Home
If ever a fishery was mismanaged WGAF tops the list of no management capabilities dufus dummasses. Their elk management and wolf programs are also epic failures as far as hunters are concerned. Go ahead and add the overpopulation of Grizzly bears to the list.
They transferred there from Calif Fish & Game.
You are more than welcome to move to Wyoming, establish domicile, and make your voice more eminently valuable.
Originally Posted by flintlocke

LOL! Beat me to it! No words from me regarding Ca DFG, or whatever they call themselves now. Sorry Wyoming.
Originally Posted by rickt300
If ever a fishery was mismanaged WGAF tops the list of no management capabilities dufus dummasses. Their elk management and wolf programs are also epic failures as far as hunters are concerned. Go ahead and add the overpopulation of Grizzly bears to the list.

Can't comment on there fishing but you've obviously never elk hunted in Montana ive hunted both and Wyoming wins hands down.
Don't blame the fuggin G- bears on Wyoming if you wanna bitch take it up with a bunch of liberal judges and so called conservation groups.
Wyoming and Idaho had a hunting season 2 years ago until some libtard judge stopped it.
I don’t think so Cheyenne. He’s blaming the over population of grizzlies on the state, let him move to DC so he can address the root of the problem.
I hear Texas is the best, you should stay there and not worry about Wyoming.

They have been trying to manage wolves and grizzlies for years but liberal judges from out of state keep blocking the hunting... something that should not be happening, ever.
As far as elk, WY elk herds are healthy and growing and exceed management goals in most areas. So, tell us what the beef with WG&F is... really.
Now, as far as mule deer and antelope: They need to reduce tags moreso and quit killing does for a few years. In this atea they are falling down.
Fish: I can go to any watershed or impoundment and catch good numbers of fish. Many streams are producing large sizes and numbers of trout. Where is the failure? I caught literally hundreds of fish on the fly rod last year.
Funny how NR always bitch about another states game and fish management if there's is so good what the Hell they doing going to another state.
Maybe they should stay home if they don't like it.

Stay in Texas.
IMO - NMDGF ranks right near the bottom, also.
Don't know if a good one exists.
Most are controlled by bunny-huggers and the politicians in their pocket. (The bunny-huggers pocket)
I'm not gonna pick on another state.
PGC has to be near the worst.
My mom was from Texas and I can remember many times Dad shaking his head in amazement saying "you can always tell a Texan...but you damn sure can't tell 'em much!". And something else about them being the stupidest bunch of...well you get the idea.

The op would appear to confirm my dad's theory on Texans.
Originally Posted by Stormin_Norman

That's what I do.

All those weird rules just make me tired.

Do you guys realize that some States have seasons for rabbits? Or that you can't shoot an animal out of your truck? WTF
Originally Posted by sherm_61
Funny how NR always bitch about another states game and fish management if there's is so good what the Hell they doing going to another state.

I was a Wyoming resident for 19 years. I saw the WGAF stock Lake Trout in the Flaming Gorge reservoir knowing it would wreck the Brown trout fishery. And it sure as hell did. Now somehow they mistakenly stocked Ling in the same lake. How about current creel limits? 3 trout total! this includes any that you might have in your freezer! It is not like many of the rivers get much pressure and generally tourists don't keep many fish. So either they have terribly managed the fisheries or for some leftist scum reason they don't want you keeping any fish in your freezer. You pick. But on the somewhat bright side you can keep 15 Lake Trout total in possession. Cool the worst tasting trout in existence. Oh and I believe you can keep all the Ling you want. Ain't that special. As for the Grizzly bear, Wyoming has done far more to manage the Grizzly than it has to manage elk same for wolves. They have been neck deep in collusion with the feds making the wolf and Grizzly bear expansion a massive success.Be nice to know how much hunting license money has gone into making the Grizzly bear management programs a success. Say the same for the wolf.

https://wgfd.wyo.gov/wildlife-in-wyoming/more-wildlife/large-carnivore/grizzly-bear-management

The wolf management plan

https://wgfd.wyo.gov/WGFD/media/con...rnivore/WYWOLF_MANAGEMENT_PLAN_FINAL.pdf

The feed the elk to the wolves plan is a success

https://www.tsln.com/news/wyoming-e...ine-hunting-wolves-identified-as-causes/
Originally Posted by ltppowell
Originally Posted by Stormin_Norman

That's what I do.

