Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Mule Deer
For the last decade+ I've generally keep enough primers (and rimfire ammo, and reloading components) on hand to not worry whether they'll be insufficient to last my lifetime. Have been doing this since the first "shortage" during the Clinton administration. So guess I am a hoarder--or just prepared.

Have sold a few primers to local friends who apparently don't shoot enough to have noticed the shortages, so always expected to be able to buy 200-300 primers at the local store.

Anyone that didn’t see this when Clinton was President hasn’t a leg to stand on. Bitch and moan, call people names and whine because you didn’t notice. There was plenty of time and components coming into the shortage that didn’t have bearing on the shortage we see now.

If it was to start all over, the same people would be out of ammunition and components, looking at those who had the stuff as scalpers and hoarders.

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
Originally Posted by shrapnel
For the last decade+ I've generally keep enough primers (and rimfire ammo, and reloading components) on hand to not worry whether they'll be insufficient to last my lifetime. Have been doing this since the first "shortage" during the Clinton administration. So guess I am a hoarder--or just prepared.

Have sold a few primers to local friends who apparently don't shoot enough to have noticed the shortages, so always expected to be able to buy 200-300 primers at the local store.

Anyone that didn’t see this when Clinton was President hasn’t a leg to stand on. Bitch and moan, call people names and whine because you didn’t notice. There was plenty of time and components coming into the shortage that didn’t have bearing on the shortage we see now.

If it was to start all over, the same people would be out of ammunition and components, looking at those who had the stuff as scalpers and hoarders.

Yes and before

M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
I own the exact same school of thought JB has on how much is enough and am so situated. Know a lot of fellow shooters who are still scrambling for necessities to keep shooting...mb

" Cheapest velocity in the world comes from a long barrel and I sure do like them. MB "
bcp Online Content
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
I was adequately stocked, but have acquired rifles in chamberings I had no bullets or cases for. And only now becoming available in a limited selection.

Never could see spending money on components for which I had no rifle and no intention at the time. But rifle deals "too good to pass up" happen.

Bruce

B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
Originally Posted by Godogs57
I have a “worst hoarder I’ve ever seen” story that I don’t believe can be topped. Good friend of mine here stored his components at two locations. One in a shed (with no electricity) behind his house and the second at another location.

Over the Clinton and Obama scares, I asked him from time to time “Hey, if you see any 210M’s I’d love to latch on to some”. Not that he owed me any such favor, but he’d say something like “umm hmm” and that was it.

Last year the shed behind the house caught fire….unknown how it managed to do so. Total loss. Primers, bullets, powder, live ammo…you name it. Son was a firefighter on the scene and sent me a video of everything cooking off.

He had in excess of two hundred thousand 210M’s alone! Plus a like amount of small rifle primers and pistol primers! Plus powder and ammo popping off. Ever light an entire pack of firecrackers? It sounded just like that, only more intense, for thirty or so minutes.

Sheriff’s dept here is very pro 2A and prevented any media types from latching on to this story and taking the narrative in God knows what direction.

And you are happy why??? What a piece of crap you are

IC B2

Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
I was lucky enough to come across a couple outstanding deals on primers and powder in the last 4-5 years and set with all things rifle. I was not as prepared for feeding my revolvers. Now I’m having to re-evaluate and make alternate plans.

CK
R
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
R
Old news, that only effects those who just started shooting or those who never shot much. It’s not new, it will go away and will happen again.

C
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C
Originally Posted by blanket
I have a “worst hoarder I’ve ever seen” story that I don’t believe can be topped. Good friend of mine here stored his components at two locations. One in a shed (with no electricity) behind his house and the second at another location.

Over the Clinton and Obama scares, I asked him from time to time “Hey, if you see any 210M’s I’d love to latch on to some”. Not that he owed me any such favor, but he’d say something like “umm hmm” and that was it.

Last year the shed behind the house caught fire….unknown how it managed to do so. Total loss. Primers, bullets, powder, live ammo…you name it. Son was a firefighter on the scene and sent me a video of everything cooking off.

