Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
A
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
A
Here's an interesting perspective on the Chinese military and some of their challenges such as having an army of only children:

You didn't use logic or reason to get into this opinion, I cannot use logic or reason to get you out of it.

You cannot over estimate the unimportance of nearly everything. John Maxwell
GB1

V
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
V
Interesting but it doesn’t make me feel better..

With our trannies, bleeders and everyone gets a trophy mentality, it’s probably a toss up.

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Nice video.

"Shoot low sheriff, I think he's riding a shetland!" B. Wills

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I didn’t click on the link but calling a country a paper tiger based on military personnel seems foolish. Chinas potential military personnel dwarfs ours and they have far more national pride and solidarity but numbers seem obsolete to me.

We’ll never fight another WWII style war in are lifetimes. Todays big wars are about economics, propaganda, information, supply chains, missiles or unleashing a bio weapon knowing that the US is so tied to your economy that it will be excused away as a wet market accident. The widespread availability of nukes to developed countries changed the way wars are fought IMO.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by viking

With our trannies, bleeders and everyone gets a trophy mentality, it’s probably a toss up.

...........For sure.... I bet the PLA hasn't even had their mandatory diversity, inclusion and sensitivity training yet.

IC B2

D
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
D
Originally Posted by TheLastLemming76
I didn’t click on the link but calling a country a paper tiger based on military personnel seems foolish. Chinas potential military personnel dwarfs ours and they have far more national pride and solidarity but numbers seem obsolete to me.

We’ll never fight another WWII style war in are lifetimes. Todays big wars are about economics, propaganda, information, supply chains, missiles or unleashing a bio weapon knowing that the US is so tied to your economy that it will be excused away as a wet market accident. The widespread availability of nukes to developed countries changed the way wars are fought IMO.

Agree, major wars today and forward will not be won by the side with the most soldiers that can bench press a lot of weight. We’ve moved up many layers of technology and strategy from brute force and firepower.

NRA Patron
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by viking

This ^^^ The only thing holding China back from invading Taiwan is the fact many of their young men would be killed or maimed. This would mean that no one will be replacing the current generation. The same thing is happening in Russia. How many babies will not be born in the next 20 years because those young men are now dead ? In a society with declining birth rates that is going to be an issue some day.

Mean while in America, we are importing millions of illegals a month. If we have to we can draft them and make them cannon fodder.

kwg

For liberals and anarchists, power and control is opium, selling envy is the fastest and easiest way to get it. TRR. American conservative. Never trust a white liberal. Malcom X Current NRA member.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Russia's bungling in their latest excursion has also weakened China's bargaining position drastically. That has pretty significant consequences in multiple dimensions.

China's dependence on foreign raw materials (including oil) means any conflict they enter must be completed nearly instantly, or they will run out of raw materials to support a war effort. With Ukraine, the prospect of heavy resistance has greatly increased.

Sic Semper Tyrannis
F
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
F
Originally Posted by Dutch
Russia's bungling in their latest excursion has also weakened China's bargaining position drastically. That has pretty significant consequences in multiple dimensions.

China's dependence on foreign raw materials (including oil) means any conflict they enter must be completed nearly instantly, or they will run out of raw materials to support a war effort. With Ukraine, the prospect of heavy resistance has greatly increased.

Exactly...much smarter people than me have repeatedly claimed China has no depth for a protracted struggle, one punch, period. The Strait of Malacca is the limiting factor, 2 weeks of oil is in China's strategic reserve, period. The Strait is so small it can be closed with a little air cover, two destroyers, a mine layer and a couple fast attack subs for insurance. Done deal.

Well this is a fine pickle we're in, should'a listened to Joe McCarthy and George Orwell I guess.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by dale06
Originally Posted by TheLastLemming76

Agree, major wars today and forward will not be won by the side with the most soldiers that can bench press a lot of weight. We’ve moved up many layers of technology and strategy from brute force and firepower.

Stating this in a direct way, but not to be nasty.