All those weird rules just make me tired.

Do you guys realize that some States have seasons for rabbits? Or that you can't shoot an animal out of your truck? WTF

Hah! Basstards!
Originally Posted by MickeyD
My mom was from Texas and I can remember many times Dad shaking his head in amazement saying "you can always tell a Texan...but you damn sure can't tell 'em much!". And something else about them being the stupidest bunch of...well you get the idea.

Hey Mickey Mouse, I was born in Idaho. Glad I left as soon as I could. Too many Mormons.
Originally Posted by mark shubert
IMO - NMDGF ranks right near the bottom, also.
Don't know if a good one exists.
Most are controlled by bunny-huggers and the politicians in their pocket. (The bunny-huggers pocket)

Boy that is the truth!
Originally Posted by McInnis
I don’t think so Cheyenne. He’s blaming the over population of grizzlies on the state, let him move to DC so he can address the root of the problem.

Funny post, the state made every effort to grow as many bears as possible. Even if they open a season on them it will be to auction off tags and make big bucks and not enough tags to make a difference. Pretty sure they will do the same with wolves.
Move back, rickt300, nobody’s stopping you. It’s like me complaining about the murder rate in New Orleans. Not my problem any more, and I’m not trying to to tell them what to do about it.
WY is one of the best managed states in the country. How’s the elk hunting in TX? LOL

Hey Mickey Mouse, I was born in Idaho. Glad I left as soon as I could. Too many Mormons.

And Idaho says "Thank you for leaving!"

p.s.
You could be right about the mormon thing. But that would depend on what part of Idaho you're referring to.
Originally Posted by Cheyenne
Move back, rickt300, nobody’s stopping you. It’s like me complaining about the murder rate in New Orleans. Not my problem any more, and I’m not trying to to tell them what to do about it.

Funny thing is you think I am knocking Wyoming which is not true, I love that state. Too bad it is so poorly managed. Why are sheep allowed to destroy the sage over practically the entire west side of the state? Why is it you won't stand up for yourselves and stop what appears to be a gangster run WGAF? This may sound funny to you but Texas takes way better care of itself, the game and fish populations than Wyoming does. Why is that? Stating fact is not the same as telling you what to do about it either. The fact is since 1993 or 4 the WGAF has done nothing positive for the state.
I'm sure wyoming would gladly give Texas all there G- bears and Wolves and you can manage them better!
I'll tell you what you can have all Montanas too!!
Originally Posted by DeadHead
WY is one of the best managed states in the country. How’s the elk hunting in TX? LOL

So some Tennessee rat says Wyoming is one of the best managed states in the country? How the hell would you know? As for elk in Texas seems they are doing well.

https://tpwd.texas.gov/huntwild/wild/species/elk/

Funny thing is you think I am knocking Wyoming which is not true, I love that state. Too bad it is so poorly managed. Why are sheep allowed to destroy the sage over practically the entire west side of the state? Why is it you won't stand up for yourselves and stop what appears to be a gangster run WGAF? This may sound funny to you but Texas takes way better care of itself, the game and fish populations than Wyoming does. Why is that? Stating fact is not the same as telling you what to do about it either. The fact is since 1993 or 4 the WGAF has done nothing positive for the state.

Enjoy Texas. Wyoming is not your problem any more
Texas looks good in the rear view mirror.

Can hunt them year round.
Originally Posted by stxhunter

But who would want to? Shooting an elk in 100 degree summer seems like a really stupid idea.

Pretty silly really. They are a native animal. TPWD should create a real management plan and treat them like the native game animal that they are.
As a native Texan, I will say that we have more than our fair share of pompous idiots who tend to think they know way more than they really do. But our TPWD does a good job, elk being an exception.

