Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
Holston Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
Getting ready to start shooting silhouette again. This is the 200 yard bench version of the game.

Sold my CZ that I uses in the past. Going to give Kidd a try this time.

Been reading a little on them. Going to get the 18” super grade. Will be putting in a Victor Titan. SS trigger @ 2lb.

Read last night to go with black bolt, because they seem to work smoother.

Any other small “tips” or things to know before ordering?

Thanks

GB1

B
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
B
Yeah, check prices on ebay first. They may be cheaper there.

Originally Posted by raybass
I try to stick with the basics, they do so well. Nothing fancy mind you, just plain jane will get it done with style.
Originally Posted by Pharmseller
You want to see an animal drop right now? Shoot him in the ear hole.

BSA MAGA
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
There is a very nice Kidd for sale on Rimfirecentral.com right now....

Never underestimate your ability to overestimate your ability.
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I assume you're talking about Saltville?

I shot that match last weekend.

I have a KIDD Classic in a Victor Titan. You're welcome to check it out.

My buddy that shot the match with me has a KIDD Supergrade in a MagPul stock.

Both rifles shoot well and I've won that match shooting the KIDD, but I've won more of the matches shooting a Vudoo.

Holston Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
Yep, I’d like to start shooting again there and at Kettlefoot.

Was wondering if you shot in it….

Hopefully they will have plenty of interest this time and keep it going.

I’d love a Vudoo, but can’t swing one at the moment. I think a Kidd should shoot better than I can with ammo it likes.

Last edited by Holston; 04/19/22.
IC B2

H
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
H
Buddy has a Kidd. Its his fave.
Nothing but praise and hes kinda picky.

Holston Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
Got the rifle and stock ordered, will see what shakes out when it's all put together.

C
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C
You’re gonna love it. Mine sits in the same stock and I have no complaints

She never made it past the bedroom door, what was she aiming for...?
She's gone shootin..
B
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
B
I'm with you cert, I think he will love it. If he likes precision/accuracy. When I see threads like these it makes me want to go out and shoot mine. The sucker shoots and I have some new ammo I have been wanting to try in it. Managed to score some wolf match a while back and also some of that Norma tac everyone has been talking about lately. I expect my Kidd barreled 10-22 to shoot exceptionally well with both of those ammo's. The way I see it is it is far less of a gamble by going with a Kidd than with any other barrel manufacture, until you step up into a Lilja or Federson. Kidd ranks among the most accurate you can get and the nice thing is their prices are not way out of line. I paid around $250.00 for my barrel last year, after trying out a green mountain and not being happy with it. The Kidd is impressive with all types of ammo.

I try to stick with the basics, they do so well. Nothing fancy mind you, just plain jane will get it done with style.

BSA MAGA
C
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C
Yeah bsa…possibly my favorite attribute of said rifle is it eats across the entire spectrum of ammo with zero fuss or problems.

It is surprisingly accurate with aguila sv which I was buying for $200 a case shipped. In fact I rarely feed it anything else because of that.

And that’s the kind of cost/return ratio that makes a rimfire guy grin ear to ear you know…

She never made it past the bedroom door, what was she aiming for...?
She's gone shootin..
IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
What constitutes "fairly accurate" at 100 and 200yds in the mid-priced rimfire world? I have no experience there, other than some Clark 10-22 rifles we've used for fun out at 100-150yds. No fancy ammo yet.

Now with even more aplomb
B
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
B
Originally Posted by JPro
What constitutes "fairly accurate" at 100 and 200yds in the mid-priced rimfire world? I have no experience there, other than some Clark 10-22 rifles we've used for fun out at 100-150yds. No fancy ammo yet.

"Farirly accurate". This could get interesting. My '52 model B will put 10 shots into an inch at 100...with iron sights.. go

BSA MAGA
Holston Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
I’m looking for plenty of accuracy, to where if I miss a silhouette it’s me and not the rifle.

Not an extremely tall order, hoping I can get there without the higher end ammo.

My CZ 452 Varmint was boringly consistent and accurate with both Federal 719 and 711B. Sold that rifle when I started working Saturdays, but should have held on to it. My current 452 American will easily shoot well under .5” @ 50 yards, and is plenty enough for the matches I’ll be shooting, but I’d rather not have it pull both range and field duty.

I had a nice stash of various ammo from previous testing of a few rifles, but have since given most of it away to friends/fellow shooters doing same. Current .22s, all hunting rifles, rely solely on Mini mags, and all shoot those very well. I’m hoping this Kidd will do decent with some of the mid priced stuff that seems to be readily available. SK standard +, Wolf MT, etc.

