Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4
I
Campfire Ranger
OP Online Happy
Campfire Ranger
I
I broke the tip off from a St Croix Eyecon 7 ft rod yesterday. Due to advice from Osky via PM (Thanks again) I called St Croix CS this afternoon.

They did not even ask how I broke it. Model #, Serial #, and a new rod top half is on the way. They asked for a nominal fee of $25. I paid $160 last June for the rod. I am scared to ask what the replacement cost is today.

So yeppers, I am a Happy Cam............well maybe not that. But I am very pleased with the company's customer service.

I am sure there will be more St Croix gear in my future. Grandkids just keep having birthdays.

People who choose to brew up their own storms bitch loudest about the rain.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Good to hear. I like their ultralight and walleye rods.

A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
I have several St. Croix rods and they’re not bad. It’s good to know that they offer a decent warranty. Most of my rods are GLoomis followed by Lamiglass and those companies have always been top notch with warranty repair/replacement.

�Politicians are the lowest form of life on earth. Liberal Democrats are the lowest form of politician.� �General George S. Patton, Jr.

---------------------------------------------------------
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Dang aces, you don't mess around.

A wise man is frequently humbled.

J
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
J
I had a great experience with them. With an ultralight trout rod, I broke the tip. Emailed them, explained that I broke it while busting through brush, asked if it could be fixed. Told me to send it in, a week or so later got a new one shipped to me, free of charge. I am a happy customer of theirs!

......the occasional hunter wielding a hopelessly inaccurate rifle, living by the fantastical rule that this cartridge can deliver the goods, regardless of shot placement or rifle accuracy. The correct term for this is minute of ego.
IC B2

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
They generally enjoy a good reputation from those I fish with. I have 2 of their rods. Very nice but older ones from before Sportsman's Warehouse closed up here.

Musky guys love them here in Wisconsin.

Me

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Yep, same here !

Had 2 replaced under warranty.

Had to send them the same info you did + picture of breakage.

In the case of the 3" tip breakage, They asked for an additional picture, of the rod sawed in half, so that I couldn't repair the tip of that rod.

Both new rods shipped almost immediately.

Paul.

"Kids who grow up hunting, fishing & trapping, do not mug little old Ladies"
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by AcesNeights
I have several St. Croix rods and they’re not bad. It’s good to know that they offer a decent warranty. Most of my rods are GLoomis followed by Lamiglass and those companies have always been top notch with warranty repair/replacement.

St.Croix makes good rods. GLoomis are my favorite factory rods.

Fishing tackle is a lot like optics...you want stuff that that works, but there is a point of diminishing returns.

The only thing worse than a liberal is a liberal that thinks they're a conservative.
K
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
K
Have used St. Croix Muskierods for a long time and just bought another one this morning. Never had an issue but it's good to know they stand behind their product.

Use to use Loomis, but found their muskie rods sucked majorly. Good bass rods though if you're into that kinda thing.

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by ltppowell

Fishing tackle is a lot like optics...you want stuff that that works, but there is a point of diminishing returns.

Yeah, for sure.

Inland lake fishing only, St Croix fits the bill perfectly for me, without the 2x price tag of the Loomis products.

Used lots of Loomis, back when I was in Australia & fishing salt.

Paul.

"Kids who grow up hunting, fishing & trapping, do not mug little old Ladies"
IC B3

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Ky221
Have used St. Croix Muskierods for a long time and just bought another one this morning. Never had an issue but it's good to know they stand behind their product.

Use to use Loomis, but found their muskie rods sucked majorly. Good bass rods though if you're into that kinda thing.

I’ve never owned a musky rod but have always thought of Garry Loomis as top tier bass specialty rods also. Similar to Sage for fly rods. I like the St. Croix ultralights a lot and their walleye rods are nice but I like the Fenwick walleye series jigging rods a bit more.

K
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
K
Originally Posted by TheLastLemming76

I’ve never owned a musky rod but have always thought of Garry Loomis as top tier bass specialty rods also. Similar to Sage for fly rods. I like the St. Croix ultralights a lot and their walleye rods are nice but I like the Fenwick walleye series jigging rods a bit more.

There are a lot of good Muskie rods out there and I own/have owned several different brands but St. Croix is at the top in that department and IMO has no equal.

