshot, LeverEvolution and some others I can't think of. Prices ranged from $38-$50/pound. I guess when you add shipping and hazmat to the equation, the local prices at $47/pound are not even that bad. I hate to pay it, but there are guys up by where you live that have been paying $65/pound for H4350 a couple months ago when it started showing up. One of my buddies was one that stupidly paid that much for 6 pounds of the chidt. At least it's not that high here!!!!!

Yeah, I'm a cheap bastid and it may come back to bite me in the butt in the near future but I still have a pound and a half or so hanging around and I have all my needs for that loaded already for the foreseeable future so I'm going to hold off and cross my fingers, toes , and anything else that will help bring the prices down to reasonable levels. I also have about 3 lbs of H335 for the 223 for now so I will cross that bridge when I come to it also....

Bob

B
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
B
Originally Posted by bsa1917hunter

Yeah, I'm a cheap bastid and it may come back to bite me in the butt in the near future but I still have a pound and a half or so hanging around and I have all my needs for that loaded already for the foreseeable future so I'm going to hold off and cross my fingers, toes , and anything else that will help bring the prices down to reasonable levels. I also have about 3 lbs of H335 for the 223 for now so I will cross that bridge when I come to it also....

Bob

I may be selling some H335 and maybe some CFE223 at our next gunshow. Let me know if you need any. I'm planning on having a table. Its going to be in June.

I try to stick with the basics, they do so well. Nothing fancy mind you, just plain jane will get it done with style.

BSA MAGA
S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S

Don't feel guilty....

its availability is " No Mo' "as they say in the ghetto....

"Minus the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the Country" Marion Barry, Mayor of Wash DC

“Owning guns is not a right. If it were a right, it would be in the Constitution.” ~Alexandria Ocasio Cortez

M
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
M
I just bought 2 lbs of the short cut version from the local store for $42 a lb but after taxes it was $90 for the 2 lbs. I’m usually not in to giving a high price but I’ve been looking for a long time and finally found some.

IC B3

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
If I could find the short cut version of H4831 for that price at the local supplier I would pick it up. Shipping often kills these deals for me. More than once I have had a cart full of items until I got to check out and found out what shipping was going to add to the bill- especially with powder_ and dumped the whole cart.. Midway and Brownells are famous for this but certainly aren't the only online retailers guilty of this .

BSA, let me know. Now that I have a couple AR's to feed and my 223 AI I could use a couple more pounds of the H335 and wouldn't be averse to trying the CFE 223. Just sent in my membership dues so should be getting a key any day now for the range. We'll have to get together again so I can let you beat me on paper again.... wink

Bob

B
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
B
If I could find the short cut version of H4831 for that price at the local supplier I would pick it up. Shipping often kills these deals for me. More than once I have had a cart full of items until I got to check out and found out what shipping was going to add to the bill- especially with powder_ and dumped the whole cart.. Midway and Brownells are famous for this but certainly aren't the only online retailers guilty of this .

BSA, let me know. Now that I have a couple AR's to feed and my 223 AI I could use a couple more pounds of the H335 and wouldn't be averse to trying the CFE 223. Just sent in my membership dues so should be getting a key any day now for the range. We'll have to get together again so I can let you beat me on paper again.... wink

Bob

Ha ha. I didn't beat you by much, if any at all. Ha ha.. I'll keep you posted on if I go or not. I missed our last one we had this month. Family wanted to go to Mt. Rushmore. I'll definitely hang on to this powder and bring it to the next show. I'll have some bullets and other things as well. Sounds good on the meet up. Maybe one of the clubs golf ball shoots? Those are always fun. Its a rimfire event. I need to dust off my rimfire rifles anyway, and I know you like rimfires..

BSA MAGA
F
F
Right now they have 8# jugs of H335 for $292 in stock

J
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
J
The prices are ridiculous . They can keep it

What really aggravates me Hodgon has been my primary supplier since the 70's . I won't forget this in the future.

Last edited by jambuster; 04/15/22.

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

572 members (24HourCampFireGuy50, 1936M71, 160user, 1minute, 222Sako, 1Longbow, 64 invisible), 2,432 guests, and 1,447 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,170
Posts18,484,590
Members73,966
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.