So some Tennessee rat says Wyoming is one of the best managed states in the country? How the hell would you know? As for elk in Texas seems they are doing well.

https://tpwd.texas.gov/huntwild/wild/species/elk/

You’re a fuggin retard. Stick to hogs dumbass.
Originally Posted by stxhunter

Awesome! LOL

I was a Wyoming resident for 19 years. I saw the WGAF stock Lake Trout in the Flaming Gorge reservoir knowing it would wreck the Brown trout fishery. And it sure as hell did. Now somehow they mistakenly stocked Ling in the same lake. How about current creel limits? 3 trout total! this includes any that you might have in your freezer! It is not like many of the rivers get much pressure and generally tourists don't keep many fish. So either they have terribly managed the fisheries or for some leftist scum reason they don't want you keeping any fish in your freezer. You pick. But on the somewhat bright side you can keep 15 Lake Trout total in possession. Cool the worst tasting trout in existence. Oh and I believe you can keep all the Ling you want. Ain't that special. As for the Grizzly bear, Wyoming has done far more to manage the Grizzly than it has to manage elk same for wolves. They have been neck deep in collusion with the feds making the wolf and Grizzly bear expansion a massive success.Be nice to know how much hunting license money has gone into making the Grizzly bear management programs a success. Say the same for the wolf.

I swear you're the absolute worst offender of spreading bad info around on this site, and you've got a lot of competition in that regard.

WGFD has not stocked lake trout in Flaming Gorge since at least the late 80s, and have never stocked ling in there. Those were suspected to have been illegally introduced. When did you "witness" WGFD stocking lakers into Flaming Gorge?

The 3 trout limit is generally only on rivers and streams, and the limit is 6 trout on most lakes, excluding lake trout---and this does not necessarily include those already in your freezer. It is reduced to four trout (excluding lake trout) and 12 lake trout for Flaming Gorge Res (plus you can have another 12 lake trout in your freezer for a possession limit of 24). See pages 4 and 14 of the regs dude...

Have you been on the Platte or Green River in the last 20 years? I wouldn't characterize them as "not getting much pressure", but I guess that is subjective. Some of the boat ramp parking lots look like you're at Walmart...

I am not fan of griz or wolves, but the number of elk in that state and the opportunity to hunt them is beyond dumb. Where do you dream this stuff up?
Wy. hasn't got anything as bad as Washington State when it comes to screwing up our fish and game. It is beyond help here.
I wish every state's game department would be run by sound scientific management, and not political and well heeled special interest groups.

Pretty sure that is nationwide.

I personally never agreed with WY requiring a non resident to hire a guide to hunt in wilderness areas, but fishing, hiking, photography, mountain climbing etc is ok to do without one. And I am a long time WY resident.

I could go on and on about fishing, but don't want to get started.....

No game department can be all things to all people, that's for sure.

Youve never met the pa game com im guessin
The only strike against WY is that ridiculous rule that requires non-res to employ an outfitter to hunt wilderness.

Our MOGA is desperate to follow suit with outfitter tags though, so no judgement from here.

Can't comment on there fishing but you've obviously never elk hunted in Montana ive hunted both and Wyoming wins hands down.
Don't blame the fuggin G- bears on Wyoming if you wanna bitch take it up with a bunch of liberal judges and so called conservation groups.
Wyoming and Idaho had a hunting season 2 years ago until some libtard judge stopped it.

Idaho has a 15 hunting tag limit on wolves and trapping the sons a bitches is legal too
Colorado must be close behind.Since Parks was combined with Wildlife and our POS governor is flaming liberal with his first husband pushing anti hunting and wolf introduction it only gets worse.They treat the resident hunters and 2nd class bu basing tag allocations and permit numbers base on 2009 statistics
Originally Posted by flintlocke

That was trained by Oregon’s dept of failure and waste
He’s right. All you folks thinking about moving somewhere should pick Texas. Way better there.
I’ve always thought Wyoming had pretty darn good wildlife management, but what do I know.

I see Texas allowed over 250,00 illegal aliens, many violent crimes, pedophiles,fennyl smugglers , to invade the US this year and kill hundreds of American.

Plus all of the public hunting land available in Texas

Dont mess with Texas lol
Some idiot must be putting for some licenses in May and just trying to scare folks away.

Guess what we get to shoot wolves on site in most of the state. Grizz have been forced upon the WG&F by the feds and we have filed suit to get them delisted so they can be hunted.
Elk numbers are at an all time high so what the heck could they be doing wrong there ?

