Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
K
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
K
I bought the kids a Henry 22 youth lever gun this week and I'm thinking about ordering a Konus KonusPro 2x-7x32mm scope to put on it. Doug has a good price on them and it comes with rings. Anyone have one that can offer an opinion. Not looking for top-of-the-line here, just something small and light to plink with and maybe shoot a few coons & squirrels.

Last edited by KoolBreeze; 04/23/22.

”Those who would give up liberty for security, deserve neither.” Ben Franklin
GB1

J
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
J
I bought both of my nephews, who were four and six at the time, one of these scopes from Doug a couple of years ago to put on their Savage Rascals. They seem to be a nice little scope, especially for the price. The optics are clear with a good reticle. They sighted in easily and have held zero pretty good considering the abuse the boys have put them through. Their dad isn't one to baby or take care of his guns and he's unfortunately passed these habits on to the boys, so they've seen some hard use and mistreatment. Even with the abuse these scopes have seen, I've only had to make a couple of minor adjustments to get them back to zero. Overall, I think they're a great buy and perfect for what you're looking for. Just an FYI, the rings that came with the two I ordered were rimfire rings and I had to order standard rings to fit the bases on their rifles. I'm not sure what type of bases your rifle has, but just a heads up. Hopefully this helps!

K
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
K
Originally Posted by JPL4584
I bought both of my nephews, who were four and six at the time, one of these scopes from Doug a couple of years ago to put on their Savage Rascals. They seem to be a nice little scope, especially for the price. The optics are clear with a good reticle. They sighted in easily and have held zero pretty good considering the abuse the boys have put them through. Their dad isn't one to baby or take care of his guns and he's unfortunately passed these habits on to the boys, so they've seen some hard use and mistreatment. Even with the abuse these scopes have seen, I've only had to make a couple of minor adjustments to get them back to zero. Overall, I think they're a great buy and perfect for what you're looking for. Just an FYI, the rings that came with the two I ordered were rimfire rings and I had to order standard rings to fit the bases on their rifles. I'm not sure what type of bases your rifle has, but just a heads up. Hopefully this helps!

Thanks! The Henry has a 3/8" dovetail rail built into the top of the receiver so I'm hoping the included rings will work.

”Those who would give up liberty for security, deserve neither.” Ben Franklin
J
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
J
You're welcome! I had put Weaver bases on the nephews' rifles, so the included rimfire rings wouldn't work, but you should be good to go.

K
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
K
I picked up a little 1.5-5x32 KonusPro used a while back and I like it quite a bit. Glass is good, depth of field is good, and I don't notice any POI shift.
On low mag, its clear up close, and at 5X I can still snipe little stones and splinters off the 100 yard berm.

There is only 1 thing that I don't like and thats the 30/30 reticle. The fine portion is good (thickness) but it is too large. If these scopes had some 2 MOA or half mil hash marks they'd really be something.

Work is what you do to finance your real life.....
IC B2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

311 members (1minute, 204guy, 16penny, 1beaver_shooter, 1_deuce, 17CalFan, 41 invisible), 2,465 guests, and 1,327 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,112
Posts18,483,428
Members73,966
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.