-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I'm not so old that I need to start selling off any, but I sometimes wonder why I don't. I've got some that haven't been out of the house and fired in 8 years, including a sweet shooting CZ 527 in 22 Hornet.

My kids show no interest in even shooting, let alone hunting, so unless something changes, they probably won't care about them when I'm ready to give them up.

I do have a rifle that will go to my oldest nephew, as he shot his first buck with it, so that takes care of 1 of them.

4 out of 5 Great Lakes prefer Michigan. smile

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Money

God bless Texas-----------------------
Old 300
I will remain what i am until the day I die- A HUNTER......Sitting Bull
Its not how you pick the booger..
but where you put it !!
Roger V Hunter
S
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
S
Originally Posted by Jim_Conrad
Originally Posted by VarmintGuy
Jlink280: The ONLY thing that has me planning the disposal of my large gun collection is "age"!
I have been buying guns for use and for my collections for well over half a century now and "it's time"!
The task of liquidating my large collection would just overwhelm the VarmintWife and the VarmintFamily - so I have decided to do it myself while I am still spry.
Hoping that finding good homes for my guns will be as much fun and as rewarding as gathering/collecting/having them built was.
Long live the Second Amendment.
Hold into the wind
VarmintGuy

Oh horseshit.

Let's see how many you give to the needy kids around town.

Finding good homes means finding TOP dollar to youse guys.

:

LOL hold into Deez nuts!

40O Offline
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
It was easy for me, my house burned down. I had one two safes, the stuff in the downstairs safe survived. I now am the proud owner of one (1) 7mm-08 hunting rifle.
Pete

"What I was saying is if my kin folk 400 years ago had guns, we wouldn�t be having this conversation. I�m in favor of guns and encourage everyone I know to have them because the last time we didn�t have them we were abused.�
Rep.Mitchell.
B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
I am only 76. Ill put that decision off until I get old.

IC B2

Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
Haven't sold a gun in 9 years. Had a big sell off when I moved from AK to MI. Where I hunt I can only use straight walled calibers with case length 1.8 or under.

Didn't think my 416 or 458lott would fit that bill.

Paid for a big chunk of my moving costs.

I did hang onto a 300 winny and a 3006, I might still make it out west.

B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
Originally Posted by Joel/AK
Haven't sold a gun in 9 years. Had a big sell off when I moved from AK to MI. Where I hunt I can only use straight walled calibers with case length 1.8 or under.

You’re only a hop skip and a jump from the good side of the line in Ravenna!

Keep your powder dry and stay frosty my friends.
Campfire Outfitter
Online Happy
Campfire Outfitter
Jlink280: The ONLY thing that has me planning the disposal of my large gun collection is "age"!
I have been buying guns for use and for my collections for well over half a century now and "it's time"!
The task of liquidating my large collection would just overwhelm the VarmintWife and the VarmintFamily - so I have decided to do it myself while I am still spry.
Hoping that finding good homes for my guns will be as much fun and as rewarding as gathering/collecting/having them built was.
Hold into the wind
VarmintGuy

Oh horseshit.

But those guys have to appreciate them too. Lol can't have it both ways unless they are really rare.

I've noticed there's a lot of older guys who covet their possessions and money over everything else. Then wonder why the kids don't call. Not always but often enough it's noticable.

Beware of any old man in a profession where one usually dies young.

Calm seas don't make sailors.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Colorado1135
Hold into the wind
VarmintGuy

Oh horseshit.

But those guys have to appreciate them too. Lol can't have it both ways unless they are really rare.

I've noticed there's a lot of older guys who covet their possessions and money over everything else. Then wonder why the kids don't call. Not always but often enough it's noticable.

Word ☝🏽

VG, while it’s been your passion buying, using, and collecting firearms. We all have heard it a thousand times from you on what a bargain deal you got for many of them - which is cool.

Hopefully, when you do decide to let some of them go. You won’t be that guy who will expect retail or better prices for them.

🦫

Curiosity Killed the Cat & The Prairie Dog
“Molon Labe”
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by Beaver10
Hold into the wind
VarmintGuy

Oh horseshit.

Word ☝🏽

VG, while it’s been your passion buying, using, and collecting firearms. We all have heard it a thousand times from you on what a bargain deal you got for many of them - which is cool.