You also should look over the fishing regulations.
In many states, the Depts. of Fish and Wildlife are inundated with lawsuits from big money animal rights groups simply as a fundraiser for their Board. This appeases their base and the dollars never quit pouring in. The lawsuits tend to handcuff many department's projects, and can last long enough (liberal judges!) to run into 2 or more fiscal budgets. Try taking the time to follow those (mostly hidden from the press) lawsuits and see.
Originally Posted by Backroads
The only strike against WY is that ridiculous rule that requires non-res to employ an outfitter to hunt wilderness.

Our MOGA is desperate to follow suit with outfitter tags though, so no judgement from here.

That law about NR's having to have a guide in Wilderness areas was pushed by the Outfitters and implemented into law by Legislators who are beholden to Ranchers & Outfitters or they're Ranchers & outfitters themselves. Wyoming Game & Fish had nothing to do with it.
Originally Posted by bearhuntr
In many states, the Depts. of Fish and Wildlife are inundated with lawsuits from big money animal rights groups simply as a fundraiser for their Board. This appeases their base and the dollars never quit pouring in. The lawsuits tend to handcuff many department's projects, and can last long enough (liberal judges!) to run into 2 or more fiscal budgets. Try taking the time to follow those (mostly hidden from the press) lawsuits and see.

Having personally been a victim of over zealous environmental organizations, I know exactly what you are saying. Here in Calif while we were not paying attention, the Sierra Club, one of the worst, packed the State and Federal bench. Any proposal brought forth, logging, agriculture, game management, fire safe power rights of way, grazing, mining, water projects...is immediately stalled by bullschidt lawsuits from the little lawyer minions of the Sierra Club, a lot of them filing the suits pro bono, so they can be seen as enviro warriors at the cocktail parties. In Calif the real tragedy is not the destruction of sustainable game populations, it's just a symptom of the larger man made disaster, caused by the new norm of mega forest fires which are of such a scale as to actually change the climate by sterilizing the soil so the forest cannot regenerate naturally. Urban minds setting policy for rural problems...as Alaskans well know.

Enjoy Texas. Wyoming is not your problem any more

Sure but I can see you could care less that your WGAF is a mess.
Originally Posted by wytex
Some idiot must be putting for some licenses in May and just trying to scare folks away.

Guess what we get to shoot wolves on site in most of the state. Grizz have been forced upon the WG&F by the feds and we have filed suit to get them delisted so they can be hunted.
Elk numbers are at an all time high so what the heck could they be doing wrong there ?

Here you go WyTex see for yourself. Pitiful isn't it compared to Texas.

https://www.eregulations.com/wyoming/fishing/statewide-creel-limits

As for elk numbers being at an all time high.....

Iowa does a great job of managing fish and game. However, we are at an advantage (disadvantage). We don't have grizzly bears, elk, wolves, buffalo or even wild trout, of any kind. I guess when the numbers are limited it's hard to screw it up. But, like you all, we do have some bunny huggers, but not many. Apparently, you guys got the all the rest of them. laugh

kwg
Rickt300,
So you don't like Wyoming. You think Texas is great. We get it, but who gives schit what you think?
Go away and gfy
Not hard to manage elk in Texas when you have year around hunting and unlimited over the counter tags thats genius management! Same with wolves and G- bears when you dont have any.
Still trying to figure out why you give a fugg anyway.
Thank God we live in a free country, the op is free to remain in Texas where the elk hunting and fishing is far better and less costly.
Wyoming elk hunting is horrible, fishing sucks too.

Nothing more funny than a whining Texan.
Wyoming cant be all bad. They have Joe Pickett.
Damn, tough. Crowd up there In Wyoming.
Originally Posted by smokepole

Damn sensitive at least. OP has some type of investment up there and makes a bitch about it. Next thing you know... everyone's out to get them.
I'm not taking sides but I know where they're coming from. On account of all the non-residents who bitch about my state.
I'm not taking sides but I know where they're coming from. On account of all the non-residents who bitch about my state.

