Page 5 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
R
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
R
Originally Posted by MickeyD
Rickt300,
So you don't like Wyoming. You think Texas is great. We get it, but who gives schit what you think?
Go away and gfy

Reading comprehension issues? Low IQ? Why wouldn't Wyoming residents want a functioning Game and Fish department?

Dog I rescued in January

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

GB1

R
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
R
Originally Posted by jnyork
Thank God we live in a free country, the op is free to remain in Texas where the elk hunting and fishing is far better and less costly.

One could easily make the case that fishing is better in Texas. Elk hunting is hard to quantify as I know it is done but I have never hunted elk in Texas. Then again I can't see why you prefer WGAF to manage Grizzly bears and wolves instead of manage for the maximum number of elk possible. Pretty sure deer hunting is pretty good in Texas also. Is there some reason you feel WGAF is a stellar example of wildlife management practices?

Dog I rescued in January

M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M

Been here since 1985……I ain’t impressed with our G&F! But then…….I’m not impressed with our politicians either! memtb

Last edited by memtb; 04/19/22.

You should not use a rifle that will kill an animal when everything goes right; you should use one that will do the job when everything goes wrong." -Bob Hagel

“I’d like to be a good rifleman…..but, I prefer to be a good hunter”! memtb 2024
W
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
W
Wyoming has all the elk we need righty now, above objectives in many areas.
The reason they "manage" grizz and wolves is so we can shoot them. Right now the feds dictate what WYG&F can do with the grizz and wolves in certain areas. We shoot all the wolves we can in areas the feds have little say. Feds won't let us hunt grizz, not our fault.

Your elk comment has no merit, we have tone of elk in Wyoming.

Sorry memtb but I've ben here just about the same amount of time and have seen G&F do some good things, not all has been rosy. Get involved of you don't like what they are doing in your area.

R
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
R
Originally Posted by memtb

Been here since 1985……I ain’t impressed with our G&F! But then…….I’m not impressed with our politicians either! memtb

Will Wyoming kick Liz Cheney to the curb?

Dog I rescued in January

IC B2

R
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
R
Originally Posted by wytex
Wyoming has all the elk we need righty now, above objectives in many areas.
The reason they "manage" grizz and wolves is so we can shoot them. Right now the feds dictate what WYG&F can do with the grizz and wolves in certain areas. We shoot all the wolves we can in areas the feds have little say. Feds won't let us hunt grizz, not our fault.

Your elk comment has no merit, we have tone of elk in Wyoming.

Sorry memtb but I've ben here just about the same amount of time and have seen G&F do some good things, not all has been rosy. Get involved of you don't like what they are doing in your area.

Above objectives? That is damn funny right there. Set "objectives" to an artificial low and you are good. For instance why are elk numbers so low compared to the early 90's? Why are Mule deer numbers so low? The "feds" can't force WGAF to spend money (which it collects from hunting licenses) on wolf or grizzly programs if they don't want to. As for areas the "feds" have little say you must be speaking of private property since actual state properties pale compared to the national forests and parks. And why are sheep allowed to graze the sage so short? Since 1994 I have not seen any positives created by WGAF, if you have I would like to hear of them. Around that time it seemed the WGAF sold out to special interests and the federal govt. They bowed down and let them run wildlife management in the state. This coincides with the Clinton presidency.

Not to mention a planned expansion of national forest turned into wilderness areas.

https://dirtbikemagazine.com/Media/News/bridger-teton.jpg

Dog I rescued in January

R
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
R

Dog I rescued in January

R
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
R

Dog I rescued in January

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
You just answered your own questions with your last 2 post about Grizzly bear and Wolf management.
The government will fugg up a sh$$ Sammich
You obviously haven't been following along very closely the last 25 years whats been going on in the courts or what the original agreements were to how many wolves there were suppose to be.

G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Originally Posted by rickt300
Originally Posted by gitem_12
Some idiot must be putting for some licenses in May and just trying to scare folks away.