Back when I use to bass fish a little, I had a Loomis GLX that was a great rod and highly sensitive; but I'm not sure it was that much better than my current Avid X that was 50% less.

My wife has a medium Fenwick EliteTech spinning rod that she has beat some pretty nice bass down with. It's a really great rod for the $.

I
Campfire Ranger
OP Online Happy
Campfire Ranger
I
I have never been in Muskie, Pike, or Walleye waters.

I have slow UL rods for panfish, and fast ML rods for trout and bass, and usually that is actuallty what I grab for crappie. And I have large diameter heavy rods suitable for hauling in a 10 lb catfish or steelhead.

So educate me. What is the difference between a muskie rod and a bass rod? Is there a difference in requirements for dragging in a 12 lb LM bass vs a 12 lb muskie?

Or is it that one must be prepared for the occasional lunker? And would that not require the same equipment as steelhead?

People who choose to brew up their own storms bitch loudest about the rain.
S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
[Linked Image from media.giphy.com]

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Idaho_Shooter
I have never been in Muskie, Pike, or Walleye waters.

I have slow UL rods for panfish, and fast ML rods for trout and bass, and usually that is actuallty what I grab for crappie. And I have large diameter heavy rods suitable for hauling in a 10 lb catfish or steelhead.

So educate me. What is the difference between a muskie rod and a bass rod? Is there a difference in requirements for dragging in a 12 lb LM bass vs a 12 lb muskie?

Or is it that one must be prepared for the occasional lunker? And would that not require the same equipment as steelhead?

More to do with the fishing techniques and the weight of the baits that you will use.

A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Originally Posted by ltppowell

That’s true. I don’t need the sensitivity (or cost) of an IMX or GLX in the saltwater, heck I don’t need a graphite rod for the type of fishing I do in the salt, in fact I rarely use anything other than the Lamiglass Classic glass for trolling and other than the Loomis spinning rods I don’t think I’ve fished one of my Loomis’ for a number of years. My GLoomis rods were for steelhead fishing but this state is managing them into extinction so I don’t waste my time fishing steelhead down here anymore.

For the money I Love the Ugly Sticks. My friends like to give me crap when I’m fishing with $500 of reel and line but using a $65 rod. One of my favorite series of rods for the money.

�Politicians are the lowest form of life on earth. Liberal Democrats are the lowest form of politician.� �General George S. Patton, Jr.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
T
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
T
I broke one of my Mojobass rods last summer and inquired about having it repaired. They replied that I could send it in for a 15 percent discount on a new one since they didn’t make that model any more. Thanks but no, probably wouldn’t have covered the shipping.

GLoomis used to overnight new salmon rods to fish camp on the Kenai if we’d email them a pic of the broken one.

Lamiglas always replaced my brokes no questions asked as well.

Maybe I just got a dickhead in CS. 🤷🏼‍♂️

M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
Originally Posted by TheLastLemming76

I’ll get on that Fenwick train. They make a nice rod. Couple of my faves have been discontinued. Though. G Loomis and St.Croix fill a lot of spots in my arsenal. I feel like St Croixs used to be made better, but they are still a good product. Haven’t had any experience with their customer service. Reels are entirely different ball of wax.

Who ice fishes? I go Jack Trap all the way.

A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
I have several Fenwicks and they’re great rods too.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Originally Posted by TheKid
I broke one of my Mojobass rods last summer and inquired about having it repaired. They replied that I could send it in for a 15 percent discount on a new one since they didn’t make that model any more. Thanks but no, probably wouldn’t have covered the shipping.

GLoomis used to overnight new salmon rods to fish camp on the Kenai if we’d email them a pic of the broken one.

Lamiglas always replaced my brokes no questions asked as well.

Maybe I just got a dickhead in CS. 🤷🏼‍♂️

I’m not familiar with mojobass rods, are they a Loomis line? If so the new GLoomis is not the same company since Gary sold it. I don’t know what their current warranty policy is but the old GLoomis (when Gary owned it) was an excellent company. Nowadays I’d be more inclined to go with Lamiglass over Loomis.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

554 members (1minute, 06hunter59, 10gaugemag, 2500HD, 160user, 1234, 73 invisible), 2,262 guests, and 1,263 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,791
Posts18,496,099
Members73,977
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.