I get it, but what you gotta understand about places like Texas is that we encourage people from other States to visit. Not saying that is good, or bad...just foreign.
I lived in TX twice, nine years total. We left 22 years ago but still have lots of friends down there, Texans are some of the most hospitable people in the world

But nobody likes to be told how to run their business by outsiders.
All the western states suck, midwest and southeast >same-same, northeast well that goes without saying it sucks. Never met any one there I gave a damn about.
Canada, that frozen wasteland ain't worth a damn, bunch of frozen rednecks.
I have been to Wyoming and head there every chance I get.

Their guys cannot possibly pray to be as bad as the Michigan DNR they’re the absolute worst.
Originally Posted by ol_mike
All the western states suck, .

Right you are, and no place in the Western states is more sucky than Wyoming. It is a cold, desolate, windy , barren useless piece of the earth not good for anything. Folks looking to move somewhere for a better way of life should look instead to Texas, or maybe Montana, I hear it's real nice up there. whistle
Originally Posted by efw
I have been to Wyoming and head there every chance I get.

When I was young and working back east, I got a new boss. He said he was from Wyoming, so I said I'd always wanted to visit Wyoming.

His reply was "what the hell for?" He was from Rock Springs.
Pretty much all game and fish depts suck. It is government run after all....

Colorado is really bad. Deer are 100,000 animals below state objective. Their solution is to keep shooting does and allowing the 4th season rut hunt.
You guys are all wrong, California is the worse. The cost of hunting and fishing licenses here are more than an out of state license in many states. The wardens use the French method of justice. You are guilty until till you prove yourself innocent. Besides that, the biggies in fish and game are appointed by the Governor and everybody knows what a liberal jerk he is.
Worse than Nevada? Surely you jest. Suprised they haven't brought in wolves, maybe the only thing stopping that is the bastages would starve.

Only BG animal doing well is antelope, just because of all the newer alfalfa farms, no thanks to NDOW.
Originally Posted by dogcatcher223
Pretty much all game and fish depts suck. It is government run after all....

Colorado is really bad. Deer are 100,000 animals below state objective. Their solution is to keep shooting does and allowing the 4th season rut hunt.

Dont forget the wolves
CP&W wasn't behind that fiasco.
Originally Posted by cuznguido

😂😂😎

you should probably ahve a clue what the definitions of terms used are. Possession lmit does not mean"how many you have in your freezer" it means how any are in your posession. let's say you are on a 3 day fishing camping trip and the CREEL limit per day is 6 yet at the tent you have 15, fish, and 4 in your creel downa t the stream when you get checked. you are within the daily Creel limit but over the possession lmiti.
Originally Posted by ribka

I see Texas allowed over 250,00 illegal aliens, many violent crimes, pedophiles,fennyl smugglers , to invade the US this year and kill hundreds of American.

Dont mess with Texas lol

You really are an idiot aren't you.....
I lived in TX twice, nine years total. We left 22 years ago but still have lots of friends down there, Texans are some of the most hospitable people in the world

I agree 100% but those same people who are taking exception lead the charge in bitching about the border and Texas - where is the difference?

And for the record - Wyoming or any other state can run their business how they want. If you guys don't like NR that's cool - I might could get behind that only residents can hunt the state they reside in.
Originally Posted by RL

Dont mess with Texas lol

only an idiot doesnt see the Irony in Ribka's words compared to the OP
Originally Posted by gitem_12
Originally Posted by RL

Dont mess with Texas lol

Irony???? BS
Originally Posted by cuznguido

😁
Originally Posted by RL
Originally Posted by RL

Dont mess with Texas lol

Irony???? BS

he is literally framing his statements with the same argument as the OP. IE the Op is blaming the satte for poor management decisions forced on them by the Feds, Ribka is simply using the same words putting the blame on Texans for illegal immigrants when the Feds are casuing the problem

you should probably ahve a clue what the definitions of terms used are. Possession lmit does not mean"how many you have in your freezer" it means how any are in your posession. let's say you are on a 3 day fishing camping trip and the CREEL limit per day is 6 yet at the tent you have 15, fish, and 4 in your creel downa t the stream when you get checked. you are within the daily Creel limit but over the possession lmiti.