He had in excess of two hundred thousand 210M’s alone! Plus a like amount of small rifle primers and pistol primers! Plus powder and ammo popping off. Ever light an entire pack of firecrackers? It sounded just like that, only more intense, for thirty or so minutes.

Sheriff’s dept here is very pro 2A and prevented any media types from latching on to this story and taking the narrative in God knows what direction.

Where did he say he was happy?

Old Corps

Semper Fi

FJB
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

What are you talking about? Godogs57 is a stand-up guy.

Mercy ceases to be a virtue when it enables further injustice. -Brent Weeks

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
To the non-prepared anyone who is prepared is a hoarder.

Black Cows Matter!
IC B3

L
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
L

Well there's nothing wrong or inaccurate about your statement some people that deal with age/income may not have been quite so fortunate and to be took advantage of by scalpers and such is absolutely b******* I am fortunate enough to pretty much be in the same boat as the above statement but I will never hesitate to absolutely destroy whenever possible such [bleep] of scalpers and hoarders that will never shoot what they have on hand.

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by ldholton

Well there's nothing wrong or inaccurate about your statement some people that deal with age/income may not have been quite so fortunate and to be took advantage of by scalpers and such is absolutely b******* I am fortunate enough to pretty much be in the same boat as the above statement but I will never hesitate to absolutely destroy whenever possible such [bleep] of scalpers and hoarders that will never shoot what they have on hand.

AFAIC, it's a badge of honor to have more than you will ever shoot. Doesn't mean your family, friends and heirs won't get there.

Slaves get what they need. Free men get what they want.

Rehabilitation is way overrated.

Orwell wasn't wrong.

GOA member
disappointed NRA member

24HCF SEARCH
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I have maintained a good stash based on consumption,
lately our 22 consumption has went up. It's now available
and not terribly expensive, a picture of Jackson gets a box of Auto Match.
2 boxes per Wally World trip is no big deal.....Each box gets dated and
The price marked on it.

Shortages are coming again, if I'm not sitting on 10k 22LLR or more for
the next one, shame on me.

Inflation + scalpers fee =$100/325 next go round.

Parents who say they have good kids..Usually don't!
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by muleshoe
To the non-prepared anyone who is prepared is a hoarder.

Yep, and there are a lot of unprepared people out there. We're not just talking about ammo and reloading components either. Such things as food, household supplies, critical parts, fuel, cash, are all things that a person should keep an adequate supply of on hand. Just in case.........whatever that case might be.

J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J

Friend and former coworker, also an avid hunter, has been stockpiling factory ammo in assorted center-fire and rim-fire calibers as well as shotgun gauges any time he found it priced right for at least 25 years.

Many would likely place him in the hoarder category, but personally, I'm leaning more toward seeing him as prophetic...

R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
If you live in south Florida and you see the news saying a Hurricaine is forming, then for days they say it's coming, then they say it's 100% certain that it's going to hit....
The you see the clouds and the wind and THEN you want to buy some plywood and a generator?
Tough chit. You deserve what you get.

TRUMP- GABBARD 2024
O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O

You owe him an apology. If I have to explain to you why then you are beyond redemption.

P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
Hoarding has its' advantages...

I can hide in any room in my house, in plain sight, and you'd never find me.

- Waldo

S
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
S
Originally Posted by Magnum_Bob
I own the exact same school of thought JB has on how much is enough and am so situated. Know a lot of fellow shooters who are still scrambling for necessities to keep shooting...mb

Another class mate here.

Never take life to seriously, after all ,no one gets out of it alive.
Campfire Savant
Campfire Savant
Those that were smart enough to hoard after the first shortage have supplies. Those that didn’t stock up, well they are like this little piggie. They cry all the way home and at home, because they didn’t.

Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

425 members (10ring1, 1lessdog, 1lesfox, 10gaugemag, 17CalFan, 12344mag, 52 invisible), 2,532 guests, and 1,204 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,366
Posts18,488,184
Members73,970
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.