-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
WY is one of the best managed states in the country. How’s the elk hunting in TX? LOL

M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
Originally Posted by rickt300
Originally Posted by MickeyD
My mom was from Texas and I can remember many times Dad shaking his head in amazement saying "you can always tell a Texan...but you damn sure can't tell 'em much!". And something else about them being the stupidest bunch of...well you get the idea.

The op would appear to confirm my dad's theory on Texans.

Hey Mickey Mouse, I was born in Idaho. Glad I left as soon as I could. Too many Mormons.

And Idaho says "Thank you for leaving!"

p.s.
You could be right about the mormon thing. But that would depend on what part of Idaho you're referring to.

Last edited by MickeyD; 04/17/22.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
R
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
R
Originally Posted by Cheyenne
Move back, rickt300, nobody’s stopping you. It’s like me complaining about the murder rate in New Orleans. Not my problem any more, and I’m not trying to to tell them what to do about it.

Funny thing is you think I am knocking Wyoming which is not true, I love that state. Too bad it is so poorly managed. Why are sheep allowed to destroy the sage over practically the entire west side of the state? Why is it you won't stand up for yourselves and stop what appears to be a gangster run WGAF? This may sound funny to you but Texas takes way better care of itself, the game and fish populations than Wyoming does. Why is that? Stating fact is not the same as telling you what to do about it either. The fact is since 1993 or 4 the WGAF has done nothing positive for the state.

Dog I rescued in January

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
I'm sure wyoming would gladly give Texas all there G- bears and Wolves and you can manage them better!
I'll tell you what you can have all Montanas too!!

Last edited by sherm_61; 04/17/22.
R
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
R
Originally Posted by DeadHead
WY is one of the best managed states in the country. How’s the elk hunting in TX? LOL

So some Tennessee rat says Wyoming is one of the best managed states in the country? How the hell would you know? As for elk in Texas seems they are doing well.

https://tpwd.texas.gov/huntwild/wild/species/elk/

Dog I rescued in January

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

IC B2

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Cheyenne
Move back, rickt300, nobody’s stopping you. It’s like me complaining about the murder rate in New Orleans. Not my problem any more, and I’m not trying to to tell them what to do about it.

Funny thing is you think I am knocking Wyoming which is not true, I love that state. Too bad it is so poorly managed. Why are sheep allowed to destroy the sage over practically the entire west side of the state? Why is it you won't stand up for yourselves and stop what appears to be a gangster run WGAF? This may sound funny to you but Texas takes way better care of itself, the game and fish populations than Wyoming does. Why is that? Stating fact is not the same as telling you what to do about it either. The fact is since 1993 or 4 the WGAF has done nothing positive for the state.

Enjoy Texas. Wyoming is not your problem any more

"Don't believe everything you see on the Internet" - Abraham Lincoln
H
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
H
Texas looks good in the rear view mirror.

Originally Posted by RJY66

I was thinking the other day how much I used to hate Bill Clinton. He was freaking George Washington compared to what they are now.
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana

Can hunt them year round.

God bless Texas-----------------------
Old 300
I will remain what i am until the day I die- A HUNTER......Sitting Bull
Its not how you pick the booger..
but where you put it !!
Roger V Hunter
J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J
Originally Posted by stxhunter

But who would want to? Shooting an elk in 100 degree summer seems like a really stupid idea.

Pretty silly really. They are a native animal. TPWD should create a real management plan and treat them like the native game animal that they are.

Last edited by Jeffrey; 04/17/22.
J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J
As a native Texan, I will say that we have more than our fair share of pompous idiots who tend to think they know way more than they really do. But our TPWD does a good job, elk being an exception.

IC B3

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular

So some Tennessee rat says Wyoming is one of the best managed states in the country? How the hell would you know? As for elk in Texas seems they are doing well.

https://tpwd.texas.gov/huntwild/wild/species/elk/

You’re a fuggin retard. Stick to hogs dumbass.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by stxhunter

Awesome! LOL

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by sherm_61
Funny how NR always bitch about another states game and fish management if there's is so good what the Hell they doing going to another state.
Maybe they should stay home if they don't like it.