Here is your clue Otis. In general your creel and possession limits are exactly the same. And you are allowed to have in your possession a one day limit of fish. Doesn't matter if it is in your creel or freezer they all count as part of the "limit".

https://wgfd.wyo.gov/Regional-Offic...n-you-explain-creel-and-possesion-limits
Originally Posted by RL
Originally Posted by RL

Dont mess with Texas lol

Irony???? BS

he is literally framing his statements with the same argument as the OP. IE the Op is blaming the satte for poor management decisions forced on them by the Feds, Ribka is simply using the same words putting the blame on Texans for illegal immigrants when the Feds are casuing the problem

The difference being the WGAF has spent millions of hunter dollars helping the feds with their wolf and Grizzly programs. The state of Wyoming does not have to help the feds. The state of Texas is not spending money helping the feds with their illegal immigrant fetish.
Originally Posted by ltppowell

Damn sensitive at least. OP has some type of investment up there and makes a bitch about it. Next thing you know... everyone's out to get them.

I do own a house in Wyoming, had the same renters for 12 years. Seems to be some misconception among many of the posters, I truly like Wyoming a great deal second only to Texas. I am not saying anything against the state itself just the piss poor excuse for wildlife management WGAF is. Love that acronym.
Rickt300,
So you don't like Wyoming. You think Texas is great. We get it, but who gives schit what you think?
Go away and gfy

Reading comprehension issues? Low IQ? Why wouldn't Wyoming residents want a functioning Game and Fish department?
Originally Posted by jnyork
Thank God we live in a free country, the op is free to remain in Texas where the elk hunting and fishing is far better and less costly.

One could easily make the case that fishing is better in Texas. Elk hunting is hard to quantify as I know it is done but I have never hunted elk in Texas. Then again I can't see why you prefer WGAF to manage Grizzly bears and wolves instead of manage for the maximum number of elk possible. Pretty sure deer hunting is pretty good in Texas also. Is there some reason you feel WGAF is a stellar example of wildlife management practices?

Been here since 1985……I ain’t impressed with our G&F! But then…….I’m not impressed with our politicians either! memtb
Wyoming has all the elk we need righty now, above objectives in many areas.
The reason they "manage" grizz and wolves is so we can shoot them. Right now the feds dictate what WYG&F can do with the grizz and wolves in certain areas. We shoot all the wolves we can in areas the feds have little say. Feds won't let us hunt grizz, not our fault.

Your elk comment has no merit, we have tone of elk in Wyoming.

Sorry memtb but I've ben here just about the same amount of time and have seen G&F do some good things, not all has been rosy. Get involved of you don't like what they are doing in your area.
Originally Posted by memtb

Been here since 1985……I ain’t impressed with our G&F! But then…….I’m not impressed with our politicians either! memtb

Will Wyoming kick Liz Cheney to the curb?
Wyoming has all the elk we need righty now, above objectives in many areas.
The reason they "manage" grizz and wolves is so we can shoot them. Right now the feds dictate what WYG&F can do with the grizz and wolves in certain areas. We shoot all the wolves we can in areas the feds have little say. Feds won't let us hunt grizz, not our fault.

Your elk comment has no merit, we have tone of elk in Wyoming.

Sorry memtb but I've ben here just about the same amount of time and have seen G&F do some good things, not all has been rosy. Get involved of you don't like what they are doing in your area.

Above objectives? That is damn funny right there. Set "objectives" to an artificial low and you are good. For instance why are elk numbers so low compared to the early 90's? Why are Mule deer numbers so low? The "feds" can't force WGAF to spend money (which it collects from hunting licenses) on wolf or grizzly programs if they don't want to. As for areas the "feds" have little say you must be speaking of private property since actual state properties pale compared to the national forests and parks. And why are sheep allowed to graze the sage so short? Since 1994 I have not seen any positives created by WGAF, if you have I would like to hear of them. Around that time it seemed the WGAF sold out to special interests and the federal govt. They bowed down and let them run wildlife management in the state. This coincides with the Clinton presidency.

Not to mention a planned expansion of national forest turned into wilderness areas.

https://dirtbikemagazine.com/Media/News/bridger-teton.jpg
This bill will screw Wyoming to tears.

https://www.congress.gov/bill/116th-congress/house-bill/1321

And other states also.

https://allianceforthewildrockies.org/nrepa/
Proposed map

https://allianceforthewildrockies.org/wp-content/uploads/2021/03/NREPA-map-2021_1200.jpg
You just answered your own questions with your last 2 post about Grizzly bear and Wolf management.
The government will fugg up a sh$$ Sammich
You obviously haven't been following along very closely the last 25 years whats been going on in the courts or what the original agreements were to how many wolves there were suppose to be.