Guess what we get to shoot wolves on site in most of the state. Grizz have been forced upon the WG&F by the feds and we have filed suit to get them delisted so they can be hunted.
Elk numbers are at an all time high so what the heck could they be doing wrong there ?

You also should look over the fishing regulations.

Here you go WyTex see for yourself. Pitiful isn't it compared to Texas.

https://www.eregulations.com/wyoming/fishing/statewide-creel-limits

As for elk numbers being at an all time high.....

https://www.tsln.com/news/wyoming-e...ine-hunting-wolves-identified-as-causes/

you should probably ahve a clue what the definitions of terms used are. Possession lmit does not mean"how many you have in your freezer" it means how any are in your posession. let's say you are on a 3 day fishing camping trip and the CREEL limit per day is 6 yet at the tent you have 15, fish, and 4 in your creel downa t the stream when you get checked. you are within the daily Creel limit but over the possession lmiti.

Here is your clue Otis. In general your creel and possession limits are exactly the same. And you are allowed to have in your possession a one day limit of fish. Doesn't matter if it is in your creel or freezer they all count as part of the "limit".

https://wgfd.wyo.gov/Regional-Offic...n-you-explain-creel-and-possesion-limits

their interpretation is wrong and i think you will find caselaw to back that up.

The government plans these shootings by targeting kids from kindergarten that the government thinks they can control with drugs until the appropriate time--DerbyDude

Whatever. Tell the oompa loompa's hey for me. [/quote]. LtPPowell

IC B3

R
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
R
Originally Posted by sherm_61
You just answered your own questions with your last 2 post about Grizzly bear and Wolf management.
You obviously haven't been following along very closely the last 25 years whats been going on in the courts or what the original agreements were to how many wolves there were suppose to be.

You seem dense, WGAF is not required to spend hunting license monies on federal programs or provide support for said programs but they have and have done so happily.

Dog I rescued in January

R
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
R
Some idiot must be putting for some licenses in May and just trying to scare folks away.

Guess what we get to shoot wolves on site in most of the state. Grizz have been forced upon the WG&F by the feds and we have filed suit to get them delisted so they can be hunted.
Elk numbers are at an all time high so what the heck could they be doing wrong there ?

You also should look over the fishing regulations.

Here you go WyTex see for yourself. Pitiful isn't it compared to Texas.

https://www.eregulations.com/wyoming/fishing/statewide-creel-limits

As for elk numbers being at an all time high.....

https://www.tsln.com/news/wyoming-e...ine-hunting-wolves-identified-as-causes/

you should probably ahve a clue what the definitions of terms used are. Possession lmit does not mean"how many you have in your freezer" it means how any are in your posession. let's say you are on a 3 day fishing camping trip and the CREEL limit per day is 6 yet at the tent you have 15, fish, and 4 in your creel downa t the stream when you get checked. you are within the daily Creel limit but over the possession lmiti.

Here is your clue Otis. In general your creel and possession limits are exactly the same. And you are allowed to have in your possession a one day limit of fish. Doesn't matter if it is in your creel or freezer they all count as part of the "limit".

https://wgfd.wyo.gov/Regional-Offic...n-you-explain-creel-and-possesion-limits

their interpretation is wrong and i think you will find caselaw to back that up.

You should visit the medical marijuana dispensary less often......... WGAF sets the creel/possession limits, yes they suck and point to pitiful fisheries management but they do make the rules.

Dog I rescued in January

G
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
G
NOPE maine is the WORST

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Originally Posted by BluMtn
Wy. hasn't got anything as bad as Washington State when it comes to screwing up our fish and game. It is beyond help here.

Yep, between our predators completely outta control, Indians doing as they please Washington is fuucked.

Btw, pard and I burnt our max antelope points last year, had a unbelievable experience in Wyoming. Can’t wait til I draw my buck and bull tag over there. 👊🏻

Ping pong balls for the win.
Once you've wrestled everything else in life is easy. Dan Gable
I keep my circle small, I’d rather have 4 quarters than 100 pennies.

Ain’t easy havin pals.
S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S

You seem dense, WGAF is not required to spend hunting license monies on federal programs or provide support for said programs but they have and have done so happily.