I was a Wyoming resident for 19 years. I saw the WGAF stock Lake Trout in the Flaming Gorge reservoir knowing it would wreck the Brown trout fishery. And it sure as hell did. Now somehow they mistakenly stocked Ling in the same lake. How about current creel limits? 3 trout total! this includes any that you might have in your freezer! It is not like many of the rivers get much pressure and generally tourists don't keep many fish. So either they have terribly managed the fisheries or for some leftist scum reason they don't want you keeping any fish in your freezer. You pick. But on the somewhat bright side you can keep 15 Lake Trout total in possession. Cool the worst tasting trout in existence. Oh and I believe you can keep all the Ling you want. Ain't that special. As for the Grizzly bear, Wyoming has done far more to manage the Grizzly than it has to manage elk same for wolves. They have been neck deep in collusion with the feds making the wolf and Grizzly bear expansion a massive success.Be nice to know how much hunting license money has gone into making the Grizzly bear management programs a success. Say the same for the wolf.

I swear you're the absolute worst offender of spreading bad info around on this site, and you've got a lot of competition in that regard.

WGFD has not stocked lake trout in Flaming Gorge since at least the late 80s, and have never stocked ling in there. Those were suspected to have been illegally introduced. When did you "witness" WGFD stocking lakers into Flaming Gorge?

The 3 trout limit is generally only on rivers and streams, and the limit is 6 trout on most lakes, excluding lake trout---and this does not necessarily include those already in your freezer. It is reduced to four trout (excluding lake trout) and 12 lake trout for Flaming Gorge Res (plus you can have another 12 lake trout in your freezer for a possession limit of 24). See pages 4 and 14 of the regs dude...

Have you been on the Platte or Green River in the last 20 years? I wouldn't characterize them as "not getting much pressure", but I guess that is subjective. Some of the boat ramp parking lots look like you're at Walmart...

I am not fan of griz or wolves, but the number of elk in that state and the opportunity to hunt them is beyond dumb. Where do you dream this stuff up?

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
Wy. hasn't got anything as bad as Washington State when it comes to screwing up our fish and game. It is beyond help here.

Writing from the gateway to the great BluMtns in southeastern Washington.

Just remember, "You are the trailer park and I am the tornado". Beth Dutton, Yellowstone.
W
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
W
I wish every state's game department would be run by sound scientific management, and not political and well heeled special interest groups.

Pretty sure that is nationwide.

I personally never agreed with WY requiring a non resident to hire a guide to hunt in wilderness areas, but fishing, hiking, photography, mountain climbing etc is ok to do without one. And I am a long time WY resident.

I could go on and on about fishing, but don't want to get started.....

No game department can be all things to all people, that's for sure.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
If ever a fishery was mismanaged WGAF tops the list of no management capabilities dufus dummasses. Their elk management and wolf programs are also epic failures as far as hunters are concerned. Go ahead and add the overpopulation of Grizzly bears to the list.

Youve never met the pa game com im guessin

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
The only strike against WY is that ridiculous rule that requires non-res to employ an outfitter to hunt wilderness.

Our MOGA is desperate to follow suit with outfitter tags though, so no judgement from here.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by sherm_61
If ever a fishery was mismanaged WGAF tops the list of no management capabilities dufus dummasses. Their elk management and wolf programs are also epic failures as far as hunters are concerned. Go ahead and add the overpopulation of Grizzly bears to the list.

Can't comment on there fishing but you've obviously never elk hunted in Montana ive hunted both and Wyoming wins hands down.
Don't blame the fuggin G- bears on Wyoming if you wanna bitch take it up with a bunch of liberal judges and so called conservation groups.
Wyoming and Idaho had a hunting season 2 years ago until some libtard judge stopped it.

Idaho has a 15 hunting tag limit on wolves and trapping the sons a bitches is legal too

S
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
S
Colorado must be close behind.Since Parks was combined with Wildlife and our POS governor is flaming liberal with his first husband pushing anti hunting and wolf introduction it only gets worse.They treat the resident hunters and 2nd class bu basing tag allocations and permit numbers base on 2009 statistics

If God wanted you to walk and carry things on your back, He would not have invented stirrups and pack saddles
N
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
N
Originally Posted by flintlocke
They transferred there from Calif Fish & Game.

That was trained by Oregon’s dept of failure and waste

Page 2 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

575 members (007FJ, 219DW, 12344mag, 160user, 10gaugemag, 222ND, 63 invisible), 2,321 guests, and 1,275 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,276
Posts18,486,677
Members73,967
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.