Still deciding on optics. Will most likely step up a bit from the 10x SWFAs I normally run on “range” rifles. Currently looking at options from Athlon and Arken.

B
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
B
Originally Posted by Holston
I’m looking for plenty of accuracy, to where if I miss a silhouette it’s me and not the rifle.

Not an extremely tall order, hoping I can get there without the higher end ammo.

My CZ 452 Varmint was boringly consistent and accurate with both Federal 719 and 711B. Sold that rifle when I started working Saturdays, but should have held on to it. My current 452 American will easily shoot well under .5” @ 50 yards, and is plenty enough for the matches I’ll be shooting, but I’d rather not have it pull both range and field duty.

I had a nice stash of various ammo from previous testing of a few rifles, but have since given most of it away to friends/fellow shooters doing same. Current .22s, all hunting rifles, rely solely on Mini mags, and all shoot those very well. I’m hoping this Kidd will do decent with some of the mid priced stuff that seems to be readily available. SK standard +, Wolf MT, etc.

Still deciding on optics. Will most likely step up a bit from the 10x SWFAs I normally run on “range” rifles. Currently looking at options from Athlon and Arken.

Those Arken scopes are pretty impressive. I shoot varmint silhouette on targets out to 800 yards. There is one guy that was shooting on my squad that was running a new Arken and he was doing very well with his new creed he just had put together. That Arken was tracking extremely well. That's a good test for a scope's tracking ability because you are always dialing in that event. As for ammo, like Certifiable said the Kidd's are not finicky. I shoot some pretty stellar groups with cheap azzed ammo in mine as well. A funny story I told in the 10-22 thread about one of my retired Airborne Ranger buddies in a know your limits shoot we had last year. His rifle was giving him fits so I offered to let him use my rifle with the Kidd barrel. After he kicked our azz with my ammo, I told him he was going to have to use his ammo. In a joking way, not to be a dick. I adjusted the scope to where I thought it should be for some standard velocity stuff. He was using some old golden bullet remingtons. I always bring a few rifles, depending on how the competition is, so I shot my Savage MKI FVT single shot. We were both cleaning up the competition, but when it came time to shoot against my buddy (who was using my rifle and cheap azzed ammo), he cleaned my clock. Well, he was ringing the 8th target as I was on the 7th. The damn Eley target ammo was sticking to my fingers as I tried loading it in my rifle. I wasn't quite fast enough with the single shot!!! No one could believe he was consistently hitting the 1/4" targets with that damn cheap ammo. I'm thinking you are going to have similar results with your Kidd.
[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

BSA MAGA
Holston Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
Ended up ordering a Midas Tac from Doug.

Looking forward to getting everything in and seeing what all the fuss is about.

B
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
B
Let us know how it shoots for you.

BSA MAGA
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
If you can scratch a couple more bucks together, get the Kidd two-stage trigger, also. You will not be sorry. Best consistent, repeatable trigger out there, IMHO.

Slaves get what they need. Free men get what they want.

Rehabilitation is way overrated.

Orwell wasn't wrong.

GOA member
disappointed NRA member

24HCF SEARCH
Holston Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
I went with single stage.

If I like the platform and it shoots/functions well, I’ll build an UL for my wife and Kidd. Might grab a two-stage then, swap and try it. I have read lots of good things about them.

Everything is shipped and on its way, should be together by next weekend.

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by Holston
I went with single stage.

If I like the platform and it shoots/functions well, I’ll build an UL for my wife and Kidd. Might grab a two-stage then, swap and try it. I have read lots of good things about them.

Everything is shipped and on its way, should be together by next weekend.

Which Midas Tac? 4-16×44? If you go up in magnification from there, there's a big uptick in weight. I guess if you're only going to shoot bench, it doesn't really matter.

Slaves get what they need. Free men get what they want.

Rehabilitation is way overrated.

Orwell wasn't wrong.

GOA member
disappointed NRA member

24HCF SEARCH
Holston Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
I went with the 6-24x50. Weight doesn’t matter here. The 4-16 would have been fine, but I figured I’d try something bigger for once just to see if I like it.

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

595 members (06hunter59, 12344mag, 02bfishn, 1234, 163bc, 01Foreman400, 62 invisible), 2,516 guests, and 1,340 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,573
Posts18,491,951
Members73,972
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.