Your the dense fuggtard, explain why you give a [bleep] what wyoming does.

MAC Online Content
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
TX game dept is pretty friggin' stupid as well. No place else I have ever hunted requires me to bring the head of a doe out. A tit still naturally attached to a hind leg proves the deer is a doe just as much as the head does and I don't have to dispose of a doe head when I get home. TX won't let me bone a deer out and leave the bones in the field. Why bring bones out? TX won't let you salvage a fresh road kill. TX won't establish free roaming elk despite them being a native game animal and the same can be said of bison but they'll let people raise them as livestock for people to shoot. None of this makes any sense.

You get out of life what you are willing to accept. If you ain't happy, do something about it!
R
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
R
Originally Posted by Judman
Originally Posted by BluMtn
Wy. hasn't got anything as bad as Washington State when it comes to screwing up our fish and game. It is beyond help here.

Yep, between our predators completely outta control, Indians doing as they please Washington is fuucked.

Btw, pard and I burnt our max antelope points last year, had a unbelievable experience in Wyoming. Can’t wait til I draw my buck and bull tag over there. 👊🏻

Have to say antelope hunting is a nice pastime. Shot my share already but might do it again someday. Weather is the deciding factor in antelope populations, in fact weather manages wildlife in Wyoming far more than WGAF. Other than the wolves and grizzly bears anyway. Those two probably get heated huts to live in and elk steaks delivered 3 times a day.

Dog I rescued in January

R
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
R
Originally Posted by MAC
TX game dept is pretty friggin' stupid as well. No place else I have ever hunted requires me to bring the head of a doe out. A tit still naturally attached to a hind leg proves the deer is a doe just as much as the head does and I don't have to dispose of a doe head when I get home. TX won't let me bone a deer out and leave the bones in the field. Why bring bones out? TX won't let you salvage a fresh road kill. TX won't establish free roaming elk despite them being a native game animal and the same can be said of bison but they'll let people raise them as livestock for people to shoot. None of this makes any sense.

Awww how did you get to be such a whining pitiful little bitch? Gotta dispose of a doe head whooptedoo. Yep I can see how roadkill would be so important to you. And a free roaming elk herd, sure that would be great except there are already free roaming elk in Texas. Bison yep I want them running around wrecking fences and spreading Brucelosis.

Your the dense fuggtard, explain why you give a [bleep] what wyoming does.

I can and will say the same to you. And by the way Otis the subject is WGAF and not the state in total.

Dog I rescued in January

W
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
W
300, feel free to at home, doubt you will be missed. Ha, Ha,

Last edited by WyoCoyoteHunter; 04/19/22.

Molon Labe
MAC Online Content
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by MAC

Awww how did you get to be such a whining pitiful little bitch? Gotta dispose of a doe head whooptedoo. Yep I can see how roadkill would be so important to you. And a free roaming elk herd, sure that would be great except there are already free roaming elk in Texas. Bison yep I want them running around wrecking fences and spreading Brucelosis

Once again I ask if you are really this stupid? Your entire rant on this thread is showing you whining about a whole lot of stuff. Why should a hunter have to bring a doe head out? Why not leave it in the field? I never said it was difficult to get rid of but having to do it is dumb. Bringing out bones is dumb. A roadkill isn't important to me Fool but there is no reason why someone cannot salvage the meat if they want to. Requiring it to be left for the buzzards is dumb. All elk in TX are classified as livestock and they only roam free on private land. They are not considered a game animal and that is dumb. Not allowing bison because of Brucellosis (by the way you spelled it wrong) is dumb. And you know what else in TX is dumb? You.

I swear every time I read one of your posts I lose IQ points. I sure hope you haven't been breeding more morons.

You get out of life what you are willing to accept. If you ain't happy, do something about it!
Page 5 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

595 members (1badf350, 16gage, 12344mag, 10gaugemag, 06hunter59, 1lessdog, 53 invisible), 2,998 guests, and 1,283 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,958
Posts18,519,418
Members74,020
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.