Hopefully, when you do decide to let some of them go. You won’t be that guy who will expect retail or better prices for them.

🦫

Amassing and caring for a large collection of valuable objects (physical things) comes at great expense in the form of both time and money. VG should get whatever the market will bare. If for whatever reason VG chooses to disperse any part of his collection outside the market, then that's his prerogative.

Originally Posted by 16penny
If you put Taco Bell sauce in your ramen noodles it tastes just like poverty
IC B3

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Originally Posted by ingwe
Originally Posted by high_country_
You'll have kids or grand kids or friends that will want them someday.

I farmed out the ones I wanted my friends to have. I have no kids..so other than those...if its not getting used, it goes down the road.

+1......While I do have kids, they're not into guns the way I was. I had accumulated about 20 rifles, including some very nice L61R's, Steyr's, etc but I decided to get rid of them and keep only the ones I use frequently. I don't need a bunch of rifles to stare at, or lie dormant in the safe. They're only tools to me anyway.

It is irrelevant what you think. What matters is the TRUTH.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by kingston
Hold into the wind
VarmintGuy

Oh horseshit.

Word ☝🏽

🦫

Amassing and caring for a large collection of valuable objects (physical things) comes at great expense in the form of both time and money. VG should get whatever the market will bare. If for whatever reason VG chooses to disperse any part of his collection outside the market, then that's his prerogative.

And, don’t I know it....While I agree 100% with your feelings. I find myself at times SMH that some people will ONLY part their wallets if they can buy something priced below its actual value. Then talk about what a great deal they got.

But when they resell the same items, the price point never reflects a modest increase based on market value, but rather a value they have determined by a desire to make a huge profit.

Contrary to popular belief, with the exception of certain types of firearms. Most, including custom builds, won’t garner prices at or above what the original owner paid....Often much lower.

Just how it is.

🦫

“Molon Labe”
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I’ve tagged every firearm that was acquired “non-4473”. Ya, know....bought in a parking lot.

Those are the ones you keep for your Taxi Driver friends to take care of business.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
And, don’t I know it....While I agree 100% with your feelings....
🦫

I don't have feelings, I have thoughts that come in the form of rigorously rational and coherently presented logical expressions.

Originally Posted by 16penny
If you put Taco Bell sauce in your ramen noodles it tastes just like poverty
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by kingston
And, don’t I know it....While I agree 100% with your feelings....
🦫

I don't have feelings, I have thoughts that come in form of rigorously rational and coherently expressed logical expressions.

I’m not feeling rigorous today.

😬🦫

“Molon Labe”
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by brinky72
Originally Posted by Joel/AK

You’re only a hop skip and a jump from the good side of the line in Ravenna!

Yeah. A couple miles up I can use whatever. Now I have a friend that lives north of apple and I can hunt his land. Still have a couple rifles for that

Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
Have several I bought for specific tasks. Since I don't sell, I "repurpose"! 😉!

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by antlers
It’s not unusual for the things that once brought us joy to no longer bring us joy.

Antlers,

The Zander HB, Winchester Model 52 that you sold me. Brings me joy, when I look at it, and when I shoot it.

It’s one of my most prized rifles I own.

- Beav

“Molon Labe”
H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H
since i'm older now i like to use one rifle for all my big game hunting (elk, deer, hogs) so i'm keeping a 308 win and giving all my others to my kids (5), grandkids (14), and a couple friends. all the boys get or have already been given a deer/elk rifle, a shotgun, and a .22. if another grandson comes along i'll jus buy him what he needs. i'd much rather see a kids with one of my guns as opposed to them sitting in a safe. ymmv.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by antlers
It’s not unusual for the things that once brought us joy to no longer bring us joy.
Antlers,

The Zander’s HB, Winchester Model 52 that you sold me. Brings me joy, when I look at it, and when I shoot it.

It’s one of my most prized rifles I own.
And I’m so glad that you got it man. It couldn’t have gone to a better home than the one you’ve provided for it. Thanks again.

Every day on this side of the ground is a win.
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

645 members (16gage, 007FJ, 16Racing, 12344mag, 160user, 01Foreman400, 77 invisible), 3,045 guests, and 1,304 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,353
Posts18,487,900
Members73,970
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.