Here is your clue Otis. In general your creel and possession limits are exactly the same. And you are allowed to have in your possession a one day limit of fish. Doesn't matter if it is in your creel or freezer they all count as part of the "limit".

their interpretation is wrong and i think you will find caselaw to back that up.
You just answered your own questions with your last 2 post about Grizzly bear and Wolf management.
You obviously haven't been following along very closely the last 25 years whats been going on in the courts or what the original agreements were to how many wolves there were suppose to be.

You seem dense, WGAF is not required to spend hunting license monies on federal programs or provide support for said programs but they have and have done so happily.

their interpretation is wrong and i think you will find caselaw to back that up.

You should visit the medical marijuana dispensary less often......... WGAF sets the creel/possession limits, yes they suck and point to pitiful fisheries management but they do make the rules.
NOPE maine is the WORST
Originally Posted by BluMtn
Wy. hasn't got anything as bad as Washington State when it comes to screwing up our fish and game. It is beyond help here.

Yep, between our predators completely outta control, Indians doing as they please Washington is fuucked.

Btw, pard and I burnt our max antelope points last year, had a unbelievable experience in Wyoming. Can’t wait til I draw my buck and bull tag over there. 👊🏻

You seem dense, WGAF is not required to spend hunting license monies on federal programs or provide support for said programs but they have and have done so happily.

Your the dense fuggtard, explain why you give a [bleep] what wyoming does.
TX game dept is pretty friggin' stupid as well. No place else I have ever hunted requires me to bring the head of a doe out. A tit still naturally attached to a hind leg proves the deer is a doe just as much as the head does and I don't have to dispose of a doe head when I get home. TX won't let me bone a deer out and leave the bones in the field. Why bring bones out? TX won't let you salvage a fresh road kill. TX won't establish free roaming elk despite them being a native game animal and the same can be said of bison but they'll let people raise them as livestock for people to shoot. None of this makes any sense.
Originally Posted by Judman
Originally Posted by BluMtn

Yep, between our predators completely outta control, Indians doing as they please Washington is fuucked.

Btw, pard and I burnt our max antelope points last year, had a unbelievable experience in Wyoming. Can’t wait til I draw my buck and bull tag over there. 👊🏻

Have to say antelope hunting is a nice pastime. Shot my share already but might do it again someday. Weather is the deciding factor in antelope populations, in fact weather manages wildlife in Wyoming far more than WGAF. Other than the wolves and grizzly bears anyway. Those two probably get heated huts to live in and elk steaks delivered 3 times a day.
Originally Posted by MAC
TX game dept is pretty friggin' stupid as well. No place else I have ever hunted requires me to bring the head of a doe out. A tit still naturally attached to a hind leg proves the deer is a doe just as much as the head does and I don't have to dispose of a doe head when I get home. TX won't let me bone a deer out and leave the bones in the field. Why bring bones out? TX won't let you salvage a fresh road kill. TX won't establish free roaming elk despite them being a native game animal and the same can be said of bison but they'll let people raise them as livestock for people to shoot. None of this makes any sense.

Awww how did you get to be such a whining pitiful little bitch? Gotta dispose of a doe head whooptedoo. Yep I can see how roadkill would be so important to you. And a free roaming elk herd, sure that would be great except there are already free roaming elk in Texas. Bison yep I want them running around wrecking fences and spreading Brucelosis.

