Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 6 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by slumlord
Potato gun with Russet wad column, 1-1/2 โ€œ pipe b-omb launched at dudeโ€™s singlewide trailer stacked with Lil Debbies and a 410kโ€™s worth of .22 ammo

๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ˜

Romans 5:1

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by ingwe
Originally Posted by Dillonbuck
SHTF?
You need a few hundred rounds.
Most, will never fire much of that.

Stock piles are for others,

Agree but I'm sure to keep on hand gun(s) that will handle NATO cartridges ( read 5.56 and 9mm) and a pile of ammo for both.....knowing I wont use much of it as has been said, but I want to have it to hand out to anybody on my team that needs it.....

Yes. Thats why I stock up. With extra guns and ammo

M
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
M
Originally Posted by Mannlicher
Originally Posted by David_Walter
I wonder what the Ukrainians think about only having โ€œa few hundred roundsโ€ for a SHTF scenario?

Whatever side you choose about the Russia/Ukraine thing, thereโ€™s a lot to learn about urban combat happening right now.

yep, Canada or Mexico could invade any day now.

Mexico did, a bit over100 years ago - not sure the invasion isn't still occurring.
Maybe Canada's turn?

I've always been a curmudgeon - now I'm an old curmudgeon.
~Molษ”ฬ€หn Labรฉ Skรฝla~
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I think communications is key to any long term success. Comms with friends and neighbors and outlining communities to know what is and isn't coming. You seldom see people discuss comms, but if things are that bad, I'm assuming all cell and internet are down.

C
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
C
Is 38Super a good caliber?

If you are not actively engaging EVERY enemy you encounter... you are allowing another to fight for you... and that is cowardice... plain and simple.

IC B2

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by 250Sav_age
I think communications is key to any long term success. Comms with friends and neighbors and outlining communities to know what is and isn't coming. You seldom see people discuss comms, but if things are that bad, I'm assuming all cell and internet are down.

Even if they aren't but there's massive unrest - I'd throw my cell phone into the nearest lake and stay off the net.

Me

F
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
F
Long term societal breakdown? I'm likin' my flintlocks. C.O.A.L. not an issue, headspaces easily, stub yer toe on primers, fuel from piss, sulfur and charcoal....not good if you live in town though.
If you live in New Orleans 4th ward...a flight of A10's wouldn't be enough.

Well this is a fine pickle we're in, should'a listened to Joe McCarthy and George Orwell I guess.
T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
Sure as he'll ain't pretending it's a joke and not going happen. My greatest fear is someone ending up with my stuff, including the alphabet agencies. Do you fight or flee with all you can carry? Do you burn your house - bunker with everything you own and can't carry? Do you have your mind right? And have any kind of plan of when you're going to throw the towel in and go for broke? Life's good live it while you can.

Life is good live it while you can.
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Part of the mental game will be knowing what to let go, possession wise, and what to fight for.

If someone wants to loot my motorcycle - I let it go. No sense burning ammo/energy for something that has little use in a SHTF scenario (it's a harley not enduro)

Me

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by moosemike
Originally Posted by ingwe
Originally Posted by Dillonbuck
SHTF?
You need a few hundred rounds.
Most, will never fire much of that.

Stock piles are for others,

Agree but I'm sure to keep on hand gun(s) that will handle NATO cartridges ( read 5.56 and 9mm) and a pile of ammo for both.....knowing I wont use much of it as has been said, but I want to have it to hand out to anybody on my team that needs it.....

Yes. Thats why I stock up. With extra guns and ammo

Ally guns.

Slaves get what they need. Free men get what they want.

Rehabilitation is way overrated.

Orwell wasn't wrong.

GOA member
disappointed NRA member

24HCF SEARCH
IC B3

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
SHTF.....

Total Societal Breakdown......

Ya'll talking about some of the Charlton Heston Omega Man stuff?

If so, what you need to do is sell most of your guns, and get a small plane and learn to fly. That way when this deranged fantasy of the only people left in the US are roaming gangs of longhaired thugs wearing tires for armor, you just jump in your plane and fly down to Belize or the Caymans where you should have stashed your cash offshore ahead of time and let Thor and Achilles fight it out while you tan at the beach.

Look at it this way, at the rate of illegal immigration, there will be no natives left in Latin America in a year or two, so start scouting the abandoned land in the tropics. wink

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by Rhodes
SHTF.....

If so, what you need to do is sell most of your guns, and get a small plane and learn to fly. That way when this deranged fantasy of the only people left in the US are roaming gangs of longhaired thugs wearing tires for armor, you just jump in your plane and fly down to Belize or the Caymans where you should have stashed your cash offshore ahead of time and let Thor and Achilles fight it out while you tan at the beach.

Look at it this way, at the rate of illegal immigration, there will be no natives left in Latin America in a year or two, so start scouting the abandoned land in the tropics. wink

Omega man in the US pretty much means close to it elsewhere. Of what use would cash be? The country that produced it no longer exists.

Learning to sail and navigate/plot courses - supreme value. Think more like Maximum Overdrive

Me

T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
Take a look at this first-hand account of a guy living in an actual SHTF situation:

https://lulz.com/surviving-a-year-of-shtf-in-90s-bosnia-war-selco-forum-thread/

The biggest problem our country has is not systemic racism, it's systemic stupidity.
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
Originally Posted by Teal
Originally Posted by Rhodes
SHTF.....

Omega man in the US pretty much means close to it elsewhere. Of what use would cash be? The country that produced it no longer exists.

Learning to sail and navigate/plot courses - supreme value. Think more like Maximum Overdrive

Water World?? smile

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
How many guys in this thread are taking daily meditations? Medication, medical treatment and clean water are huge problems in such a scenario.

Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats.
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by MOGC
How many guys in this thread are taking daily meditations? Medication, medical treatment and clean water are huge problems in such a scenario.

I tested positive for Covid on Sunday - outside of Ricola cough drops - I'm taking nothing.

Me

T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
Originally Posted by MOGC

That's a great point. The recent lockdown and ongoing supply chain issues have served to show us just how vulnerable and dependent on outside forces many of us are.

The biggest problem our country has is not systemic racism, it's systemic stupidity.
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Question - how many are taking daily meds that they might not need?

You see the commercials - "Headaches? Happens on full moons in the month if June? Take this once daily pill, 365 days a year to prevent an issue that happens 3-7 times a year" - likely many (not all) can pare down their medication requirements. Much of what people take today is for better quality of life, not necessarily survival of life.

Would we all want better quality - yep but I'm not gonna risk my life over it. I'd learn to adjust until things got good again.

Me

R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
Originally Posted by CashisKing
Is 38Super a good caliber?

sรญ, no puedo pensar en uno mejor.

TRUMP- GABBARD 2024
R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
Soylent green is Taco Bell.

TRUMP- GABBARD 2024
Page 6 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

535 members (219 Wasp, 10Glocks, 21, 1minute, 260madman, 1OntarioJim, 59 invisible), 2,419 guests, and 1,210 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,431
Posts18,489,256
Members73,970
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.