The amount of carnage rained down on Afganistan, Iraq, and others by
Pasty white, geeks sitting in an air conditioned trailer in America, over
the last decade plus confirm things have changed.

You don't necessarily need to to big, tough, strong, or brave to
kill the hell out of the enemy anymore.

Parents who say they have good kids..Usually don't!
IC B3

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by kwg020
Mean while in America, we are importing millions of illegals a month. If we have to we can draft them and make them cannon fodder. kwg
Americans are not going to be drafted. The past protests and draft card burnings won't amount to crap if they try to draft this generation. You just thought BLM riots were bad. If they start drafting again it would be illegal to require only men to register and that is when the S will HTF.

Patriotism (and religion) is the last refuge of a scoundrel.

Jesus: "Take heed that no man deceive you."
U
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
U
Originally Posted by flintlocke
The Strait is so small it can be closed with a little air cover, two destroyers, a mine layer and a couple fast attack subs for insurance. Done deal.
You pretty much described the combat mission of Singapore's military.

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Could Russia supply china with significant amounts of oil over land? Maybe a gigantic Key Stone XL pipeline or several?

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Hastings
Could Russia supply china with significant amounts of oil over land? Maybe a gigantic Key Stone XL pipeline or several?

It's in the works. But, while "significant", the volume of oil consumed by China is many times larger than Russia alone would supply. And, while significant, oil is not the only raw material China depends on. And we're not even talking about food yet.

Sic Semper Tyrannis
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Hastings

It's in the works. But, while "significant", the volume of oil consumed by China is many times larger than Russia alone would supply. And, while significant, oil is not the only raw material China depends on. And we're not even talking about food yet.

Anything built can be hit with a missile.
Thousands of miles of pipeline would be difficult to defend.

Parents who say they have good kids..Usually don't!
S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S

Exactly...much smarter people than me have repeatedly claimed China has no depth for a protracted struggle, one punch, period. The Strait of Malacca is the limiting factor, 2 weeks of oil is in China's strategic reserve, period. The Strait is so small it can be closed with a little air cover, two destroyers, a mine layer and a couple fast attack subs for insurance. Done deal.

we would be in no better shape , with most of our spare parts for equipment , computer chips , and such coming from overseas

hell , we cant even get the boats unloaded if they arrive at our ports with the stuff onboard

could we even build a ship without parts made in China ?

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by sdgunslinger
we would be in no better shape , with most of our spare parts for equipment , computer chips , and such coming from overseas
hell , we cant even get the boats unloaded if they arrive at our ports with the stuff onboard

could we even build a ship without parts made in China ?
Could we even build an American built (assembled from Chinese parts) automobile? Where do you think every part on that American made car originated?

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
What has to give China pause is the amount of cooperation they've had with Russians in the past.

Shared military training, doctrine, weapons and SIGIN, ELINT, COMINT etc - they see what's happening to the RU's in Ukraine and likely with a much clearer picture than we are.

I would be they're re-evaluating how good they feel about those cooperative agreements and the implied results of them.

Me

F
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
F
Originally Posted by UPhiker
The Strait is so small it can be closed with a little air cover, two destroyers, a mine layer and a couple fast attack subs for insurance. Done deal.
You pretty much described the combat mission of Singapore's military.

Eggszacly UP...Aussies, India, Japan any one of them could choke Chiner. About all the US forces need do is provide sat data or AWACS maybe. I would imagine the ocean floor around the China Sea is well provided with sono- buoys.

Well this is a fine pickle we're in, should'a listened to Joe McCarthy and George Orwell I guess.
R
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
R
All this is well and good if true but guess what; our own military has been compromised by decades of democrat meddling. Does Biden or any of his administration lok like anyone you'd want to take orders from going into battle?

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

600 members (10gaugemag, 1936M71, 06hunter59, 160user, 17CalFan, 007FJ, 54 invisible), 2,615 guests, and 1,187 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,780
Posts18,477,082
Members73,942
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.