I can and will say the same to you. And by the way Otis the subject is WGAF and not the state in total.
300, feel free to at home, doubt you will be missed. Ha, Ha,
Originally Posted by MAC

Awww how did you get to be such a whining pitiful little bitch? Gotta dispose of a doe head whooptedoo. Yep I can see how roadkill would be so important to you. And a free roaming elk herd, sure that would be great except there are already free roaming elk in Texas. Bison yep I want them running around wrecking fences and spreading Brucelosis

Once again I ask if you are really this stupid? Your entire rant on this thread is showing you whining about a whole lot of stuff. Why should a hunter have to bring a doe head out? Why not leave it in the field? I never said it was difficult to get rid of but having to do it is dumb. Bringing out bones is dumb. A roadkill isn't important to me Fool but there is no reason why someone cannot salvage the meat if they want to. Requiring it to be left for the buzzards is dumb. All elk in TX are classified as livestock and they only roam free on private land. They are not considered a game animal and that is dumb. Not allowing bison because of Brucellosis (by the way you spelled it wrong) is dumb. And you know what else in TX is dumb? You.

I swear every time I read one of your posts I lose IQ points. I sure hope you haven't been breeding more morons.

Originally Posted by MAC

Awww how did you get to be such a whining pitiful little bitch? Gotta dispose of a doe head whooptedoo. Yep I can see how roadkill would be so important to you. And a free roaming elk herd, sure that would be great except there are already free roaming elk in Texas. Bison yep I want them running around wrecking fences and spreading Brucelosis.

I can and will say the same to you. And by the way Otis the subject is WGAF and not the state in total.

Oh and by the way let me SPELL IT OUT FOR YOU WHY IN THE HELL DO YOU GIVE A [bleep] WHAT WYOMING FISH AND GAME DOES. COMPRENDE!!!
I'd have to vote Oregon in as the worst
Yep WGFD has it so screwed up I can only shoot three elk per year. Come back out Rick, I can have my wife lead you around to one. Or my ten year old if you can’t keep up.

You should visit the medical marijuana dispensary less often......... WGAF sets the creel/possession limits, yes they suck and point to pitiful fisheries management but they do make the rules.

show me the language in the codified statute. not a web page FAQ answer
Originally Posted by RL

I agree 100% but those same people who are taking exception lead the charge in bitching about the border and Texas - where is the difference?

And for the record - Wyoming or any other state can run their business how they want. If you guys don't like NR that's cool - I might could get behind that only residents can hunt the state they reside in.

First off, I don't live in WY so I have no say in how they deal with NR hunters. Except to vote with my feet and hunt somewhere else if I don't like it.

But I agree, the border is a non-issue, as far as Texas's responsibility to secure it. In fact, Texas bears a disproportional share of the burden that comes from the feds not securing the border so if anything Texan's are the ones with the legitimate gripe on anything border related.

show me the language in the codified statute. not a web page FAQ answer

Not sure what you are refernecing but here are the fishing regs: https://wgfd.wyo.gov/Regulations/Regulation-PDFs/WYFISHINGREGS_BROCHURE.pdf
Yes. elk are over objectives and they are trying to reduce herds in many areas. I have no clue where you get info but it is not correct on elk in Wyoming.
\Wolves are predators on most of the state and can be shot on site, that is given in Wyoming. https://wgfd.wyo.gov/Regulations/Regulation-PDFs/REGULATIONS_CH47_BROCHURE.pdf
Originally Posted by memtb

Will Wyoming kick Liz Cheney to the curb?

Maybe, maybe not. Never voted for her so I hope so. Not your worry either though.
Oh and guess what, the link you provided about wilderness makes no mention of not allowing hunting in those areas. Guess what, residents would be able to hunt the new wilderness areas but NR wouldn't without a guide.
Oregon is worse.

Proof..

http://www.oregonoutdoorcouncil.org...75wWMQkzs-3pPH_o5o5GGz7a51tVrM8wtDNPxvOE
Originally Posted by BuzzH
Wyoming elk hunting is horrible, fishing sucks too.

Nothing more funny than a whining Texan.

The only thing funnier are watching liberal democrats whine as their brain dead president flounders idiotically.

Buzz,

Do you ever feel embarrassed for voting for joe biden?

How about for advocating for vaccine mandates then mocking people who lost theirs jobs bc of them? Especially after they were stuck down in court.

Are you still clinging to your mask even after the clown of an administration you endorse lost another court case? You think masks are still saving tons of lives?

And i know you still think trump and russia colluded and the hunter biden laptop is russian disinformation.

So its very odd to me that you would laugh at anyone else, when you hold some of the most idiotic positions humanly possible. I guess thats expected from a democrat these days.
© 24hourcampfire